Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(10-24-2016, 03:35 PM)jason Wrote: Early on a guy kept offering me Devonte Freeman for Robinson, and I kept rejecting it. Now I'm not sure I can get anything for him.

At this point you gotta keep him.  At most you would fetch is likely a Jordan Howard, Jon Stewart type of guy.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think they can turn it around
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: At this point you gotta keep him.  At most you would fetch is likely a Jordan Howard, Jon Stewart type of guy.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think they can turn it around
I remember everything I read before the season fantasy wise said to stay away from Blake Bortles. I didn't understand why, but from what I'm hearing, his mechanics are piss poor right now. I've only seen them once this year (in London), and they looked good. Robinson abused cromartie to the point he was released the following day. I don't get it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: I remember everything I read before the season fantasy wise said to stay away from Blake Bortles. I didn't understand why, but from what I'm hearing, his mechanics are piss poor right now. I've only seen them once this year (in London), and they looked good. Robinson abused cromartie to the point he was released the following day. I don't get it.

We should have known better, bengals played them in the preseason dress rehearsal and exposed them for what they are. I usually trust my eyes in the preseason and am right more often then not about whether it's just preseason mediocrity or a real issue. My eyes said they're screwed but I listened to all of the jags hype and went with him. Not that there were any good QB's left when I decided to grab one so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We should have known better, bengals played them in the preseason dress rehearsal and exposed them for what they are. I usually trust my eyes in the preseason and am right more often then not about whether it's just preseason mediocrity or a real issue. My eyes said they're screwed but I listened to all of the jags hype and went with him. Not that there were any good QB's left when I decided to grab one so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself 

Matt Ryan probably was....

But in all seriousness when you have rivers, Eli, Romo, Bortles I don't think there was a wrong choice.  Rivers has been the most consistent but injuries have made him just meh
Reply/Quote
I'm 5-2 in this league, feel good, but nervous. 5 pt for TD +2 over 20 + 5 over 50.

$5 a transaction

Bortles
McCoy, m Gordon, Blount, hill, d Washington, knile Davis
Julio, Baldwin, Alshon, Crabtree, r woods, John brown
Gronk, ertz
Rams D
Eagles kicker

So my qb situation is terrible, and winning in spite of Bortles. So at this point I am in need of a qb especially knowing Bortles has hardest strength of schedule of all QBs remaining. I have Crabtree out for roethlisberger (he has Brady and Alex smith) and then out for rivers (7th easiest schedule and cakewalk in playoffs). I'm hoping one of these get acepted because my backup option is Dak off waivers.

I also have waiver claims in for Moncreif, Rawls,panthers d. Dropping Roberts woods, John brown, Deandre Washington, Rams.

I'd like to know if this trade goes through because I would drop my dak waiver claim and go for another WR like davante Adams, enunwa, ty Montgomery, or whatever. I might just keep John brown and not spend an extra $5.

Anyway, in big trouble at QB, but luckily I have some top end talent in Gronk, Julio, McCoy (needs to get healthy), and Melvin - and his demise isn't around the corner like many are predicting.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 06:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'm 5-2 in this league, feel good, but nervous. 5 pt for TD +2 over 20 + 5 over 50.

$5 a transaction

Bortles
McCoy, m Gordon, Blount, hill, d Washington, knile Davis
Julio, Baldwin, Alshon, Crabtree, r woods, John brown
Gronk, ertz
Rams D
Eagles kicker

So my qb situation is terrible, and winning in spite of Bortles. So at this point I am in need of a qb especially knowing Bortles has hardest strength of schedule of all QBs remaining. I have Crabtree out for roethlisberger (he has Brady and Alex smith) and then out for rivers (7th easiest schedule and cakewalk in playoffs). I'm hoping one of these get acepted because my backup option is Dak off waivers.

I also have waiver claims in for Moncreif, Rawls,panthers d. Dropping Roberts woods, John brown, Deandre Washington, Rams.

I'd like to know if this trade goes through because I would drop my dak waiver claim and go for another WR like davante Adams, enunwa, ty Montgomery, or whatever. I might just keep John brown and not spend an extra $5.

Anyway, in big trouble at QB, but luckily I have some top end talent in Gronk, Julio, McCoy (needs to get healthy), and Melvin - and his demise isn't around the corner like many are predicting.
I normally think 85-90% of QBs are all the same. Julio and Gronk alone give you pretty good advantage over most teams. Having said that, Bortles sucks this year. He's killing Robinson for me. Either way, I don't think you're giving up too much to get either of those guys. Is Mariotta available in your league?

I'm thinking of trying to swing a trade for OBJ. A woman has him, and she's just making stupid move after stupid move. She puts in about 5-6 waiver claims per cycle. She has ...

Wentz and Siemien at QB
OBJ and guys like Beasley... Garbage WRs
Matt Forte is her best RB and she just picked him up when I cut him last week.

Her team sucks... I'm thinking of offering quite a lot to get him. I'm thinking Andy Dalton, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry. Is that too much?

If I do it that would leave me.

Rivers QB
Green WR
Cooper WR
Montgomery WR
Ajayi, Ware, Jaquizz Rogers RB
Rudolph and Henry at TE
... And OBJ of course.

Should I make the offer?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: I normally think 85-90% of QBs are all the same. Julio and Gronk alone give you pretty good advantage over most teams. Having said that, Bortles sucks this year. He's killing Robinson for me. Either way, I don't think you're giving up too much to get either of those guys. Is Mariotta available in your league?

I'm thinking of trying to swing a trade for OBJ. A woman has him, and she's just making stupid move after stupid move. She puts in about 5-6 waiver claims per cycle. She has ...

Wentz and Siemien at QB

Her team sucks... I'm thinking of offering quite a lot to get him. I'm thinking Andy Dalton, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry. Is that too much?

Rivers QB
Green WR
Cooper WR
Montgomery WR
Rudolph and Henry at TE
... And OBJ of course.

Should I make the offer?

Idk man I don't think it'd be terrible value for you but I'd be reluctant to roll with just rivers at QB. He's a matchup QB this year so I'd want to keep Andy to swap back and forth with if I were you. Plus Andy is through the hard part of his schedule so he could really take off. Guess it depends on who you can pick up off waivers at QB. You might consider selling high on Rodgers too, know he's killing it but when Martin comes back...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Idk man I don't think it'd be terrible value for you but I'd be reluctant to roll with just rivers at QB. He's a matchup QB this year so I'd want to keep Andy to swap back and forth with if I were you. Plus Andy is through the hard part of his schedule so he could really take off. Guess it depends on who you can pick up off waivers at QB. You might consider selling high on Rodgers too, know he's killing it but when Martin comes back...
Allan Robinson and Jaquizz Rogers for OBJ? I'm kinda talking myself outta the whole thing, and just sticking with what I have.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:46 PM)jason Wrote: Allan Robinson and Jaquizz Rogers for OBJ? I'm kinda talking myself outta the whole thing, and just sticking with what I have.

I'd do that one if she'd take it. Think OBJ will be much safer in the long haul than either of those 2
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to get by with something due to so many bye week players for me this week. I'm now carrying 2 kickers because I do not want to lose Tucker. Nugent was picked up...To do this I dropped TE Henry and put Miller my only TE in to start...Now I'm trying to drop Miller and pick back up Henry....The hope is that when it is time to drop Nugent I can add and still have both my TE's by always keeping one in free agent limbo as a not available yet free agent. ....Maybe it's dealing off the bottom, but after Sunday Nugent is gone as I start Tucker again. I need 2 good TE's when this is over.......This really backfires if NFL says Henry can't play due to concussion and I don't pull off dropping Nugent for Miller back next week....But, I'm rolling the dice on this one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 07:10 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm trying to get by with something due to so many bye week players for me this week. I'm now carrying 2 kickers because I do not want to lose Tucker.  Nugent was picked up...To do this I dropped TE Henry and put Miller my only TE in to start...Now I'm trying to drop Miller and pick back up Henry....The hope is that when it is time to drop Nugent I can add and still have both my TE's by always keeping one in free agent limbo as a not available yet free agent. ....Maybe it's dealing off the bottom, but after Sunday Nugent is gone as I start Tucker again. I need 2 good TE's when this is over.......This really backfires if NFL says Henry can't play due to concussion and I don't pull off dropping Nugent for Miller back next week....But, I'm rolling the dice on this one.

As I've said before I'd just drop tucker, yes he is the 2nd best kicker but they are too unpredictable from week to week to justify carrying two.  Go look at Hopkins the Washington kicker. He was by far #1 through weeks 3&4 but has fallen all the way to 5.

I wouldn't want to risk losing hunter Henry over a flippen kicker no one would pick up
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: As I've said before I'd just drop tucker, yes he is the 2nd best kicker but they are too unpredictable from week to week to justify carrying two.  Go look at Hopkins the Washington kicker. He was by far #1 through weeks 3&4 but has fallen all the way to 5.

I wouldn't want to risk losing hunter Henry over a flippen kicker no one would pick up
Yeah.

Hell if it comes down to it play without a kicker. I've won games before where I got 0 points from a position, and it happens to kickers the most... Sometimes defenses. That's no different than playing without one.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: I normally think 85-90% of QBs are all the same. Julio and Gronk alone give you pretty good advantage over most teams. Having said that, Bortles sucks this year. He's killing Robinson for me. Either way, I don't think you're giving up too much to get either of those guys. Is Mariotta available in your league?

Wentz and Siemien at QB

Rivers QB
Green WR
Cooper WR
Montgomery WR
Rudolph and Henry at TE
... And OBJ of course.

Should I make the offer?

Id do it but I always try and take the better player but two things to considers

Obj has a hip thing right now

You might have a more balanced lineup by trying to trade for a RB.
Reply/Quote
Come on garbage time Bortles one more TD with 5:00 to go.

(Anything over 20 yds is a bonus)
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Come on garbage time Bortles one more TD with 5:00 to go.  

Well that works, maybe one more if they can somehow get an onside kick?

And yes I'm talking to myself  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Come on garbage time Bortles one more TD with 5:00 to go.  

Of course he throws it to Hurns who I'm playing smh a lot of good that did me Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:18 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Of course he throws it to Hurns who I'm playing smh a lot of good that did me Sad

Sorry, this is pathetic.  Best fantasy game of the year for Bortles.  I'm glad we have Andy... And mccarron
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sorry, this is pathetic.  Best fantasy game of the year for Bortles.  I'm glad we have Andy... And mccarron

Might still have time for yet another garbage td...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Might still have time for yet another garbage td...

Just hopefully not to Hurns
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Just hopefully not to Hurns

Or Julius.  Maybe A-rob
Reply/Quote