Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(10-19-2016, 04:41 AM)kevin Wrote: I picked up RB Ajeyi and dropped Sproles and in starting line-up....Also replaced Matthews with Britt at WR, then dropped Matthews for RB Duke Johnson due to too many RBs with a bye week in week 8. ....Am starting Dalton over Wilson at QB because he is just playing better. Wilson can't even run due to injury. Dalton going against Browns defense in Cincinnati. ...So going with Dalton, West, Ajeyi, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Britt, Henry, Tucker, Seahawks D.....Reserves are Wilson, Hill, Johnson, Thomas, Miller......Next week I will have to add a kicker to replace Tucker in bye week, and I may have to drop Thomas. I hate dropping my back up WRs to fill bye week needs, but there are many WRs in free agency putting up yards. Once I get week 8 bye week out of the way, I'm in kind of good shape rest of season I think. Week 8 hits my team hard and I refuse to start bye week players for no points as I've seen some do. I'm not afraid to make moves. 4 of my week 7 starters have bye weeks in week 8. ...Making moves now except kicker next week, and then will have to drop and add after week 8.......Like Bengals, my team The Puddy Tats was 0-3 but now 2-3 and trying to claw back to 3-3 and . 500 , as Bengals try to claw to 3-4 and then . 500.....Week 8 RBs will have to be Hill and Johnson.  Britt will need replaced so I guess I need to keep Thomas.  I don't know how I replace Tucker. Maybe drop worst bye week player at end so no team can claim him week 8, and put in claim as soon as Sunday games over.  Very tricky bye week for me in week 8.

Drop tucker for another kicker next week.  Think of kickers that play on offenses that move the ball then sputter in red zone. Bengals, bears, packers, Vikings, Ravens, etc.  or simply go after the best offense and you will at least get more attempts.  Falcons, Seahawks, raiders, etc

Never drop someone for a kicker.  And you can pick up tucker following week anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My team is sputtering the last two weeks. 4-0 quickly turned to 4-2. My RB situation is turning ugly. I'm starting:

QB Phillip Rivers
WR AJ Green
WR Allen Robinson
RB Spencer Ware
RB ????
TE Hunter Henry
Flex Amari Cooper

Who should be my other RB? Jordan Howard (GB Thursday), Duke Johnson (Cincy), or Matt Forte (I will ignore whoever suggests him.)?

Help!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Howard all day if Langford is still out.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Howard all day if Langford is still out.
That's what I was thinking, but I guess GB hasn't given up anything on the ground til Elliot got them. Those Thursday night games scare me too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:31 PM)jason Wrote: My team is sputtering the last two weeks. 4-0 quickly turned to 4-2. My RB situation is turning ugly. I'm starting:

QB Phillip Rivers
WR AJ Green
WR Allen Robinson
RB Spencer Ware
RB ????
TE Hunter Henry
Flex Amari Cooper

Who should be my other RB? Jordan Howard (GB Thursday), Duke Johnson (Cincy), or Matt Forte (I will ignore whoever suggests him.)?

Help!!!!
Ok just added Jaquez Rogers (or whatever), and dropped Duke Johnson. Anybody like him this week?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Like stone said, Howard for sure. Maybe rogers if Martin is out again but I haven't heard that he will be. Safest to go with Howard
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Like stone said, Howard for sure. Maybe rogers if Martin is out again but I haven't heard that he will be. Safest to go with Howard
He's out again.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd go Rodgers over Ware. Mass volume plus crud run defense, plus Charles may be the one getting the carries. We know Rodgers will get the work.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:31 PM)jason Wrote: My team is sputtering the last two weeks. 4-0 quickly turned to 4-2. My RB situation is turning ugly. I'm starting:

QB Phillip Rivers
WR AJ Green
WR Allen Robinson
RB Spencer Ware
RB ????
TE Hunter Henry
Flex Amari Cooper

Help!!!!

Probably Howard but outside of Dallas GB has been one of the best teams at stopping the run.   Duke Johnson could be sneaky... Did you see what white did last week?

Ware Howard and let itngo
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Howard all day if Langford is still out.

Even if Langford is healthy. Langford will be relegated to back up
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Drop tucker for another kicker next week.  Think of kickers that play on offenses that move the ball then sputter in red zone. Bengals, bears, packers, Vikings, Ravens, etc.  or simply go after the best offense and you will at least get more attempts.  Falcons, Seahawks, raiders, etc

Never drop someone for a kicker.  And you can pick up tucker following week anyway.

as a matter of fact it is Thursday Morning, TE Miller injured and questionable for tonight's game, I'm starting Henry anyway at TE...So I dropped Miller and picked up Nugent...I like the move.  I don't want to lose Tucker.  I can afford to lose Miller more than Tucker.  There are other tight ends after week 8, and I'm starting to like Henry in there.  Some Bengals fans think Nugent stinks, but I know he has never missed for Bengals inside the 30 and is the most accurate kicker in Bengals History if you look at the stats.  I don't like that the game is in London.  At least I'm not guaranteed a zero by just starting bye week kicker. ..I'm sure Matthews and Miller will get picked up, but I think I can find players of more or equal value going into week 9. ......Now I have to hope Bengals win Sunday but Browns RB Johnson not injured and able to start with Hill in week 8 back field, while Nugent kicks that week also. I will not accept bye week zeros.....Dalton my starter this week.....I may have as many as 3 Bengal starters in London. Depends on how Wilson plays this Sunday who starts week 9. I do have a QB controversy watching how Wilson and Dalton are playing and best man wins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: He's out again.

Oh well that makes this interesting, I might try to add him now. I have McKinnon and Hill starting at the moment. Might put hill on the bench if my waiver claim comes through. 

For you I think I would lead toward Rodgers too considering Howard has a tough matchup and Rodgers doesn't. My advice is usually wrong tho so...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 09:15 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Oh well that makes this interesting, I might try to add him now. I have McKinnon and Hill starting at the moment. Might put hill on the bench if my waiver claim comes through. 

For you I think I would lead toward Rodgers too considering Howard has a tough matchup and Rodgers doesn't. My advice is usually wrong tho so...
Me too. I've left a lot of points on the bench this year. But yeah... Rogers is projected to get almost 16 points in my league. I'm playing him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I got a Flex option question.

Start Michael Thomas on the road against the Chiefs or Duke Johnson on the road against the Bengals? I'm leaning towards going with Duke?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 11:44 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I got a Flex option question.

Start Michael Thomas on the road against the Chiefs or Duke Johnson on the road against the Bengals? I'm leaning towards going with Duke?
I think I'd lean toward Thomas. I just looked him up and he's been steady. That offense always produces.

Duke will be a good option if you think the Bengals can stop the run (which outside if Elliot, they kind of have lately). James White was giving the LBs hell catching out if the backfield so there's that. I saw you predicted a Browns decisive victory so they will probably ground and pound with Crowell.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 12:05 PM)jason Wrote: I think I'd lean toward Thomas. I just looked him up and he's been steady. That offense always produces.

Duke will be a good option if you think the Bengals can stop the run (which outside if Elliot, they kind of have lately).  James White was giving the LBs hell catching out if the backfield so there's that. I saw you predicted a Browns decisive victory so they will probably ground and pound with Crowell.

I can't exactly remember my prediction, but if its from the Jungle Noise thread, I think it was around 97-2.......LOL!  (psst.....I do that just to get a rise out of some of those hard core, orange kool aid drinking, over reactors we have on that board.)  I really don't think we lose to the Browns that bad.  In fact, I think in this fantasy pick em league here, I even predicted the Bengals to win!!!!  But don't tell those folks over there.  Smirk

I don't even know who is the Browns leading RB.  Johnson or Crowell?  I thought I heard Crowell has been wearing down lately and that's why Johnson's play has stepped up in recent weeks.  But, on the flip side.....that Saints offense is fun to watch when its clicking and Thomas has scored in 3 consecutive weeks.  Yah, I think you talked me into starting Thomas now......... 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 12:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I can't exactly remember my prediction, but if its from the Jungle Noise thread, I think it was around 97-2.......LOL!  (psst.....I do that just to get a rise out of some of those hard core, orange kool aid drinking, over reactors we have on that board.)  I really don't think we lose to the Browns that bad.  In fact, I think in this fantasy pick em league here, I even predicted the Bengals to win!!!!  But don't tell those folks over there.  Smirk

I don't even know who is the Browns leading RB.  Johnson or Crowell?  I thought I heard Crowell has been wearing down lately and that's why Johnson's play has stepped up in recent weeks.  But, on the flip side.....that Saints offense is fun to watch when its clicking and Thomas has scored in 3 consecutive weeks.  Yah, I think you talked me into starting Thomas now......... 
Yeah. Crowell is slowing down, and Johnson is the pass catching back. I actually drafted Johnson cause I thought Hue would get the most outta him. I dropped him for Crowell, and then yesterday dropped Crowell for Johnson.

If Jaquizz Rogers is available, he may be worth adding and starting for one week. TB doesn't have any other RB right now, and the 9ers suck against the run.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Howard all day even if Langford is healthy. Langford isn't getting his job back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bell
Gordon
Green

Need another reciever and flex. Currently have Alshon and Cobb

Cooks- outside of Pitt KC hasn't been bad against WR
Cobb- gonna get lots of short stuff without legit Runningg game
Alshon- gb is worst team defending pass
Howard- gb is #1 against the run

I want to play cooks, but I think Cobb is the right play.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bell
Gordon
Green

Need another reciever and flex. Currently have Alshon and Cobb

Cooks- outside of Pitt KC hasn't been bad against WR
Cobb- gonna get lots of short stuff without legit Runningg game
Alshon- gb is worst team defending pass
Howard- gb is #1 against the run

I want to play cooks, but I think Cobb is the right play.
Cobb.

I think he will line up in the backfield some tonight too. I just picked up Ty Montgomery, who they say will play RB and be the 3rd receiver tonight too... And I'm gonna start him!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote