Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(10-06-2016, 07:04 PM)kevin Wrote: Like chess, it was time to trade pieces....I dropped Gio Bernard, Darren Sproles, Quince Enunwa, Cole Beasley and Dennis Pitta......but I picked up Terrance West, Eddie Royal, Michael Thomas, Zach Miller and Packers Defense due to Seattle D has a bye week. ...Who I picked up are out playing who I dropped.  ....Bernard just isn't rushing for any yards. OK, he had a nice pass catching game. I want RBs that rush for yards first and if they can catch even better.  Gio is not gaining any rushing yards so far, he stinks. ...Hill and West are my only RBs due to bye week replacements.....Now I will drop Packers D next week because I will no longer need them, and pick up the best rushing RB that I can get.  I'm hoping some free agent starts rushing for yards, I need a sleeper.

I think you could have traded Gio for something and yards are yards, doesn't matter how they accumulate in fantasy.  How do you think Sproles and Woodhead have continued to be valuable fantasy commodities for the last 5 years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 08:40 AM)jason Wrote: How in the hell did you manage to have Julio, Zeke, and David Johnson on your team?...

10 team league, I schooled everyone in the draft. David Johnson fell to me in the 2nd round. Whatttt??? Then I traded Brandin Cooks and Jordan Howard for Zeke.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 09:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Denver plays Atlanta.... They have the 30th ranked D.

It's not as clear cut as one would think. In fact according to fantasy pros, who takes all major sites rankings and averages them out, CJ Anderson is ranked 4th and Melvin 6th. Both great

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb.php

I'll probably play them both over Zeke since I have a comfortable lead with David Johnson's night last night. Plus he's against the Bengals so....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 10 team league, I schooled everyone in the draft. David Johnson fell to me in the 2nd round. Whatttt??? Then I traded Brandin Cooks and Jordan Howard for Zeke.
I guess you did.

I got the worst draft grade in my league. I take WRs like they're going out of style, and just patch together some RBs as the season rolls along. Seems like it always works in PPR. In first place with the most points scored... Same as last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:20 AM)jason Wrote: I guess you did.

I got the worst draft grade in my league. I take WRs like they're going out of style, and just patch together some RBs as the season rolls along. Seems like it always works in PPR. In first place with the most points scored... Same as last year.

In another league I got a grade of A+ and an 11-2 projection. I'm barely hanging on at 1-3 and have not had any injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'll probably play them both over Zeke since I have a comfortable lead with David Johnson's night last night.  Plus he's against the Bengals so....

Actually not a bad idea.  I'd bet bengals go into
Game thinking if they slow down zeke they win.  That didn't work out too well in Denver, but Dallas doesn't have two phenomenal recievers with DEZ ailing
Reply/Quote
New week, same question....

Rivers QB
AJ Green & Allen Robinson WR
Jordan Howard & Crowell RB
Dennis Pitta TE

Who's my flex? Amari Cooper (KC), Jarvis Landry (Pitt), or Terrelle Pryor (Tenn)?

Trying get back to first place this week fellas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:22 AM)jason Wrote: New week, same question....

Rivers QB
AJ Green & Allen Robinson WR
Jordan Howard & Crowell RB
Dennis Pitta TE

Who's my flex? Amari Cooper (KC), Jarvis Landry (Pitt), or Terrelle Pryor (Tenn)?

Trying get back to first place this week fellas.

Cooper

Oakland d sucks meaning potential shootout.

Miami can't do anything, and Pryor is good, but who is his qb
Reply/Quote
12 team standard trade offered. I get Randall Cobb I give up Blount.

Here is my team (and where I drafted - I feel like this is a real good teams and don't necessarily need to upgrade, but always looking to get better)

Brady (6), Ryan (9)
Bell(2), Gordon (5), Blount (8), Howard (FA), j Stewart (FA)
Green (1), Alshon (4), cooks (3), d Parker (10)
Fleener (7), Rudolph (FA)
Minn d, steelers this week
Kicker

Now blounts value is probably going to head down with Brady back and Dion coming back eventually. and it looks like Cobb may be trending up. I'd love to get rid of Parker bc he has done terrible but I need him for two weeks down the road when green and Alshon are on a bye. Cobb is a clear upgrade there but also like the depth at RB
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Cooper

Oakland d sucks meaning potential shootout.

Miami can't do anything, and Pryor is good, but who is his qb

Agreed, although Pryor could beat him this week the smart play is cooper. Plus he's off the td drought so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a streak here soon
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 12 team standard trade offered. I get Randall Cobb I give up Blount.

Here is my team (and where I drafted - I feel like this is a real good teams and don't necessarily need to upgrade, but always looking to get better)

Brady (6), Ryan (9)
Kicker

Now blounts value is probably going to head down with Brady back and Dion coming back eventually. and it looks like Cobb may be trending up.  I'd love to get rid of Parker bc he has done terrible but I need him for two weeks down the road when green and Alshon are on a bye.  Cobb is a clear upgrade there but also like the depth at RB

I'd do it, you're solid at RB and thin at WR. Plus with Brady back I think Blounts consistency will begin to really bounce around week to week
Reply/Quote
My RB situation is a mess, who would you start?

Hill if healthy
Fozzie picked off waivers
Or devonte booker?

I need 2 and that's all I've got this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd do it, you're solid at RB and thin at WR. Plus with Brady back I think Blounts consistency will begin to really bounce around week to week
I agree. I have Dion Lewis on my radar. My RB situation is dicey since Forte seems to have fallen off.

Blount will be hit or miss now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: My RB situation is a mess, who would you start?

Hill if healthy
Fozzie picked off waivers
Or devonte booker?

I need 2 and that's all I've got this week.
Shit man... Who else are you starting? Hopefully you got guys to pick up the slack.

The easy answer would be Fozzie based off the Saints matchup.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Is Dalton a better start than Rivers (vs Denver on Thursday)?

With that o line, I'm so damn gun-shy about him. If Eifert is back I'd feel a lil better, but I won't know that by Thursday.

Anybody think Kaepernick could pull something outta his ass for one game?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 12 team standard trade offered. I get Randall Cobb I give up Blount.

Brady (6), Ryan (9)
Kicker

Now blounts value is probably going to head down with Brady back and Dion coming back eventually. and it looks like Cobb may be trending up.  I'd love to get rid of Parker bc he has done terrible but I need him for two weeks down the road when green and Alshon are on a bye.  Cobb is a clear upgrade there but also like the depth at RB

What about Blount and Gordon for Lamar Miller and Cobb? 

Sell high on 2 RB and buy low on two potential studs.  Melvin has been extremely lucky with finding he ends one but is averaging 3.2 ypc.  He really has been inefficient.  

I've wanted Lamar Miller on my team since before the season started and I think I have the pieces (and depth) to make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:28 PM)jason Wrote: Is Dalton a better start than Rivers (vs Denver on Thursday)?

With that o line, I'm so damn gun-shy about him. If Eifert is back I'd feel a lil better, but I won't know that by Thursday.

Anybody think Kaepernick could pull something outta his ass for one game?

Kaep could be interesting. 

And you have a tough decision for one week.  I'd go dalton on matchup
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: Shit man... Who else are you starting? Hopefully you got guys to pick up the slack.

The easy answer would be Fozzie based off the Saints matchup.

I'm solid at WR, Antonio brown, Marshall, Steve smith is finally coming around (although banged up this week), John brown (think he's on the upswing as long as Palmer is back to throw the deep ball) and Enunwa. 

They've been carrying me this season. Have to really carry me this week if I'm gonna keep it close. 

RB's got drafted way earlier than I expected in my league, and the first one I picked was Rawls which has been a complete disaster. Hill has been solid considering where I picked him he's been my best RB. Got McKinnon as soon as ap went down which has worked well the last few weeks too but he's on a bye so I'm scrambling here.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What about Blount and Gordon for Lamar Miller and Cobb? 

Sell high on 2 RB and buy low on two potential studs.  Melvin has been extremely lucky with finding he ends one but is averaging 3.2 ypc.  He really has been inefficient.  

I've wanted Lamar Miller on my team since before the season started and I think I have the pieces (and depth) to make it happen.

I would strongly suggest keeping Gordon. Like 30 fewer yards than Miller and 7 more TD's. Doesn't matter if he's got a low ypc he is going to get redzone looks all year and will continue to get touches. Miller has disappointed much like the Texans offense. Gordon will be a top 5-10 RB all year IMO Ive been disappointed with Miller, thought when he got this shot he'd turn into a star but hes about what hes always been. 

I'd do the blunt for Cobb one though
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 07:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'm solid at WR, Antonio brown, Marshall, Steve smith is finally coming around (although banged up this week), John brown (think he's on the upswing as long as Palmer is back to throw the deep ball) and Enunwa. 

They've been carrying me this season. Have to really carry me this week if I'm gonna keep it close. 

RB's got drafted way earlier than I expected in my league, and the first one I picked was Rawls which has been a complete disaster. Hill has been solid considering where I picked him he's been my best RB. Got McKinnon as soon as ap went down which has worked well the last few weeks too but he's on a bye so I'm scrambling here.
I'm in the same boat. I load up on WRs on purpose then worry about RBs. I'm so glad my neighbor beat me to Jeremy Hill, because I was gonna take him in the fourth. Forte was the first one I took. Looked like a good pick for two weeks. I was ahead of the pack on Jordan Howard, but all I have is him, Crowell, and Forte.... I think I'll pick up Dion Lewis next week while he's still on the pup. You may want to do the same. He was great last year when healthy.

I'd go Fozzie and Booker. Gio may get more snaps than Hill again.

AB may put up 40 on the Dolphins. Decker's done for the year, so Marshall should see more targets... Somehow Steve Smith keeps chugging. I had him last year, but was afraid he wouldn't recover... Wrong.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote