Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(10-20-2016, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Howard all day even if Langford is healthy. Langford isn't getting his job back.

Carey is cracking into his playing time. Langford would lessen it even more is all I was getting at.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: Cobb.

I think he will line up in the backfield some tonight too. I just picked up Ty Montgomery, who they say will play RB and be the 3rd receiver tonight too... And I'm gonna start him!

I tried to pick him up today too. He was available when I clicked on him and by the time I clicked add someone else had gotten him. They got him the exact same minute I tried to!!! Ugh! What are the chances?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 06:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I tried to pick him up today too. He was available when I clicked on him and by the time I clicked add someone else had gotten him. They got him the exact same minute I tried to!!! Ugh! What are the chances?!
The more of read up on the situation, I talked myself out if starting him. I'd be benching Amari Cooper to do it. I'm sure he will go off for 30 points now. I made the mistake last week of playing a guy on Thursday just to make the game interesting. It will be interesting to see how they use him though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 06:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Carey is cracking into his playing time. Langford would lessen it even more is all I was getting at.

True. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come, but you have to consider it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Rivers vs ATL or Bortles vs OAK?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 08:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Rivers vs ATL or Bortles vs OAK?
I don't think you go wrong either way... But only because Bortles is playing Oakland. In general I'd go Rivers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: Cobb.

I think he will line up in the backfield some tonight too. I just picked up Ty Montgomery, who they say will play RB and be the 3rd receiver tonight too... And I'm gonna start him!

Cobb was the right call, Alshon on the other hand... Jeesh.  What a waste of talent.  They need to trade him to sandiego.  Rivers would make him a top 5 WR, and the chargers are so close to being able to take the AFCW
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Cobb was the right call, Alshon on the other hand... Jeesh.  What a waste of talent.  They need to trade him to sandiego.  Rivers would make him a top 5 WR, and the chargers are so close to being able to take the AFCW
You know what cracks me up? At the end of the 2014 college season Joey Bosa was considered the top prospect for the 2016 draft. As a year went by, they found things to nitpick... No quick twitch... Blah blah. They dig up a QB nobody's ever seen. Teams trade up for QBs. Bosa falls to SD, misses all of training camp, and the first few games, then comes in and looks just like he did in college.

Also, I wish I would have started Ty Montgomery last night like I was going to. I was kicking myself as that game went on.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 09:05 AM)jason Wrote: You know what cracks me up? At the end of the 2014 college season Joey Bosa was considered the top prospect for the 2016 draft. As a year went by, they found things to nitpick... No quick twitch... Blah blah. They dig up a QB nobody's ever seen. Teams trade up for QBs. Bosa falls to SD, misses all of training camp, and the first few games, then comes in and looks just like he did in college.

Also, I wish I would have started Ty Montgomery last night like I was going to. I was kicking myself as that game went on.

Would have been a good move for 1 game but I can't imagine that is their long term plan.  I think knile Davis could be something season long?  
Reply/Quote
A good week to start Bengals players you might have.....Browns limp in very, very injured....Eifert may even play. ....Bengals back in the Jungle in kind of a Homecoming Game after on the road this much. Bengals want to prove something and Browns may just be the team they score a ton of points on. Bengals D may have a great game also..........Fantasy Websites are saying this, not me.....but as a Bengals Fan, I wouldn't mind Bengals taking care of business to get to 3-4 and if Patriots beat Steelers, even better. Big Ben is OUT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So I've got a QB controversy in two different leagues. The first one is David Carr (@ Jax) vs. Russell Wilson (@ Arizona). The second one is David Carr (@ Jax) vs. Andy Dalton (vs. Browns).

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:49 PM)NKYRob Wrote: So I've got a QB controversy in two different leagues.  The first one is David Carr (@ Jax) vs. Russell Wilson (@ Arizona).  The second one is David Carr (@ Jax) vs. Andy Dalton (vs. Browns).

Thoughts?

I'd go Carr and Dalton. Wilson has had like one good game this season so I wouldn't start him until he performs or has a really good matchup. Dalton has a good chance to put up good numbers since he's got the best matchup of the 3. 
Reply/Quote
Need to start 3. Hopkins, Fuller, Maclin, Tavon Austin, Tyrell Williams, Jarvis Landry, Julio Jones(obviously yes). I'm actually leaning toward Maclin and Williams. Maclin vs Saints and Williams in the highest over/under game on the board. Hopkins and Fuller against Denver. Austin, nope. I need upside because I am against Cobb.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 02:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Need to start 3. Hopkins, Fuller, Maclin, Tavon Austin, Tyrell Williams, Jarvis Landry, Julio Jones(obviously yes).  I'm actually leaning toward Maclin and Williams. Maclin vs Saints and Williams in the highest over/under game on the board. Hopkins and Fuller against Denver. Austin, nope. I need upside because I am against Cobb.

I'm in the boat of never sit your studs so I would start Hopkins probably.  With that said, he has been anything but that through 6 weeks.  Is it ppr?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 04:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'm in the boat of never sit your studs so I would start Hopkins probably.  With that said, he has been anything but that through 6 weeks.  Is it ppr?

It is indeed ppr. I go by that rule as well usually but temptation is a mother fuuuu. Tyrell in a shootout and/or garbage time would be said temptation.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 05:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It is indeed ppr. I go by that rule as well usually but temptation is a mother fuuuu. Tyrell in a shootout and/or garbage time would be said temptation.

I might go Landry then. :-/
Reply/Quote
I've been starting Allen Robinson every week as he was my number 2 pick.... Is it stupid to sit him until he does something? I have plenty of WRs Green, Cooper, Landry, Montgomery... It just seems every week they say "look for Robinson to bounce back in a plus matchup..." That whole offense seems to suck.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:53 AM)jason Wrote: I've been starting Allen Robinson every week as he was my number 2 pick.... Is it stupid to sit him until he does something? I have plenty of WRs Green, Cooper, Landry, Montgomery... It just seems every week they say "look for Robinson to bounce back in a plus matchup..." That whole offense seems to suck.

Maybe, I have Bortles and am winning in spite of him.  I think I'm going to ty and swing a trade
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:53 AM)jason Wrote: I've been starting Allen Robinson every week as he was my number 2 pick.... Is it stupid to sit him until he does something? I have plenty of WRs Green, Cooper, Landry, Montgomery... It just seems every week they say "look for Robinson to bounce back in a plus matchup..." That whole offense seems to suck.

Not stupid at all, I wouldn't play him again unless he has an amazing matchup or starts to put up points. Especially with the other WR's you have.

And I have Bortles as well, guy is killing me. Him and rivers always have bad games/matchups on the same week so either way I'm screwed. Plus Bortles only gets his points in garbage time when he does get any. Too stressful seeing your qb with 4 points going into the 4th. I'm about to cut that guy, they suck
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not stupid at all, I wouldn't play him again unless he has an amazing matchup or starts to put up points. Especially with the other WR's you have.

And I have Bortles as well, guy is killing me. Him and rivers always have bad games/matchups on the same week so either way I'm screwed. Plus Bortles only gets his points in garbage time when he does get any. Too stressful seeing your qb with 4 points going into the 4th. I'm about to cut that guy, they suck
Early on a guy kept offering me Devonte Freeman for Robinson, and I kept rejecting it. Now I'm not sure I can get anything for him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote