Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(09-11-2016, 01:37 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Never be amazed at lack of qbs taken in the first, they don't go there at all, typically. GO BENGALS is absolutely right. I make it a point to have stakes in Bengals every year. 

I was picking off this list that would add names as it went...others must have been picking off a different list that showed more names....The good RB's went fast and the top TE's....Still, it's a passing NFL.....I was determined to get a top QB and 2 top WRs and I did....Getting Dalton as my back-up QB, a top kicker, and the Seattle defense was icing on the cake....I went in thinking that if the RBs go, I'll grab our Bengals RBs Hill and Bernard and I did.  I don't feel I got shut out on RBs at all because I look for rushing and receiving TDs from our RBs this year.  I like that I doubled down on both of them. ....If I can get the Bengals D and TE-Rodgers and WR-Ginn that I picked right after the draft approved as free agent switches, I'll be very happy. ....Somebody grabbed Eifert and his name was never on the list I was looking at. I was willing to wait for his return from injury. ....If same somebody drops him because he is injured, I'll swoop in and claim him. ...I did play Fantasy Baseball this year and I watch who people drop pretty close. My 3 teams are all in the play-off picture because I refused to quit and kept banging that free agent wire. I found out how many points pitching gives you. My best team is 16-7 and best team in points in all 3 leagues I'm in, and somebody just dropped Washington pitching staff which I was all over. That team should stay in first to the end. .....I would think QBs and WRs put up a lot of points, and a good kicker. I'm thinking that just like getting Washington pitching, getting Seattle defense in NFL could pay off huge. I want the Bengals D also though. Atkins and Dunlap and company get sacks and turnovers. I'm surprised they were there after this league draft. I hope my post draft moves get approved and hit my team Wednesday. If not, I have a Plan C to go to, and I wouldn't mind grabbing Boyd who most NFL may not know about---YET.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Need some advice for my week 2 lineup

At WR I am torn between John Brown coming off a horrible week one where he only played 35 snaps and got 8 yards. Between his concussion in preseason and palmers less than stellar outing I'm tempted to let him sit until he produces. At the same time don't want to miss out on a big game from him if it's coming this week vs Tampa

Other option is Vincent Jackson who also struggled but got several targets. Should have more this week with Evans likely to be shadowed by Peterson all day.

Then my RB position is a crapshoot. I need 2 starters and have 3 to choose from. I only have 2 good ones, Rawls and Hill. Rawls is still expected to be backup this week while returning to form, and they're playing the Rams who usually are pretty stout against the run yardage wise. (Wilson being banged up could increase Rawls value tho) Hill and the bengals struggle vs Pitt to run and I don't think he's ever scored a Td against them. My only other option is white the pass catching back for the pats going against Miami in what should be a more favorable matchup than the other two have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 06:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Need some advice for my week 2 lineup

At WR I am torn between John Brown coming off a horrible week one where he only played 35 snaps and got 8 yards. Between his concussion in preseason and palmers less than stellar outing I'm tempted to let him sit until he produces. At the same time don't want to miss out on a big game from him if it's coming this week vs Tampa

Other option is Vincent Jackson who also struggled but got several targets. Should have more this week with Evans likely to be shadowed by Peterson all day.

Then my RB position is a crapshoot. I need 2 starters and have 3 to choose from. I only have 2 good ones, Rawls and Hill. Rawls is still expected to be backup this week while returning to form, and they're playing the Rams who usually are pretty stout against the run yardage wise. (Wilson being banged up could increase Rawls value tho) Hill and the bengals struggle vs Pitt to run and I don't think he's ever scored a Td against them. My only other option is white the pass catching back for the pats going against Miami in what should be a more favorable matchup than the other two have.
I am in the same boat as you with John Brown.  I am going to roll the dice and start him again as I really have nothing much behind him.  We're in a FLEX league, and that's where he's going.  I realize he's feast or famine, I just hope it's FEAST this week.  And fwiw, you're RB woes don't look promising.  I am stumped there.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

I'd go with John Brown over Jackson just because I like his team more and him as a player. I think Arians might be looking to get him more involved after being really hnhappy with the outing against the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 07:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'd go with John Brown over Jackson just because I like his team more and him as a player. I think Arians might be looking to get him more involved after being really hnhappy with the outing against the Pats.

You're making me tingly.
Reply/Quote

Ok so Rawls is starting again according to Pete Carroll so I think I'll go with him. 
Now just need to decide on Hill vs White. I'll choose wrong either way lol
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ok so Rawls is starting again according to Pete Carroll so I think I'll go with him. 

Are you starting Brown?  I'd feel better if you told me you are.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
Finally my after draft moves went into action today on Wednesday...My attempt to get WR-Fuller was denied as somebody else grabbed him....but huge adjustments made. I added Bengals Defense, WR- Ted Ginn, TE- Richard Rodgers and RB Jalen Richard. ....So my first week ever in Fantasy Football will be QB-Russell Wilson, WR- Brandon Marshall, WR- Larry Fitzgerald, WR- Jordan Matthews, TE- Richard Rodgers, RB- JEREMY HILL, RB- GIOVANI BERNARD. K- Justin Tucker and Seattle Defense. ...on my bench is QB- ANDY DALTON, WR- Ted Ginn, TE- Zach Miller, RB- Jalen Richard and BENGALS DEFENSE. .....First Time Ever...Mostly I want BENGALS TO BEAT STEELERS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're making me tingly.

Keep your tingles to yourself. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 10:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Are you starting Brown?  I'd feel better if you told me you are.   Nervous

Idk still undecided on that one too. Was originally leaning towards Jackson but keep over thinking it..ill probably swap them out 10 times between now and game time lol
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ok so Rawls is starting again according to Pete Carroll so I think I'll go with him. 

Hill and it isn't even close in my opinion.  I'm sitting hill for McCoy Melvin and Blount, but I would not over white. 

Hill has at least a good opportunity to get a rush TD if they get near the goalline
Reply/Quote
Trying to trade Jarvis Landry/Jeremy Maclin (each, not both) for Doug Baldwin in both my leagues. Thoughts? Baldwin looks like the focus of that offense to me and he always looks open.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:30 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Trying to trade Jarvis Landry/Jeremy Maclin (each, not both) for Doug Baldwin in both my leagues. Thoughts? Baldwin looks like the focus of that offense to me and he always looks open.

I think I'd keep Maclin over Baldwin but that's just me. If you wait a week or 2 Baldwins value may go down depending on how banged up Wilson is. 
Reply/Quote
I probably would not have watched Thursday Jets/ Bills game....but because I am now in Fantasy Football and I have a Jets player I did watch it and it was a good game. Better than what was on the other channels. .....So I see that as an upside to this....some motivation to watch games besides my Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hilton or Yeldon in a PPR league?

Any other week this would be a no-brainer but Hilton is going against Denver and Yeldon is taking over for Ivory against SD. I could see a lot of passes to Yeldon out of the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 11:21 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hilton or Yeldon in a PPR league?

Any other week this would be a no-brainer but Hilton is going against Denver and Yeldon is taking over for Ivory against SD. I could see a lot of passes to Yeldon out of the backfield.

I'd go Yeldon here. I believe Ivory will be out again, so now is the time to get him in your lineup. Look at what Ware did vs SD last week. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'd go Yeldon here. I believe Ivory will be out again, so now is the time to get him in your lineup. Look at what Ware did vs SD last week. 

^This

Totally agree yeldon is who I'd start too
Reply/Quote
I'm so glad I do not have any Steelers.....I can't imagine watching Bengals play Steelers today and rooting for some Steeler player to have a big day...I also have no Browns......I do have Ravens kicker Tucker, but if Bengals hold Ravens to just field goals, Bengals should win. ....Still, I might trade or dump him to get all AFC North Rivals the heck off my team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 11:21 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hilton or Yeldon in a PPR league?

Sorry...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sorry...

No apologies needed Yeldon got 11 points and Hilton got 8 or 9. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote