Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cuts and 2019 Roster
(08-28-2019, 04:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: The weird part is Hart has actually improved this preseason. He had one whiff in the first game but since then zip. To be honest Glenn also looked better before the concussion and Hopkins has looked better too. Makes me ask what they did scheme or coaching wise that is helping.

I read something in the off season, and forget where, but it said that when the team signed Hart no one in the front office expected him to earn a starting a job last season. He certainly was better last year than he was with the Giants. Now he improves some more. That's good for us.

The interior line is also improving. Boling played injured and had a down year, then there was Redmond on the other side. It will be a new starting 3 in the middle. That's gotta help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Weird how the Patriots just gave up two low draft picks and improved their offensive
line. Man what a strange concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Weird how the Patriots just gave up two low draft picks and improved their offensive
line. Man what a strange concept.

I mean your simply making an assumption because it's the Patriots they improved. Over the last couple years they have shipped out a boatload of late round picks for guys that never panned out, some even getting cut midway through the season they traded for them.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 08:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean your simply making an assumption because it's the Patriots they improved. Over the last couple years they have shipped out a boatload of late round picks for guys that never panned out, some even getting cut midway through the season they traded for them.

Some have panned out and some haven’t but at least they tried to remedy their weaknesses. And a majority of those guys had experience and maybe were log jammed in a position but weren’t just UDFA’s. I don’t see a big deal shipping a 6th rounder off for a guy who may not pan out but there’s viable tape on him.

Reply/Quote
Today and tomorrow by 4 p.m. is final cut down. As you hear of our cuts or other teams place them in this thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045753/article/roundup-jags-releasing-terrelle-pryor-datone-jones

Above is Pryor cut again, no big surprise
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I posted this in the wrong thread.

Today and tomorrow by 4 p.m. is final cut down. As you hear of our cuts or other teams place them in this thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045753/article/roundup-jags-releasing-terrelle-pryor-datone-jones

Above is Pryor cut again, no big surprise

Saivion Smith should have stayed in school. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals follow previous years actions, their cuts won't be announced until tomorrow but I hear its "a new dey" so who knows if they will do that this year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The patriots just traded for Bodine, can we slow down in acting like they are just out here making their roster great with these trades?
Reply/Quote
Russell Bodine is now a Patriot via trade from the Bills for a 2020 6th round pick

Reply/Quote
LB Brandon Marshall has been released by the Raiders. He was supposedly on the Bengals radar during free agency

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mills has been that bad huh Truck? If so, I would go with someone else.

Mills was released with an injury settlement from the Dolphins.  Weather or not he is any good is of little consequence, as it seems like he's injured bad enough to get a settlement from the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: The patriots just traded for Bodine, can we slow down in acting like they are just out here making their roster great with these trades?

That is 3rd OL they have traded for once they learned Andrews (center) is likely gone for the year and maybe career with blood clots in his lungs.

They also traded away a CB so as normal, BB is busy

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:32 PM)pally Wrote: If the Bengals follow previous years actions, their cuts won't be announced until tomorrow but I hear its "a new dey" so who knows if they will do that this year

Formal announcements yes, but players often tweet out info if they are cut/traded

Reply/Quote
Here's a good place to track cuts:
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-cuts-tracker-2019-live-roster-news-updates-notable-cuts/2q8gxf8bny0v16lj4nhpx7vwt

Former Bengal great Bene Benwikere has been cut.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: The patriots just traded for Bodine, can we slow down in acting like they are just out here making their roster great with these trades?

I read many posts calling Bodine garbage, Has BB lost his mind? 

Does he not heed advice from the Bengals board? Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read many posts calling Bodine garbage, Has BB lost his mind? 

Does he not heed advice from the Bengals board? Sarcasm

or he's desperate enough for a center that he is trading for one that was on the borderline of making his original team.  Bodine may be a lousy center but he may also be the best one available. Bills fans are in shock that someone traded for him

Reply/Quote
Patriots acknowledging their weakness is the offensive line and making moves to strengthen it.

That's odd its like they want to win or something.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is 3rd OL they have traded for once they learned Andrews (center) is likely gone for the year and maybe career with blood clots in his lungs.

They also traded away a CB so as normal, BB is busy

He’s always busy this time of year and over the last three years has missed more than he hits...by a lot. It’s the Patriots so they always get a pass. They just cut their second rounder from last year, but everyone wants to act like he in infallible.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:54 PM)pally Wrote: or he's desperate enough for a center that he is trading for one that was on the borderline of making his original team.  Bodine may be a lousy center but he may also be the best one available.  Bills fans are in shock that someone traded for him

Bill loses a 6th or 7th rounder if Bodine ends up being Bodine for New England. I dont think that will keep Belichick up at night.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s always busy this time of year and over the last three years has missed more than he hits...by a lot. It’s the Patriots so they always get a pass. They just cut their second rounder from last year, but everyone wants to act like he in infallible.

well winning 6 Super Bowls, appearing in 4 of the last 5,  winning 3 of those gives him an awful lot of benefit of the doubt

Reply/Quote