Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally -- A place to discuss Bengals football intelligently
As I discussed with a staff member in another thread, I am new to your forum. My previous home for Bengals discussion was a Bengals group on Facebook, as well as the Bengals Facebook page.

I don't know how many of you have ever attempted to have real football discussions on Facebook, but it's incredibly difficult for a wide variety of reasons, and the lack of any actual depth of conversation led me to look for a new arena to discuss Bengals football.

I decided to join this forum as it was the highest ranked on a Google search and seemed to be much more active than any other Bengals message board. I must say that I'm enjoying myself tremendously thus far. In reading through the different threads, I've already found it to be a far superior exchange of thoughts and opinions than I ever encountered on Facebook.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having many good conversations. While I can be a bit opinionated at times, I always try to be as fair and respectful as I can.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard, from one sucker for punishment to another.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So are you going to tell us where you found a place to talk about bengals football intellingently or keep us in suspense?
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard!

A lot of posters on here migrated from the Bengals official website's board when it was abruptly shutdown.

This is a big family here that always welcomes newcomers.

We'd like this to not only be the best place to discuss Bengals football but also keep growing as well.

You'll find all types of opinions on here and some really great posters that compile stats and knowledge about everything.

Facebook is such a sad place. Random comments and rants. People come and go without much discussion there.

That is the place Denny from Bengals.com told us to go. We told him he could go there and we'd go elsewhere.

He basically told us we'd come running with our tails between our legs when this board failed.

Guess not!! Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: So are you going to tell us where you found a place to talk about bengals football intellingently or keep us in suspense?

Come on now! You can get intelligent conversation here as long as it’s after a 50-0 Bengals win... could definitely happen someday. Maybe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Come on now! You can get intelligent conversation here as long as it’s after a 50-0 Bengals win... could definitely happen someday. Maybe.

Probably will in a gameday thread Mellow  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Facebook is full of Steelers fans who think Heath Miller is still on the team, and Bengals fans who couldn't name more than 3-4 players on the entire roster. I used to think I was alone in my obsession, til I found this group. Now I know that there are at least a couple hundred other masochists on the planet (and some homers who only see rainbows).

Welcome aboard. :andy:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Facebook is full of Steelers fans who think Heath Miller is still on the team, and Bengals fans who couldn't name more than 3-4 players on the entire roster. I used to think I was alone in my obsession, til I found this group. Now I know that there are at least a couple hundred other masochists on the planet (and some homers who only see rainbows).

Welcome aboard.  :andy:

Thank you -- and everyone -- for the warm welcome!

Speaking of players on rosters -- Facebook can be unusually frustrating because you can often find yourself trying to converse with someone who is very fiery and forceful about their opinions, yet has no clue about 70% of the players who are actually on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the best damn Bengals board around! Seriously, I really enjoy this place. I enjoy the different views you'll come across here.

As for intelligent conversation on Facebook, that shit doesn't happen on any topic. Ever. Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:20 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Thank you -- and everyone -- for the warm welcome!

Speaking of players on rosters -- Facebook can be unusually frustrating because you can often find yourself trying to converse with someone who is very fiery and forceful about their opinions, yet has no clue about 70% of the players who are actually on the roster.

Welcome aboard. This is a great board. As for FB Bengal threads, can’t believe the amount of “replace Dalton” crap I seen immediately following the game. I spend about 1-2hrs a day on this site and about 5 minutes on FB a day. Can’t stand that site.

Reply/Quote
Welcome!

This board as BengalsRocker mentioned is the spiritual successor to the Bengals.com message boards. And while sometimes we may sound jaded this place also has a lot of in depth analysis of players, coaches and schemes.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the board brother!  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:20 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Thank you -- and everyone -- for the warm welcome!

You're not kidding, I seem to get "added" to every Bengals FB group that pops up, and they all turn out to be just the same.  You found the right place, some of us have been talking together on the original board or this one, for over 10 years together.

Now, to really test your mettle, answer me this one question.  Is John Ross going to go down in history as a major bust, or is he the next perennial Pro-Bowler waiting to break out?  (no pressure, the only thing riding on your answer is how we'll view you, for eternity)   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 08:53 PM)Lucidus Wrote: As I discussed with a staff member in another thread, I am new to your forum. My previous home for Bengals discussion was a Bengals group on Facebook, as well as the Bengals Facebook page.

I don't know how many of you have ever attempted to have real football discussions on Facebook, but it's incredibly difficult for a wide variety of reasons, and the lack of any actual depth of conversation led me to look for a new arena to discuss Bengals football.

I decided to join this forum as it was the highest ranked on a Google search and seemed to be much more active than any other Bengals message board. I must say that I'm enjoying myself tremendously thus far. In reading through the different threads, I've already found it to be a far superior exchange of thoughts and opinions than I ever encountered on Facebook.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having many good conversations. While I can be a bit opinionated at times, I always try to be as fair and respectful as I can.

Welcome!

And, Facebook sucks donkey dongs.

Reply/Quote
I own a fb group :) but i look on all forums
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: So are you going to tell us where you found a place to talk about bengals football intellingently or keep us in suspense?

Well done!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Probably will in a gameday thread Mellow  

Yeah, Lucidus, I'll give you a couple of general rules, as this isn't the most, "perfect," place and we wouldn't want it any other way:

- Stay out of the Gameday threads; even if the Bengals are indeed winning, 50-0; it is easily the most devolved and ludicrous part of these boards.
- Be wary of a few posters for certain reasons:
- Fredtoast: Fred's awesome, but he's... different and while providing a ton of invaluable stats and knowledge, he's staunch in his fandom
and will take his opinion to the grave, normally; the debate never ends with him lol.
- fortyyearfan: Seems like a nice guy, but sentence structure and paragraphs are not his thing; best to ignore him if he starts ranting.
- grampahol & kevin: Our resident grandfathers lol. Both are fun guys to post with, but they have tendencies to ramble and go off the
deep end with some things; if you see something random or that doesn't make sense, don't worry about it lol.

There are a multitude of personalities and different people on here, from all different walks of life; you'll learn our quirks and tendencies, as time goes on (I could write a little blurb about EVERYONE on here). For example, I talk way too much, generally.

The posters above, nothing wrong with them at all, I just find that they can be misunderstood at times and don't wish for anyone to, "inadvertently start a war." (quoted from Independence Day, sans the words Interstellar).

Enjoy the tab that I haven't closed on my browser since April 2009! (aside from a month in 2016 and last year).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Welcome fellow masochist...just kidding! You have found the best Bengal's Board ever, including posters from the original NFL one that spawned this one! Here you'll find a true variety of diverse opinions, and a ton of great information. But, with very few exceptions although we may disagree on many topics, you've found the board that has the most knowledgeable fans who truly love these Bengals! Welcome to the best Bengal Board EVER! Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Facebook is full of Steelers fans who think Heath Miller is still on the team, and Bengals fans who couldn't name more than 3-4 players on the entire roster. I used to think I was alone in my obsession, til I found this group. Now I know that there are at least a couple hundred other masochists on the planet (and some homers who only see rainbows).

Welcome aboard.  :andy:

You won't be laughing when I find a pot of gold mofo lol.

Welcome New Guy. We discuss football all year around. The Draft forum is huge early offseason...after that well you'll see...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote