Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
(10-20-2019, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You don’t know that.  Ryan Finley has never played against any first team defense in the NFL.  He may stink worse than Andy Dalton but it’s time we find out.

For every great back up that makes it big, there are 50 Nathan Petermans.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have to disagree. At 0-7, the season is already in the crapper, so what better time to take an extended look at your young QB's? Of course it's not an "ideal" situation for any QB with how this team is playing, but that the exact reason it allows you the opportunity to sit your starter in order to see how the others perform. 

Like I said in another thread...if they go into the break 0-8, there's no reason to see Dalton again this season.

It's not that's it's not an ideal situation it is the fact that it is unfair situation for him. How is the kid going to succeed here? Please answer that I'm dying to know.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. Because Andy Dalton is Superman and he's the only guy in the world that can play behind this line.

Even though he's 0-7 and looks like moldy shit on a stick.  Mellow

He gives us the best chance. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He gives us the best chance. 

...to secure the #1 overall pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have to disagree. At 0-7, the season is already in the crapper, so what better time to take an extended look at your young QB's? Of course it's not an "ideal" situation for any QB with how this team is playing, but that the exact reason it allows you the opportunity to sit your starter in order to see how the others perform. 

Like I said in another thread...if they go into the break 0-8, there's no reason to see Dalton again this season.

I agree. I just doubt they'll do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's not that's it's not an ideal situation it is the fact that it is unfair situation for him. How is the kid going to succeed here? Please answer that I'm dying to know.

How do you know what he can or can't do until you actually give him a shot? 

If Andy and the team are playing well, then Finley doesn't see the field. It's only in a situation like this, where the team is a complete mess (or in case of an injury) that a backup ever gets an extended look. That time is quickly approaching for this team.

Is it really better to keep running Andy out there week after week in this mess - when he's not playing well either, and run the risk of getting him injured or getting the snot beat out of him for the rest of the season? 

It seems like the perfect time to see if Finley can bring something different to the table. See how tough the kid is. See how he deals with adversity. See how he performs under pressure. How else will you ever know what you have or don't have in him?
Reply/Quote
Why does everyone think it has to be one or the other? Dalton is going to be replaced but the Bengsls are not going to be a competitive team with the offensive line playing like it has been.

Teams dont have to stack the box to completely shut down the running game. They dont have to bring extra guys to create pressure...The entire offense is a shit show.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...to secure the #1 overall pick.

Agreed. Finley can’t possibly look much worse than Dalton has recently. There’s really not much else to lose by benching Dalton
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 9g7uq7awmyr01.jpg]

What does "fair" have to do with anything? When your QB sucks massive ass, you replace him. It doesn't take anymore thought than that. 

Literally every other team understands that. Just like we stayed with Marvin too long, we’ve now done the same with Dalton. Enough is enough already.

Reply/Quote
2 yards rushing by the RBs....2 on 14 carries.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's not that's it's not an ideal situation it is the fact that it is unfair situation for him. How is the kid going to succeed here? Please answer that I'm dying to know.

He’s a 4th round pick, if he doesn’t succeed so be it. But what if he looks halfway decent? Maybe we can use that #1 or 2 pick for a game changing DE or something else. Point is we need to know what we have in Finley. He flashed just enough in the preseason to make you wonder.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:39 PM)Synric Wrote: 2 yards rushing by the RBs....2 on 14 carries.

That doesn’t excuse poor QB play.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How do you know what he can or can't do until you actually give him a shot? 

If Andy and the team are playing well, then Finley doesn't see the field. It's only in a situation like this, where the team is a complete mess (or in case of an injury) that a backup ever gets an extended look. That time is quickly approaching for this team.

Is it really better to keep running Andy out there week after week in this mess - when he's not playing well either, and run the risk of getting him injured or getting the snot beat out of him for the rest of the season? 

It seems like the perfect time to see if Finley can bring something different to the table. See how tough the kid is. See how he deals with adversity. See how he performs under pressure. How else will you ever know what you have or don't have in him?

Here's the broken part of the logic they keep touting about Dalton.

We can't run the rookie QB out there cause he'll get killed. Dalton has little to no ability to move in the pocket and hasn't been killed.

Backup QB has shown ability to move in the pocket. But he'll get killed ????

Finley's not the answer. 

If they're so sure Finley isn't the answer why are they afraid he's gonna get killed ???

Are we suddenly gonna start having a bad season if Finley goes out there and flops ???
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:39 PM)Synric Wrote: 2 yards rushing by the RBs....2 on 14 carries.

Throwing the pick 6 int. to an area where there wasn't even a receiver was on the RB's damn them !

Throwing the int. couple plays later was on RB's aw well. Then the next series he damn near threw another out route int. again on the RB's  Ninja

You know it is possible for Dalton to also be part of the problem........I think  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That doesn’t excuse poor QB play.

It's not one or the other...

You are not going to be a successful team if the line does not make lanes for the running back or give a QB a chance to check down or make a second read.

Defenses dont have to stack the box and pull people out of coverage to stop the Bengals run game. Defenses do no have to bring extra guys to create pressure. Dalton has been making one pre snap read and getting the ball out that has been the offense all year and no way is that going to be successful.

Reply/Quote
Forget Finley. Dolegala, Dolegala, Dolegala!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a 4th round pick, if he doesn’t succeed so be it. But what if he looks halfway decent? Maybe we can use that #1 or 2 pick for a game changing DE or something else. Point is we need to know what we have in Finley. He flashed just enough in the preseason to make you wonder.

He won't look decent because he is in a hopeless situation that's the point.  How are you supposed to evaluate a QB in that position?
Now in December when/if AJ, Williams, Glenn, and Ross are all back sure give him a chance but until then let's not ruin another QB for shits and Giggles.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He won't look decent because he is in a hopeless situation that's the point.  How are you supposed to evaluate a QB in that position?
Now in December when/if AJ, Williams, Glenn, and Ross are all back sure give him a chance but until then let's not ruin another QB for shits and Giggles.

Maybe...just maybe...a QB can elevate the play of those around him. The running game is crappy but protection has been pretty good lately. Maybe...just maybe...a QB making plays in the passing game can open up the running game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe...just maybe...a QB can elevate the play of those around him. The running game is crappy but protection has been pretty good lately. Maybe...just maybe...a QB making plays in the passing game can open up the running game.

No way man

We can't apply sound logic around here.  Ninja
Reply/Quote

This could be a result of the non-existent passing threat that our offense brings to the table. Dalton needs to be benched. He was horrible today and at 0-7 why not see if Finley can spark the offense?
Reply/Quote