Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
(10-19-2019, 02:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think Andy Dalton will be on an airplane to another NFL city before October 30th.  Mike Brown might be “football dumb” but he isn’t “business dumb” and he understands Andy’s trade value is only dropping further with each loss.  Lots of teams need serviceable quarterbacks this year because their number one guy has gone down.  Behind Kansas City’s offensive line he could do some serious damage to their opponents.

I think there is plenty of evidence to support the assertion that an owner of an NFL team with so little interest in putting a winning team on the field is indeed business dumb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hope today is Daltons last game under center and we give Finley a chance. Dalton isnt the guy he's to scared he isnt a leader, and he doesnt know how to move in the pocket. He also has ZERO touch on his throws.
Reply/Quote
In practice, I can't tell if it's the offense or defense's fault for lack of preparing the other side for any real NFL team, since we are basically worst in both.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think there is plenty of evidence to support the assertion that an owner of an NFL team with so little interest in putting a winning team on the field is indeed business dumb.

Yep

I've never agreed with the narrative that MB is a "business genius". MB has never even slightly attempted to build the brand. If he had a real business head on his shoulders he would have figured out decades ago, you have to spend money to make money. 

MB is only saved by his big fat NFL profit sharing check every season.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 10:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Probably because a little over three years ago, all of the Dalton hating crybabies got what they wanted . . . McCarron at QB and he promptly went 2-2 with the same team that went 10-3 with Dalton.

The Bengals went 10-2 in games Dalton finished.

The Bengals went 2-3 in games McCarron finished.

How do their playoff stats stack up?

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How do their playoff stats stack up?

You can't compare what McCarroin did with that incredible '15 tram to what Dalton did with inferior talent at playoff time.

It is sad watching people still trying to defend their infatuation with Mccarron
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't compare what McCarroin did with that incredible '15 tram to what Dalton did with inferior talent at playoff time.

It is sad watching people still trying to defend their infatuation with Mccarron

Not one bit sadder that those constantly trying to defend Andy by bringing up one partial year in a 9 year career. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one bit sadder that those constantly trying to defend Andy by bringing up one partial year in a 9 year career. 

No sadder than trying to act like 2015 never happened.

That is why most people mention his multiple Pro bowl seasons and other career accomplishments.
Reply/Quote
McCarron almost gave us a playoff win. Andy can't even put an "almost won" to any of his playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: McCarron almost gave us a playoff win. Andy can't even put an "almost won" to any of his playoff games.

McCarron was a scrub who Dalton haters should be embarrassed to admit they praised so highly.  We would not even have made the playoffs with McCarron as our QB for that '15 season.  Even with all the talent on that roster he could not beat any team that finished better than 5-11.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: McCarron almost gave us a playoff win. Andy can't even put an "almost won" to any of his playoff games.

I feel like we almost won that game despite McCarron. The team did nothing for 3 quarters...

It was reminiscent of some of the 'moral victories' this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we almost won that game despite McCarron. The team did nothing for 3 quarters...

It was reminiscent of some of the 'moral victories' this year.

He’s tied with Andy Dalton in playoff TD passes lol

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 12:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is McCarron still on this team?

Is any QB that comes in this year going to produce equal to what McCarron did in '15?

If the answer to the previous 2 questions is "no", then you're premise is a complete fail. 

Did you realize that my post was a response to someone else's time frame?

If your answer is "No" then you should read more and reply less.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron was a scrub who Dalton haters should be embarrassed to admit they praised so highly.  We would not even have made the playoffs with McCarron as our QB for that '15 season.  Even with all the talent on that roster he could not beat any team that finished better than 5-11.

Not as embarrassing as still having Dalton as our starting QB. That’s generally what the Bengals get made fun of the most for by non-Bengals fans.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't compare what McCarroin did with that incredible '15 tram to what Dalton did with inferior talent at playoff time.

Yeah, our 13 team really sucked lol

You’re ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not as embarrassing as still having Dalton as our starting QB. That’s generally what the Bengals get made fun of the most for by non-Bengals fans.

I wonder if Alabama's playoff chances just went way down ? Did their RG get hurt or something ? 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:21 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Did you realize that my post was a response to someone else's time frame?

If your answer is "No" then you should read more and reply less.

My answer was yes, go i guess i'm allowed to reply. 

You were confirming that the thinking is valid because of what McCarron did 4 seasons ago. 

Every QB, in different situations, isn't going to perform how McCarron did in that year. Whoever comes in may play better or they may play worse, but that line of thinking--McCarron was average where Dalton was well above, therefore, you will get the same results now--is not valid this year, with these players. Or anywhere at any time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No sadder than trying to act like 2015 never happened.

Oh look...it's more made up Fred "logic". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not as embarrassing as still having Dalton as our starting QB. That’s generally what the Bengals get made fun of the most for by non-Bengals fans.

I've witnessed this a lot first hand, specially the last 3 yrs.  :andy:  
Reply/Quote
Today’s game wasn’t all on Dalton (no run game and Boyd dropped about 5 passes he should have caught) but I’m ready to see Dolegala. Finley to me is Dalton 2.0 a little better runner and maybe better pocket presence, but let’s try out Roethlesberger 2.0 (hopefully without the character concerns). I love his arm and size. Let’s see if we can catch lightning in a bottle with the undrafted kid with tons of upside. Finely may help us win a couple of games but if we’re hoping to get lucky and find our next franchise QB let’s try out Dolegala.
Reply/Quote