Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
I'd like to see Finley just to see what we've got. the worst he can do is lose, so there's no real danger. And no matter how you feel about Andy, were going to have be be looking at somebody sooner than later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
God I hope ..I pray every night before I go to bed that we bench Andy and we move on. No matter if Finley doesnt do well or not let's just move on from Andy. I know one thing Finley has that andy doesnt and that is the ability to move in the pocket and stay CALM.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: God I hope ..I pray every night before I go to bed that we bench Andy and we move on. No matter if Finley doesnt do well or not let's just move on from Andy. I know one thing Finley has that andy doesnt and that is the ability to move in the pocket and stay CALM.

You don’t know that. Ryan Finley has never played against any first team defense in the NFL. He may stink worse than Andy Dalton but it’s time we find out.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:18 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd like to see Finley just to see what we've got. the worst he can do is lose, so there's no real danger. And no matter how you feel about Andy, were going to have be be looking at somebody sooner than later.

Got to do something. Dalton is rattled. The last 3 games the line has actually pass blocked decent and he looks like 6 guys are running free on him.

He made a lot of throws not even close.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You don’t know that.  Ryan Finley has never played against any first team defense in the NFL.  He may stink worse than Andy Dalton but it’s time we find out.

Absolutely possible. We've seen how preseason success doesn't carry over.
Reply/Quote
Bengals front office won't allow Taylor to bench him, assuming that Taylor even would. Maybe they will prove me wrong, not that it matters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No sadder than trying to act like 2015 never happened.

That is why most people mention his multiple Pro bowl seasons and other career accomplishments.

WTH, is pretending 2015 never happened. 

Also, Andy has never been voted to the Pro Bowl so imagine how sad those folks are that point to his multiple Pro Bowl seasons. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That loss goes right to Dalton....thx for the ints. Time for Finley.
Reply/Quote
3 picks on 5 pass plays. And that’s 2 picks on 3 pass plays. In the fourth quarter of a winnable game.

Bench him. Nothing to lose and no excuses not to
Reply/Quote
Dalton knows himself knows he's not he once was.all players have a shelf life.
This is on Tobin for not finding Daltons successor.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 3 picks on 5 pass plays. And that’s 2 picks on 3 pass plays. In the fourth quarter of a winnable game.

Bench him. Nothing to lose and no excuses not to

Mayor of choke city.

At least in the "glory days" he had an elite defense and a lot of really good weapons to bail him out and not allow him to fail on such a massive scale. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Come on ZT... Let Dalton look terrible versus your old team then get Finley prepped during the bye week. Keeping Dalton in there does absolutely no good at all!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's fair to the team or Finley to put him in this situation right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think it's fair to the team or Finley to put him in this situation right now.

[Image: 9g7uq7awmyr01.jpg]

What does "fair" have to do with anything? When your QB sucks massive ass, you replace him. It doesn't take anymore thought than that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If our backup were some journeyman I wouldn’t care, but since we have a draft pick I wouldn’t mind seeing if he has potential for the future.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'd like to know if Miami would trade us anything for Andy before the deadline.

If they are serious about earning that #1 pick it's their best chance, Fitzpatrick might mess up and win 1-2 games.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think it's fair to the team or Finley to put him in this situation right now.

I have to disagree. At 0-7, the season is already in the crapper, so what better time to take an extended look at your young QB's? Of course it's not an "ideal" situation for any QB with how this team is playing, but that the exact reason it allows you the opportunity to sit your starter in order to see how the others perform. 

Like I said in another thread...if they go into the break 0-8, there's no reason to see Dalton again this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 9g7uq7awmyr01.jpg]

What does "fair" have to do with anything? When your QB sucks massive ass, you replace him. It doesn't take anymore thought than that. 
Ok throw a rookie QB out there with no running game,  no pass blocking, no speed at WR, and No Defense,and expect different results.
You're going to get the kid killed and put him in an unfair position to succeed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ok throw a rookie QB out there 

Sounds like a good plan to me!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ok throw a rookie QB out there with no running game,  no pass blocking, no speed at WR, and No Defense,and expect different results.
You're going to get the kid killed and put him in an unfair position to succeed.

Right. Because Andy Dalton is Superman and he's the only guy in the world that can play behind this line.

Even though he's 0-7 and looks like moldy shit on a stick.  Mellow

Reply/Quote