Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco
Been pretty quiet this last month.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 02:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Been pretty quiet this last month.
He's got a unibrow.

That's all I got right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Nothing to talk about, really. He's still has less yards and is ranked lower than Dalton (26th  Shocked )

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nothing to talk about, really. He's still has less yards and is ranked lower than Dalton (26th  Shocked )

I guess it's hard to blame losses on him when the defense isn't blowing leads anymore. 

Reply/Quote

I'm sure we'll have something to talk about by Sunday evening.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton > Joe Flacco

One fluke postseason (which he wouldn't have had playing for Marvin Lewis) doesn't change this fact.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 12:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Andy Dalton > Joe Flacco

One fluke postseason (which he wouldn't have had playing for Marvin Lewis) doesn't change this fact.

One fluke post season?

From his 3rd season on, he is 7-3 in the playoffs with an average QB rating of 110.39, 24 TDs, 6 picks, 8 of those games on the road. 

You can't blame Marvin Lewis for the fact that your boy Andy is the worst playoff QB in the last 5 years. He chokes in the playoffs. Thump your chest for those regular season stats, they're meaningless when your back up QB plays better than your starter when it matters.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 10:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One fluke post season?

From his 3rd season on, he is 7-3 in the playoffs with an average QB rating of 110.39, 24 TDs, 6 picks, 8 of those games on the road. 

You can't blame Marvin Lewis for the fact that your boy Andy is the worst playoff QB in the last 5 years. He chokes in the playoffs. Thump your chest for those regular season stats, they're meaningless when your back up QB plays better than your starter when it matters.

Outside of the SB run, he has a rating of 79.4 in the playoffs. 56% completions. 6.5 YPA. 10 INTs.

McCarron had a rating of 57 last year, with 3 fumbles and a pick. He wasn't any better than Dalton. Or Palmer. Or Kitna. All terrible under Marvin in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Outside of the SB run, he has a rating of 79.4 in the playoffs. 56% completions. 6.5 YPA. 10 INTs.

That makes the Super Bowl run the very definition of a fluke run lol
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Outside of the SB run, he has a rating of 79.4 in the playoffs. 56% completions. 6.5 YPA. 10 INTs.

McCarron had a rating of 57 last year, with 3 fumbles and a pick. He wasn't any better than Dalton. Or Palmer. Or Kitna. All terrible under Marvin in the playoffs.

(12-16-2016, 06:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That makes the Super Bowl run the very definition of a fluke run lol

What that statistic doesn't tell you is that his really poor performances in his rookie and sophomore years were then met with a sudden turn around from year 3 onwards.

2008-2009:  46.2 QB rating, 1 TD, 6 picks. 132 yards a game, 5.5 YPA 47.7% completion.  3-2 record
2010, 2011, 2014 (omits SB run): 95.6 rating  13 TDs, 4 picks, 237 yards a game, 7.1 YPA 61.1% completion, 3-3 record
2012 (Super Bowl Run): 117.2 Rating, 11 TDs, 0 picks, 285 yards a game, 9.0 YPA 57.9% completion, 4-0 record. 

Since 2010: 104.2 QB rating, 24 TDs, 4 picks, 256 yards a game, 7.9 YPA, 59.8% completion, 7-3 record. 

So if you want to use his rookie and sophomore year to disgust 2010,2011, and 2014 to make 2012 look like the true outlier, go ahead. You cannot deny the body of work he has since 2010, and trying to paint 2012 as being "fluke" compared to 2010-2014 is just out right wrong. But when your QB is just garbage when it matter, I see why you need to lie.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What that statistic doesn't tell you is that his really poor performances in his rookie and sophomore years were then met with a sudden turn around from year 3 onwards.

2008-2009:  46.2 QB rating, 1 TD, 6 picks. 132 yards a game, 5.5 YPA 47.7% completion.  3-2 record
2010, 2011, 2014 (omits SB run): 95.6 rating  13 TDs, 4 picks, 237 yards a game, 7.1 YPA 61.1% completion, 3-3 record
2012 (Super Bowl Run): 117.2 Rating, 11 TDs, 0 picks, 285 yards a game, 9.0 YPA 57.9% completion, 4-0 record. 

Since 2010: 104.2 QB rating, 24 TDs, 4 picks, 256 yards a game, 7.9 YPA, 59.8% completion, 7-3 record. 

So if you want to use his rookie and sophomore year to disgust 2010,2011, and 2014 to make 2012 look like the true outlier, go ahead. You cannot deny the body of work he has since 2010, and trying to paint 2012 as being "fluke" compared to 2010-2014 is just out right wrong. But when your QB is just garbage when it matter, I see why you need to lie.

Yeah if you're going to eliminate Flacco's first five playoff games because they were horrific, isn't it a tad hypocritical to rip Dalton for being abysmal in his first 4 playoff games? Who knows...maybe Dalton has a similar miraculous turnaround. If he gets a different HC who isn't playoff kryptonite, it's very possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah if you're going to eliminate Flacco's first five playoff games because they were horrific, isn't it a tad hypocritical to rip Dalton for being abysmal in his first 4 playoff games? Who knows...maybe Dalton has a similar miraculous turnaround. If he gets a different HC who isn't playoff kryptonite, it's very possible.

lol, I remember this argument: Flacco took 5 games to get good in the playoffs, give Dalton 5 games to get good. I'm not arguing for 5 games, I'm saying he started to progress in his 3rd year. 

But, let's run with your argument and ignore the fact that you're arguing that more development occurs over the course of a playoff game than over a whole season. You're saying that we have to wait until at least Dalton's 7th year in the league (since you guys are out of the playoff hunt) for him to play in his 6th playoff game before we can then compare him to Flacco during his 3rd year?

For your sake, I really hope Dalton in year 7 (or later) is as good as Flacco's 115 QB rating performance on the road in KC during his 3rd year. 

Reply/Quote
Also Flacco almost lost that game for the Ravens yesterday. Smack his stupid play not this delusion that he hasn't been great in the playoffs for the last 6 years.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, I remember this argument: Flacco took 5 games to get good in the playoffs, give Dalton 5 games to get good. I'm not arguing for 5 games, I'm saying he started to progress in his 3rd year. 

But, let's run with your argument and ignore the fact that you're arguing that more development occurs over the course of a playoff game than over a whole season. You're saying that we have to wait until at least Dalton's 7th year in the league (since you guys are out of the playoff hunt) for him to play in his 6th playoff game before we can then compare him to Flacco during his 3rd year?

For your sake, I really hope Dalton in year 7 (or later) is as good as Flacco's 115 QB rating performance on the road in KC during his 3rd year. 

Lol at you for thinking Flacco would have any playoff wins playing for Marvin Lewis. Flacco was able to play 5 playoff games in his first 2 years because the rest of the team actually showed up. They won games where Flacco had a 10.0 passer rating, and another where he went 9/23 for 135 yards. That's a benefit that's never been afforded to Andy Dalton. You don't think that early experience was beneficial to Flacco? 

...and again, Flaccid has never dealt with a HC who is 0-7 in the playoffs and like 7-24 in prime time with 4 different QBs. Let's be real. If you flipped Dalton with Flacco, Dalton would have the playoff W's while Flacco would have the same issues every QB has had with captain conservative.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also Flacco almost lost that game for the Ravens yesterday. Smack his stupid play not this delusion that he hasn't been great in the playoffs for the last 6 years.

Frankly your way-too-proud-of-himself kicker has saved the Ravens' season.

Harbaugh should kiss his rear end every day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol at you for thinking Flacco would have any playoff wins playing for Marvin Lewis. Flacco was able to play 5 playoff games in his first 2 years because the rest of the team actually showed up. They won games where Flacco had a 10.0 passer rating, and another where he went 9/23 for 135 yards. That's a benefit that's never been afforded to Andy Dalton. You don't think that early experience was beneficial to Flacco? 

...and again, Flaccid has never dealt with a HC who is 0-7 in the playoffs and like 7-24 in prime time with 4 different QBs. Let's be real. If you flipped Dalton with Flacco, Dalton would have the playoff W's while Flacco would have the same issues every QB has had with captain conservative.

You're now trying to confuse me mocking Andy Dalton's poor play for applauding Flacco's poor playing in his first two seasons and are focusing on arguing over coaching. At the very least, I need to give you credit for no longer trying to pretend like Flacco hasn't been good since 2010. 

I just can't accept that Dalton plays poorly in the playoffs because of Marvin Lewis, just as I am no longer going to blame one of Flacco's OC's for his lackluster play these last few years. What I do know is that he has been one of, if not these best, playoff QBs in the last 5-6 years, and I wouldn't want someone like Dalton in his place.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Frankly your way-too-proud-of-himself kicker has saved the Ravens' season.

Harbaugh should kiss his rear end every day.

My buddy still tries to tell me that Dan Bailey is better.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're now trying to confuse me mocking Andy Dalton's poor play for applauding Flacco's poor playing in his first two seasons and are focusing on arguing over coaching. At the very least, I need to give you credit for no longer trying to pretend like Flacco hasn't been good since 2010. 

I just can't accept that Dalton plays poorly in the playoffs because of Marvin Lewis, just as I am no longer going to blame one of Flacco's OC's for his lackluster play these last few years. What I do know is that he has been one of, if not these best, playoff QBs in the last 5-6 years, and I wouldn't want someone like Dalton in his place.

Just answer the questions.

1. Do you not feel Flacco benefited from the early experience (5 playoff games in 2 years)?

2. Do you not feel Flacco is in a better situation coaching wise?

Fwiw, yes Flacco has been better since his 3rd year, but if you look at his year to year playoff stats, the SB run was still an anomaly. He's had some solid years since, but nothing close to that level. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My buddy still tries to tell me that Dan Bailey is better.

Aren't many close to him right now.  I just hate that a kicker dances like that.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just answer the questions.

1. Do you not feel Flacco benefited from the early experience (5 playoff games in 2 years)?

2. Do you not feel Flacco is in a better situation coaching wise?

Fwiw, yes Flacco has been better since his 3rd year, but if you look at his year to year playoff stats, the SB run was still an anomaly. He's had some solid years since, but nothing close to that level. 

1. Sure, I just don't think it means as much as a whole year of growth.

2. Yes, Harbaugh is a better HC than Marv. 

If you look at his years around it, he was putting up an average of 95.5 rating and was performing well above his regular season numbers. Yea, a run where you average 117 versus 95 is a big difference, but it's hardly a fluke. He had been progressing since then. He got hot, but he had been hot for the last two post seasons.

Even in the next post season he entered, he put up like 114 against the Steelers and had a rating of 103 against the Patriots before he threw one deep to Torrey Smith at the end of the game after the D blew a 14 point lead and Smith gave up on the route and let the Pats get a pick. Flacco went into New England and put up a 14 point lead, saw the D blow it so he then put up another 14 point lead before they blew that one too.

I like Harbaugh, but I don't know how you credit this complete 180 in the playoffs on just head coaching.

Reply/Quote