17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foles vs McCarron
Bad news on the trade McCarron front.

Foles is quickly becoming the top backup QB trade option for the 2018 season. And what can you say. He's proving to anyone looking to spend a high pick that he is the option for a smart organization.

McCarron just can't compete unfortunately.

Foles success is a blow to the trade McCarron dream.

If you were in need of a starting qb who do you trade for?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bad news on the trade McCarron front.

Foles is quickly becoming the top backup QB trade option for the 2018 season. And what can you say. He's proving to anyone looking to spend a high pick that he is the option for a smart organization.

This would be a concern if only one team needed a veteran QB to take over, but I see lots of them wanting AD or AJM:

1. Jags - Would Jags be getting ready for the Super Bowl if Dalton was their QB versus Bortles? I say yes as likely would have won home field advantage.
2. Bills
3. Jets
4. Browns
5. Vikings - Definitely Dalton over any QB on their roster to go with that great defense.
6. Cardinals - Palmer retired
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Foles easily. He's shown that he can play really well with the right coaches. McCarron hasn't shown much IMO. You would be taking a huge risk with McCarron.
Reply/Quote
Are you forgetting the contingency of Bengals fans firmly convinced that any Bengals player even considered for trade is destined for greatness with any other team?
While with the Bengals they're nobody, but the moment their name is mentioned in any possible trade to any team for any consideration whatsoever it's suddenly multiple pro bowl and super bowl rings territory.. But isn't that always the case?
You wanna be an instant super star? Just get traded by the Bengals!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If the Eagles win the Super Bowl with Foles, then I doubt he will the the Eagles qb that gets traded.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Foles easily. He's shown that he can play really well with the right coaches. McCarron hasn't shown much IMO. You would be taking a huge risk with McCarron.

Not to mention that he's a former Alabama QB.. There haven't been a whole lot of Alabama QBs who went on to greatness..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If the Eagles win the Super Bowl with Foles, then I doubt he will the the Eagles qb that gets traded.

The Eagles will be fools if they trade Wentz and keep Foles. Foles isn't a bad QB, and has shown that he can take the Eagles where they want to go, but I think it's pretty obvious that the team is better with Wentz at the helm. Foles also didn't look very good when he was with the Rams. The Eagles would be smart to trade him as fast as they can if they win the SB, because Foles stock would never be even remotely as high.
Reply/Quote
What the Eagles are going through right now is why a good backup QB is more important than just a trade chip.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bad news on the trade McCarron front.

There are a lot of more Accomplished QBs available this offseason.. McCarron will towards the bottom of the list for available QBs
Reply/Quote
The window may be closed for getting a good trade offer for AJM unfortunately.

Plus he may walk with no compensation at all if the hearing goes his way and he gets labeled a UFA.

Many teams looking, yet there are more than that available in draft and FA this year.

AJM is down the list unless Hue just loves him and he gets a restricted tag.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What the Eagles are going through right now is why a good backup QB is more important than just a trade chip.

The eagles are obviously a super bowl caliber team. The bengals are not. I would rather use that chip to get us there and worry about the backup if and when the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
IDK.. Has there ever been a QB who could completely carry a team with a horrible Oline, no viable receivers, no decent running back and so on? They can throw a ball all day long, but if nobody can catch it it doesn't mean much. If he's getting sacked 20 times every game and the running backs can't get beyond the line of scrimmage just about any QBs prospects are pretty dim.. It is most definitely a team sport and yet despite any possible failure of the rest of the team just about every QB is going to be judged by the rest of the teams failure or success.
Does anyone realistically think Brady would have fared much better behind this year's offensive line? Does anyone realistically think the Bengals would be going to the super bowl this season with Brady instead of Dalton? I don't, but I'm sure plenty of fans would think so.. Foles lucked out and got a decent Oline, receivers and backs. While with the Rams not so much..

Reply/Quote
Nick Foles already had an opportunity to be a starting QB in the NFL and Failed. That will come into consideration for some teams. AJ hasn't had that opportunity and just because Foles is good doesn't mean AJ isn't. AJ and Jimmy G value didn't affect the guy from Tampa last year who got 15 million a year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What the Eagles are going through right now is why a good backup QB is more important than just a trade chip.

Good coaching is almost as important.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: IDK.. Has there ever been a QB who could completely carry a team with a horrible Oline, no viable receivers, no decent running back and so on? They can throw a ball all day long, but if nobody can catch it it doesn't mean much. If he's getting sacked 20 times every game and the running backs can't get beyond the line of scrimmage just about any QBs prospects are pretty dim..  It is most definitely a team sport and yet despite any possible failure of the rest of the team just about every QB is going to be judged by the rest of the teams failure or success.
Does anyone realistically think Brady would have fared much better behind this year's offensive line?  Does anyone realistically think the Bengals would be going to the super bowl this season with Brady instead of Dalton? I don't, but I'm sure plenty of fans would think so..  Foles lucked out and got a decent Oline, receivers and backs. While with the Rams not so much..

Are you talking about Brady with this staff or the Patriots staff coaching him on the Bengals?  If we could have Belichick and his crew then yes I think Brady could easily win a SuperBowl with this team.
Reply/Quote
McCarron should have beat the Steelers in his first playoff game. Unfortunately, the hit on Brown caused the loss. Foles looked good yesterday and hit on all cylinders. Both QB's could be traded this offseason. I still think Cleveland needs to consider a seasoned starter at QB. Maybe the Eagles trade Carson Wentz for pick 1 or 4 to Cleveland. Wentz may object to going to the black hole though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Why would either team trade their backup? The Eagles have proven why it's important to have a decent backup. I can't see them trading the guy who got them to the SB. Same as if AJM had won when he needed to and pushed us into the playoffs, we wouldn't have even discussed trading the guy.
Reply/Quote
The Eagles know Foles and they ran the offense to play to his strengths....something Bengal OCs and Head Coaches are not necessarily good at.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Eagles will be fools if they trade Wentz and keep Foles. Foles isn't a bad QB, and has shown that he can take the Eagles where they want to go, but I think it's pretty obvious that the team is better with Wentz at the helm. Foles also didn't look very good when he was with the Rams. The Eagles would be smart to trade him as fast as they can if they win the SB, because Foles stock would never be even remotely as high.

Jeff Fisher made Jared Goff look like a bust. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This would be a concern if only one team needed a veteran QB to take over, but I see lots of them wanting AD or AJM:

1. Jags - Would Jags be getting ready for the Super Bowl if Dalton was their QB versus Bortles? I say yes as likely would have won home field advantage.
2. Bills
3. Jets
4. Browns
5. Vikings - Definitely Dalton over any QB on their roster to go with that great defense.
6. Cardinals - Palmer retired

What on Earth are you basing #1 & #5 on?
Reply/Quote