McCarron
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foles vs McCarron
(01-25-2018, 07:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is what I don't understand. I get that Dalton deserves criticism for his performance. But, why is he held to a higher standard than the rest of the team. Especially when our defense was considered by many to be 'elite'.

Beats me.....I agree with you.  There are certainly times he deserves more than his share of criticism, but others he doesn't.  Don't you DARE blaspheme about AC Green on here. Don't. You. Dare. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is what I don't understand. I get that Dalton deserves criticism for his performance. But, why is he held to a higher standard than the rest of the team. Especially when our defense was considered by many to be 'elite'.

Because QB is the most important position on the field. Anyway, people don’t exactly sing the praises of the defense, or AJ Green, or any of our other star players when it comes to their performances in the playoffs. I do think Dalton has sucked more than anyone else in the playoffs though, and the criticism is justified.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 08:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Saw an article that stated the XFL would not allow anyone to play that has a criminal record.  No dice for Fartball.

Interesting. I wonder how else they'll front load the PR. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This would be a concern if only one team needed a veteran QB to take over, but I see lots of them wanting AD or AJM:

1. Jags - Would Jags be getting ready for the Super Bowl if Dalton was their QB versus Bortles? I say yes as likely would have won home field advantage.
2. Bills
3. Jets
4. Browns
5. Vikings - Definitely Dalton over any QB on their roster to go with that great defense.
6. Cardinals - Palmer retired

Bortles didn't play that poorly. He may not be in the elite tier, but he did win in the playoffs. Cough, cough.

Losing the 4th quarter to Brady and Belicheck isn't as bad as it may seem because the best QBs have fallen to them in the 4th.

Besides, Andy always has at least one Andy game during the regular season, so to assume they'd have home field throughout is stepping out on a limb.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bortles didn't play that poorly. He may not be in the elite tier, but he did win in the playoffs. Cough, cough.

Losing the 4th quarter to Brady and Belicheck isn't as bad as it may seem because the best QBs have fallen to them in the 4th.

Besides, Andy always has at least one Andy game during the regular season, so to assume they'd have home field throughout is stepping out on a limb.

I agree, but you have to look at round 1.  If Dalton has that sort of game, it's another one and done.  NO WAY the Bengals overcome a performance like that, and this is the point some of us are relaying.  Bortles absolutely played well enough to win the other two games, especially at NE.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If the Eagles win the Super Bowl with Foles, then I doubt he will the the Eagles qb that gets traded.

Uh, he won't be traded, but he will be a hot commodity during the off season.
Wentz is their future and he was the one that put them in the position they are in now during the regular season.

Foles is good, but he's very inconsistent. one game, he might look like a Pro-Bowl Future HOF'er, the next 2 or 3... he will look like he belongs on the bench, honestly, his only good game so far this year was against the Vikings. All of his others games were trash.

To be fair though. NE has the one of the worst Passing Defenses they have ever fielded during the BB era and if Foles can be on target, then they have a very good chance to win the SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bortles didn't play that poorly. He may not be in the elite tier, but he did win in the playoffs. Cough, cough.

So did CP9...after he got away from Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin won a Super Bowl ring without Mike Brown.

Not has a HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because QB is the most important position on the field.

Tell that to the Jags, Vikings, or Eagles.

(01-25-2018, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Anyway, people don’t exactly sing the praises of the defense, or AJ Green, or any of our other star players when it comes to their performances in the playoffs.

No one's really sung their praises, but they sure haven't given the parts of the team that we rely on any real criticism either. The way many have talked, it's as if Dalton was the only one that played poorly.

(01-25-2018, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do think Dalton has sucked more than anyone else in the playoffs though, and the criticism is justified.

Much of the critisim is justified, true but Dalton has sucked more than anyone else? Really? So, in your opinion, an average player playing below average is more deserving of criticism than an elite defense playing below average?

But, thanks for proving my point how Dalton is held to a different standard than the rest of the team by some people. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 12:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So did CP9...after he got away from Marvin Lewis.

You mean CP3!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 08:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Beats me.....I agree with you.  There are certainly times he deserves more than his share of criticism, but others he doesn't.  Don't you DARE blaspheme about AC Green on here. Don't. You. Dare. LMAO

I liked AC Green. A professional athlete proudly boasting that he's a virgin? Great guy and a good player (at least when he was on the Lakers). Ninja
Reply/Quote
I also liked AC Green.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I liked AC Green. A professional athlete proudly boasting that he's a virgin? Great guy and a good player (at least when he was on the Lakers). Ninja

He was.....and still is with the Bengals! Ninja

Reply/Quote
I honestly think AC Green is underappreciated around here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly think AC Green is underappreciated around here.

Can't argue with that! Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This would be a concern if only one team needed a veteran QB to take over, but I see lots of them wanting AD or AJM:

1. Jags - Would Jags be getting ready for the Super Bowl if Dalton was their QB versus Bortles? I say yes
as likely would have won home field advantage.
2. Bills
3. Jets
4. Browns
5. Vikings - Definitely Dalton over any QB on their roster to go with that great defense.
6. Cardinals - Palmer retired

You're insane. Bortles had better numbers in that playoff loss than AD has ever had in any playoff game. Plus, he's at least won one.

In fact, in that one playoff loss he threw twice as many touchdowns as Andy has thrown in all of his playoff losses combined. Home feild doesn't matter to AD. He will choke at home, on the road, or in outter space.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 05:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: You're insane. Bortles had better numbers in that playoff loss than AD has ever had in any playoff game. Plus, he's at least won one.

In fact, in that one playoff loss he threw twice as many touchdowns as Andy has thrown in all of his playoff losses combined. Home feild doesn't matter to AD. He will choke at home, on the road, or in outter space.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]

29-71-2 vs playoff teams (.294)
8-24 vs Steelers (.250)
0-7 in playoffs (.000)
9-24 in prime-time (.273)
Most reg season games coached without a playoff win: Marvin Lewis: 240 - 2nd place: Jim Mora 231

Andy Dalton under Marv: 88/158 (55.7%) - 873 yards - 1 TD - 6 INT (57.8 passer rating) - sacked 12 times in 4 games - 4 fumbles
Other QB's under Marv: 61/117 (52.1%) - 555 yards - 3 TD - 4 INT (59.6 passer rating) - sacked 10 times in 3 games - 5 fumbles

- Our playoff teams have finished top 10 in points allowed 5 times, yet we've allowed an average of 25.1 ppg in playoff games
- The once fierce pass rush disappears (only 9 sacks in 7 games...only one game with a good pass rush...last Steelers game) 
- Our good run defense gets obliterated to the tune of 146.3 yards allowed per game (which would rank dead last on any given year)
- We can't protect our QB's, giving up a whopping 22 sacks (this would average out to 50 sacks, which is more than we allowed the last 2 seasons)
- Our pass defense gets roasted, allowing a 102.4 rating and 67.9% completions in the playoffs

I don't see how people can repeatedly see all these facts and somehow still talk about "Andy choking". The whole team (including other QB's) has choked. Because the coach is a choker and he somehow gets all his guys to choke repeatedly in the same situations for 15 years now. How much evidence do we need to see the real issue?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 8-24 vs Steelers (.250)
Wait, really? This is his record vs the Steelers? For real? How come no one's ever mentioned this before?! 
Mellow
C'mon, you know I had to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 04:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wait, really? This is his record vs the Steelers? For real? How come no one's ever mentioned this before?! 
Mellow
C'mon, you know I had to do it.

Well I heard that stat from a newer poster, so I don't want to take credit. Ever since he broke that news, it's caught on like wildfire.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 05:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: You're insane. Bortles had better numbers in that playoff loss than AD has ever had in any playoff game. Plus, he's at least won one.

What, like an otter in outer space?

[Image: space-otter-573d696771950__880.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote