McCarron
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foles vs McCarron
As to the Andy playoff sidebar. Just stop it.

The dude has been in 4 playoff games and he has a combined passer rating of 57.8. That's over 10 points lower than his back up had in his one shot against a division foe.

"AJ has been bad too"....for real? AJ had 80 receiving yards in a playoff game where his QB had a passer rating of 44.7. How the hell is that even possible. In his most current playoff game AJ had 71yards and a TD while working with a backup.

I get that folks (myself included) are often too critical of Andy, but it is impossible to be too critical of his playoff performances or try to deflect the suckiness.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And Foles is off the market.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:42 AM)Benton Wrote: And Foles is off the market.

Not necessarily. Philly won’t be able to keep both, and Wentz looked like an MVP. Good problem to have.

Reply/Quote
Wentz may have looked like a MVP, but Foles won then the Super Bowl.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Wentz may have looked like a MVP, but Foles won then the Super Bowl.

So did Joe Flacco. How that working out?

Reply/Quote
I don't know if Foles stays or goes but Wentz has a torn ACL and won't be available until training camp. I would say its more likely that Foles stays. Anyways they can always franchise him then trade him next off-season it's not like GMs will forget about him beating Tom Brady in a super bowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:23 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't know if Foles stays or goes but Wentz has a torn ACL and won't be available until training camp. I would say its more likely that Foles stays. Anyways they can always franchise him then trade him next off-season it's not like GMs will forget about him beating Tom Brady in a super bowl.

I don't see the Eagles being in a hurry to let him go. I think he will be the starter for the first half of next season while Wentz starts on the PUP. Right now you can say Foles is more important to Philly than Wentz. No reason to rush your franchise QB back when you have a QB who dosent make mistakes, takes care of the ball and gives your team the best chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Wentz may have looked like a MVP, but Foles won then the Super Bowl.

[Image: dm_130119_superbowlqbhostetler.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not necessarily. Philly won’t be able to keep both, and Wentz looked like an MVP. Good problem to have.

Foles just tea bagged wentzs mom.

Career up to date is irrelevant, he was the mvp in the orgs first super bowl. A thousand illegitimate children born in the next month will be named “Nicholas.”
Reply/Quote
Also Congrats to Foles, he played a hell of a game. It's sad cause I just can't picture Dalton playing that good in the postseason ever. They have a coach with balls and a QB that takes care of the ball. A coach who was coaching high school 10 years ago just won the SB with a backup QB, meanwhile in that 10 years Marvin has had multiple pro bowlers, several roster overhauls and can't win 1 freakin playoff game. Awesome...
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Also Congrats to Foles, he played a hell of a game. It's sad cause I just can't picture Dalton playing that good in the postseason ever. They have a coach with balls and a QB that takes care of the ball. A coach who was coaching high school 10 years ago just won the SB with a backup QB, meanwhile in that 10 years Marvin has had multiple pro bowlers, several roster overhauls and can't win 1 freakin playoff game. Awesome...

Marvin wouldn’t go for it on fourth and short. He’d rather put it in the hands of an aging defense to hopefully luck into a turnover.

Marvin couldn’t have won tonight’s game. He couldn’t even make it to it.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:48 AM)Benton Wrote: Foles just tea bagged wentzs mom.

Career up to date is irrelevant, he was the mvp in the orgs first super bowl. A thousand illegitimate children born in the next month will be named “Nicholas.”

See my post above regarding Flacco. Catching lightning in a bottle for one magic SB run doesn’t guarantee he’s going to be a franchise QB going forward. If I’m the Eagles I’m not letting someone as talented as Wentz go. It’s a tough choice for sure, but like I said it’s a good problem to have. It’ll be interesting to see how things play out.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Marvin wouldn’t go for it on fourth and short. He’d rather put it in the hands of an aging defense to hopefully luck into a turnover.

Marvin couldn’t have won tonight’s game. He couldn’t even make it to it.

Agree with every risk Philly took except for that early 2 point conversion early when they tried to get to 17 instead of settling with sixteen but ended up with 15. 

Thought it was way too early for that one.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with every risk Philly took except for that early 2 point conversion early when they tried to get to 17 instead of settling with sixteen but ended up with 15. 

Thought it was way too early for that one.  

See, I disagree with that.....aggressive is aggressive, plus, the kicker has missed 3 XPs this season and the one in that game.

I don't see how that's "chasing points", but going for it on 4th and goal early in the game with a gadget play isn't "chasing points".  One worked, he's a genius for calling it, one didn't and it was stupid.

To me, if you call the game aggressively, you call it that way the whole game.  If you're playing NE, you try to score as many points as possible.  You're going to need them.  Ask Atlanta about playing conservative against these guys.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Interesting to note.....as was mentioned in the broadcast.....they ran some RPO with Foles and found he was comfortable with it, so his HC decided to the feature the RPO in the offense.  You know, coaching to his players' strengths vs. making players fit your scheme.  Something we're not exactly known for around here......

Foles really stepped it up, but his coach isn't stuck in his ways, adapts on the fly, is aggressive, and put Foles in a favorable position to win.

Oh well, hopefully we only have two more years of shit to put up with, though I highly doubt that.  We're stuck with Mediocre Mervin Srewus until he decides he's done.  Lovely. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting to note.....as was mentioned in the broadcast.....they ran some RPO with Foles and found he was comfortable with it, so his HC decided to the feature the RPO in the offense.  You know, coaching to his players' strengths vs. making players fit your scheme.  Something we're not exactly known for around here......

Foles really stepped it up, but his coach isn't stuck in his ways, adapts on the fly, is aggressive, and put Foles in a favorable position to win.

Oh well, hopefully we only have two more years of shit to put up with, though I highly doubt that.  We're stuck with Mediocre Mervin Srewus until he decides he's done.  Lovely. Whatever

This is why people don't want to play here...they realize we are an organization committed to an owner and HC who can't win with starters while other teams do more with less.  We just aren't trying, and some people who spend their lives working to win don't really care for that sort of thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: See, I disagree with that.....aggressive is aggressive, plus, the kicker has missed 3 XPs this season and the one in that game.

I don't see how that's "chasing points", but going for it on 4th and goal early in the game with a gadget play isn't "chasing points".  One worked, he's a genius for calling it, one didn't and it was stupid.

To me, if you call the game aggressively, you call it that way the whole game.  If you're playing NE, you try to score as many points as possible.  You're going to need them.  Ask Atlanta about playing conservative against these guys.

Yup

Only wish Mervin could understand. Running the clock out is a thing of the past except at the very end of the game - up by 21 with 4 minutes to go, sure run the ball and kill clock.

Besides that keep foot on the gas !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This is why people don't want to play here...they realize we are an organization committed to an owner and HC who can't win with starters while other teams do more with less.  We just aren't trying, and some people who spend their lives working to win don't really care for that sort of thing.

Exactly.  There's no way in hell Lewis should still be here.  Folks that think outside FAs don't see this are kidding themselves.

(02-05-2018, 11:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Only wish Mervin could understand. Running the clock out is a thing of the past except at the very end of the game - up by 21 with 4 minutes to go, sure run the ball and kill clock.

Besides that keep foot on the gas !

That will never happen here......unless the coordinators just declare a mutiny and decide to ignore him on the headset.

Reply/Quote
Foles contract makes him almost guaranteed to be traded,he has a "self destruct" clause if he is on the Eagles February of 2019. What this means is if he is traded his modest contract stays intact for a new team, otherwise he is an FA. He has a ton of value from both his play and contract, so with that said I expect the Bills to offer a 1st and 4th for him similar to what the Vikings gave up for Bradford in an attempt to win now. It makes sense for Buffalo as they are built to win now and he has proven he can beat the Patriots in a high pressure situation.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Foles contract makes him almost guaranteed to be traded,he has a "self destruct" clause if he is on the Eagles February of 2019. What this means is if he is traded his modest contract stays intact for a new team, otherwise he is an FA. He has a ton of value from both his play and contract, so with that said I expect the Bills to offer a 1st and 4th for him similar to what the Vikings gave up for Bradford in an attempt to win now. It makes sense for Buffalo as they are built to win now and he has proven he can beat the Patriots in a high pressure situation.

Good point.  Plus, as was noted last night postgame, Bradford is out there.  He could wind up replacing Foles.

Reply/Quote