Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News continues climb in ratings
No Trump, no problem. Fox debate was most watched non-sport program in 2023.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-media-draws-12-8-million-total-viewers-for-democracy-24-fox-news-republican-primary-debate

Fox continues to be the most trusted (watched) news station on cable TV. The old argument Trump was the reason Fox was so successful went out the window. Brett and Martha also 2 of the most respected political analysts in TV.

FOX News Media draws 12.8 million total viewers for ‘Democracy 24: FOX News Republican Primary Debate’
Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum moderated the most-watched, non-sports cable program of 2023
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That's weird considering they got sued multiple times and they never pretend to tell the truth but we live in times where truth is just an opinion like another so ...

Everyone has the information he deserves.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Most watched does not equal most trusted, and both things do not equal most reliable.
Reply/Quote
Up yours, Tucker!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 08:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: Most watched does not equal most trusted, and both things do not equal most reliable.

Fox is the Rodney Dangerfield of the media, No respect.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
More like Faux News!!!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Cable dying probably has a lot to do with it.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/traditional-tv-usage-drops-below-50percent-for-first-time-ever.html

They have an established base. Which I think is the older cable news addicted crowd. At least that is who their advertisements target.

I myself think it is sad the crowd so eager to hate on journalists and rag on main stream media can’t wait to brag about how awesome faux news is. The biggest main stream media news company who also admits to lying to their face. Sad and funny at the same time
Reply/Quote
I will give you that Fox viewers believe every word that they spout. Now the real question is should they?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 09:58 PM)pally Wrote: I will give you that Fox viewers believe every word that they spout.  Now the real question is should they?

No reasonable person would, according to Fox New's own lawyers.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 08:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: Most watched does not equal most trusted, and both things do not equal most reliable.

LOL

Yeah I always go to restaurants I don't trust to eat???????????

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I love jealousy. Funny story, CNN used to be #1 (long time ago)and I was a viewer. Then I figured out they were fake news.

The same CNN and MSNBC who peddled the biggest lie this century. No, Trump did not collude with Russia, but the minions who watched CNN, MSNBC and the other liberal rags bought it. You were duped, but hey say Fox is fake news, but they were the ones who got it right. Fox is the one that will bring down the Biden crime family.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love jealousy. Funny story, CNN used to be #1 (long time ago)and I was a viewer. Then I figured out they were fake news.

The same CNN and MSNBC who peddled the biggest lie this century. No, Trump did not collude with Russia, but the minions who watched CNN, MSNBC and the other liberal rags bought it. You were duped, but hey say Fox is fake news, but they were the ones who got it right. Fox is the one that will bring down the Biden crime family.

And one day my prince will come. You are confusing your will and reality. It's sad.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 09:58 PM)pally Wrote: I will give you that Fox viewers believe every word that they spout.  Now the real question is should they?

Please tell me you didn't just criticize Fox's viewers for believing everything they spout when the left believes that the only thing required to be a woman is to say "I'm a woman"?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

You listen to a channel that tells you what you want to hear just like you go to a restaurant that cooks the way you like it.  That doesn't mean that Fox tells you the actual truth any more than you know how clean that restaurant's kitchen is

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:45 PM)pally Wrote: You listen to a channel that tells you what you want to hear just like you go to a restaurant that cooks the way you like it.  That doesn't mean that Fox tells you the actual truth any more than you know how clean that restaurant's kitchen is

Once again, read my post above yours and try to justify this claim.
Reply/Quote
~Half the country is conservative. ~Half the country is liberal.

The one clearly right leaning major mainstream news outlet gets half the viewers.

The rest of the clearly left leaning major mainstream outlets get the other half of the viewers.

Voilà
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

That's not an apt comparison. Eating something rotten makes you sick, digesting rotten information makes your confirmation bias feel all warm and fuzzy. 

I have an imho more relatable comparison. Many people watch late night shows. Doesn't mean they trust in them, it means they entertain them. And so does FOX, entertaining people with confirming their world view. One does not need to take them at face value to like this feeling. Even Tucker's lawyers claimed that no reasonable viewer could take him seriously - just as a night show host would say.

And sure, quite some viewers also trust FOX, which is just sad. Expecially since they lost a lot of money over willfully peddling wrong information and such, not to mention the general content. To be fair, it also is sad when people trust Lawrence O'Donnell.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy Fox News. I keep my mind open to false reporting. CNN and MSNBC keep reporting on Trump like they idolize him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please tell me you didn't just criticize Fox's viewers for believing everything they spout when the left believes that the only thing required to be a woman is to say "I'm a woman"?

What this has to do with the trustworthiness of Fox, I dont know.

I try to treat people with respect and that includes transgendered people. I also understand there is a whole lot we don’t know about the human body or mind. So unlike some people, I am willing to believe, until proven otherwise that gender, like sexuality, is not as black and white as we once believed and can exist across a spectrum. I am open minded enough to understand the arguments that being woman is more than simply having a vagina and ovaries and being a man is more than testicles and a penis. That maybe it takes more than a simple combination of X and Y chromosomes for proper expression of gender.
In the meantime, I don’t get hung up on how people identify themselves.

Reply/Quote
Fox news a trusty news source? No. I don't trust any of them. It's pretty clear that CNN, MSNBC, CBS (National) and some others are all shady and liars as well. It's quite simple actually. They are all politically motivated to the point none can be trusted. I believe in freedom of the press, but the way many try to manipulate the lies is disgusting and something should be done. There is a strong hatred across the political isles and you can thank the news outlets for playing a major part in it. I understand this has gone on for years, but never on this level.

Reply/Quote