Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack our new OL Coach
Solid hire. I think we got the best man out there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Superbowl baby
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:13 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Just read about it on Cincy Jungle.

GREAT HIRE! They have one of the best o-line in the league. Come to cincy and work thyn magic!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/11/16880526/bengals-hiring-former-cowboys-ol-coach-frank-pollack-role-per-report

Wow, now i am a bit optimistic fellas. I liked Goodwin but Pollack is even better, like in Ochos thread i hope the
Cowgirls hire PA and make it an uneven trade lol Hilarious

Couldn't get a better O-line coach honestly, now lets get him a FA and a couple draft picks to work with! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Amusing that Dallas is looking at PA and the Bengals pick up the OL coach that was fired. But I’m happy to see Pollack hired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:09 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Just sharing what I heard, not trying to mess with anyone

I believed yah man, you were correct. Cool

What a great grab, it was kind of a dream in Ocho's thread cannot believe we actually got Pollack. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believed yah man, you were correct. Cool

What a great grab, it was kind of a dream in Ocho's thread cannot believe we actually got Pollack. Shocked

This hire could call for a brewski?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This hire could call for a brewski?

You know it brother! To Pollack! Dalton should pop one open as well! :andy:
Reply/Quote
Joe and Gio should be elated. We all saw the holes 'zeke was running through last year. I'm not saying he can magically make that happen right away but at least he is acquainted with what good run blocking looks like.

Reply/Quote
spend the money bengals spend the ***** money!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:13 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Joe and Gio should be elated. We all saw the holes 'zeke was running through last year. I'm not saying he can magically make that happen right away but at least he should is acquainted with what good run blocking looks like.

I don't think we have seen holes like that here since we had Munoz and the boyz.

Joe and Gio are extremely talented, wonder what they would look like with the O-line Zeke had there
in Dallas. We just need to add some solid pieces.

If we can bring in a good FA like Norwell the Guard from Carolina and a couple early draft picks we
could be right there with Pollack at the helm. Bet he had a say in drafting those guys in Dallas. He has
and eye for talent unlike PA and like you said knows what good run blocking looks like.

I am excited man. This is a big deal. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Holy shit! Shocked

Ha ha, rejoice once again Wyche my brother!
Reply/Quote
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty excited about this hire to say the least. As soon as I saw he was available, I knew this is the guy I wanted. Couldn't be any happier about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Happy Who-Dey!  Love this hire.  Hard to understand why the Cowboys canned him.

(01-11-2018, 06:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any particular reason why they canned him?  I thought he was doing very well in Dallas.

I was reading a story about them interviewing Paul Alexander, and it mentioned that they gave up 32 sacks, which was up from 24 the previous season.

Heck, 32 isn't even all that bad. We gave up 40 this year and 41 the year before that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was reading a story about them interviewing Paul Alexander, and it mentioned that they gave up 32 sacks, which was up from 24 the previous season.

Heck, 32 isn't even all that bad. We gave up 40 this year and 41 the year before that.

And his guys were injured namely his LT Smith who might be their best O-lineman besides Frederick.

I think the Cowboys screwed this up big time and we ACTUALLY took advantage. Great job FO.

This guy might actually survive... :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was reading a story about them interviewing Paul Alexander, and it mentioned that they gave up 32 sacks, which was up from 24 the previous season.

If Alexander does get hired in Dallas, maybe he will "bang the table" & demand that Jerry Jones trade with the Bengals for some of Paul's guys.

Maybe Paul convinces Jerry to give us a Draft pick for Bodine.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Alexander does get hired in Dallas, maybe he will "bang the table" & demand that Jerry Jones trade with the Bengals for some of Paul's guys.

[Image: latest?cb=20140323163425]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Alexander does get hired in Dallas, maybe he will "bang the table" & demand that Jerry Jones trade with the Bengals for some of Paul's guys.

Let's re-sign Bodine and trade him for Frederick...
Reply/Quote

Well, when you consider the whole Zeke Elliot suspension saga, and add in the fact that everyone had an entire year worth of video on Prescott, there was bound to be some sort of letdown this season.  

DCs in the NFL are fast studies. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I like the hire because his Olines  have been solid. I guess the question is, did he make the talent or did the talent make him? I suppose time will tell.

Maybe a little of both. 
Reply/Quote