Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
{{{ Fundraiser: Making sure The Bengals Board is here to stay!!! }}}
(08-15-2020, 10:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Need some more donations so Luvinit has to PAY for his kind gesture!

OK, I said 24 hours and has been longer. I only see $25 since my offer and over 24 hours but I am fexible.

I will match it up to $75 more until August 17th at 2 p,m,

I am at $25, come on guys make me donate $75 more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 01:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, I said 24 hours and has been longer. I only see $25 since my offer and over 24 hours but I am fexible.

I will match it up to $75 more until August 17th at 2 p,m,

I am at $25, come on guys make me donate $75 more.

Thanks for extending. I love the challenge. 

Reply/Quote
Just pitched $20.

I've been a lurker since 2006 but this board has kept me sane on many Sundays reading the gameday forum. Definitely worth it.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Just pitched $20.

I've been a lurker since 2006 but this board has kept me sane on many Sundays reading the gameday forum.  Definitely worth it.

TY

I will match it

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Late to the party, but donated.

(08-13-2020, 09:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: I kicked in $25 today.

(08-14-2020, 12:57 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Just put a few bucks in.  Hope to see us play this year....

(08-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Just pitched $20.

I've been a lurker since 2006 but this board has kept me sane on many Sundays reading the gameday forum.  Definitely worth it.

(08-17-2020, 01:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY

I will match it

Thanks to all you guys! Very appreciated. We're getting closer to goal every day. Joe
Reply/Quote
Threw in another $50. I know this is a lot of work and we really appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
I will do $100. I appreciate this place! When I do my fundraiser for the Cystic fibrosis foundation, I hope some of y’all help me out. Doing it now.

Edit: Done. Thanks all!!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 07:34 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I will do $100. I appreciate this place! When I do my fundraiser for the Cystic fibrosis foundation, I hope some of y’all help me out. Doing it now.

Edit: Done. Thanks all!!

Let us know. Good on ya!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Just pitched $20.

I've been a lurker since 2006 but this board has kept me sane on many Sundays reading the gameday forum. Definitely worth it.

You sure you're not from bizzaro world?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 10:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You sure you're not from bizzaro world?

Nope.  I still remember laughing out loud from some of the comments during the Bengals vs. Browns game back in 2007.  I think there was a thread titled "Things softer than the Bengals defense" or something along those lines that was pretty hilarious.  I kept coming back, reading this site for therapeutic reasons on many disappointing Sundays in that late 2000's stretch.

Well, it wasn't this particular site but the one that used to be attache to the official Bengals site.

Edit: Although, you being Canadian and me being where I'm from, your bizzaro world designation may not be far off :)
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 02:20 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Nope.  I still remember laughing out loud from some of the comments during the Bengals vs. Browns game back in 2007.  I think there was a thread titled "Things softer than the Bengals defense" or something along those lines that was pretty hilarious.  I kept coming back, reading this site for therapeutic reasons on many disappointing Sundays in that late 2000's stretch.

Well, it wasn't this particular site but the one that used to be attache to the official Bengals site.

Edit: Although, you being Canadian and me being where I'm from, your bizzaro world designation may not be far off :)

Oh yeah, the board on the whole, you're right. But the gameday thread is anything but theraputic! Avoid it like the plague! LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks to all who donated, I made another $100 donation (match). We are now at almost $2800 so more work to do. Let's make sure Holic is shown our appreciation by insuring 3 more years of this board running.

I know some may have tight money issues, for you I pray help comes to you soon.

Great news, it won't be long and we may see our rookie debut.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 07:25 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Threw in another $50. I know this is a lot of work and we really appreciate it.

(08-17-2020, 07:34 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I will do $100. I appreciate this place!  When I do my fundraiser for the Cystic fibrosis foundation, I hope some of y’all help me out. Doing it now.

Edit:  Done. Thanks all!!

Thank you very much! Joe

(08-18-2020, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Thanks to all who donated, I made another $100 donation (match). We are now at almost $2800 so more work to do. Let's make sure Holic is shown our appreciation by insuring 3 more years of this board running.

I know some may have tight money issues, for you I pray help comes to you soon.

Great news, it won't be long and we may see our rookie debut.

Wow, thanks Luvnit. I'm always blown away by the level of support the members continue to provide to ensure that this board is around well into the future. We're only 1,200 away from reaching the total goal...which is incredible. 

You guys always talk about how great it is to have the board and how much it means to you...well, I feel the same, and it really is an honor to just to be a part of this community, and it makes 5+ years of building this thing all the more worthwhile and satisfying.
Reply/Quote
I just kicked in some more.

We are at $2905 and counting...
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Gonna jump in again.  If we reach the goal within 30 days or less, I'll donate $100 to Joe Burrow's charity, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.

https://www.appalachianohio.org/grow/funds/fund-profiles/joeburrow/

Let's do this.  Big Grin

Well we didn't meet the 30 day goal but overall great contributions from many here so far. I'm really impressed how many people have stepped up and also HarleyDog for making that awesome video. 

So, I decided to split the $100 up instead of not doing anything.  I donated another $50 to the board and $50 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund.   

[Image: ChqMOmHl.png]

Thanks to everyone that keeps me enjoying this message board and to Holic and everyone else that keeps it up and running.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Thank you again, jfk and George! Can't believe we're already 3 quarters of the way there.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 01:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Thank you again, jfk and George! Can't believe we're already 3 quarters of the way there.  Mellow

Glad to help.   I might have to come up with another incentive if donations slow down a bit before we meet the goal.  Maybe something like change my avatar and sig for the rest of the season (but not removing the board supporter part) created and voted on by people that donate if we get within say $400 of the goal in 2 weeks?   Of course I'm not a really big name here that posts a lot but it would be kind of funny to see what people come up with.   Maybe a more prolific poster will step up and agree to that challenge. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I feel bad that I just realized this, but has anyone heard from Wyche'sWarrior lately? I haven't seen him in months.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 12:08 PM)Earendil Wrote: I feel bad that I just realized this, but has anyone heard from Wyche'sWarrior lately?  I haven't seen him in months.

I have not.  And I miss him.

Wycheman.   Where ye be?
Reply/Quote
Done and done. Thank you all for making this place home for me.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote