Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
(04-28-2018, 08:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boling is backup quality? Seriously?

He will be starting at Guard and is good there, he can’t play both positions at the same time. I forgot, maybe he can now because of Pollack.
Reply/Quote
Boling is the starting LG. Glenn is the starting LT. Price is the starting C. Westerman is the starting RG. It is RT where we do not have a starter as of yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Grade this draft? I don't know, ask me in 3 years. We'll have a better idea, then.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The voice of reason...

It’s funny to me people think other team are pulling 5-7 starters every year. Just doesn’t happen. If you get 2-3 and some role players out of a draft that’s a success.

Nobody ever said that but to be honest in the Bengals case this year yes absolutely correct... this team needs 4 new starters on the o-line.

To other comments my poor grade isn’t pertaining to players I wanted but rather than not seriously addressing the worst o-line in the league and the worst in bengals history.

Sorry didn’t need cornerbacks one bit. We have Dre K WJ3 and Dennard. We are solid this year. Even tho we aren’t fond of Dre K this wasn’t the worst position group on our team. Same with a 4 th round running back...

We had a collective group of 5 offensive lineman that were the worst unit in football and we drafted 1 in the first seven rounds. Yes we traded for 1 but did nothing to fix the unit outside of that or add depth for security Incase something happens.

Yes happy we got a safety so Andy can get the ball back and then get sacked. And we can run for 3 yards per attempt again. Bates might get 50 interceptions because he will have plenty of opportunity.

Just saying at times yes you need to do a better job of fixing a major issue. A new o-line makes the entire team better not just the unit itself. The d instantly gets better because they aren’t on the field the entire game.
Reply/Quote
The reality of it is that we'd better hope that Price is the real deal.

Otherwise we're in a for a long season, no matter what happens at the other line positions.

Agree?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The reality of it is that we'd better hope that Price is the real deal.

Otherwise we're in a for a long season, no matter what happens at the other line positions.

Agree?

Totally! I think he will be. We don't have the same coaches and the guy is praised for his smarts. I think whatever issues he has out the gate they will figure it out and he will work hard to correct. Think he's pretty solid. But?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 05:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are 4 right tackle prospects on roster right now
Fisher
Ced
Boling
Hart

Thank you for pointing this out. Should have gotten SAm or Malik and then gotten a OT that could possible develop into starter. Right now we have four guys who, at best are serviceable back ups. None of them have potential to develop into a starter at tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I get that...  but what if Price is like Fredrick and a day one starter type talent that fits the coach's scheme?

Dallas got slammed for grabbing him that high by "experts".

Not to say it will be the same...  but you can't refute it either.

Piano man.  Pffft.  He said ol' Ogbuehi was top notch well coached player that could play any spot on the line.  How did that work out?

I'm not arguing here. 

If Cedric O, and that's a big IF, can be salvaged to contribute even in rotation it will be a tell-tale sign that Alexander was right but didn't have abilities to prepare his players.

I'm skeptical though.  I think he's a bust from what I've seen.  That's under bad to no tutelage by Paul A.

At this point we have no clue though.  We haven't seen a different coach there in decades.  Pray

For sure man and I agree with this. I totally remember Dallas getting slammed and I laughed as well. But absolutely correct with what they did. They knew where they needed immediate help and addressed it. Look at the production of the running game because they spent the draft making the best o-line possible.

That’s what this draft needed to be for the bengals. Not flashy or ewww we got the fastest guy but bouring as f@#k. First round center one of the top 3 we all can debate that however...but one of the best 3. Great pic regardless which one it was....second pick best tackle on board or move some other picks to get one and so forth. Don’t care if we traded every pick we had to pick 1 center, 1 guard, and 1 tackle. Instantly every player on this team gets better. More rest for the D, more time for Andy, more time for receivers to get open, more yards for Mixon and Gio. Instantly ever person on this team gets better.

I walk away from this draft thinking yes we got some prospects and our special teams got better....woohoo
Reply/Quote
I'll give it a C for "Center".

Ok, a C+. I like some of the prospects we got and positions we addressed. I can't lie though, I was more than a bit disappointed to only come out with 1 o-lineman.

Maybe Fisher will overcome his heart issue and ball out. Maybe Redmond is the real deal. Maybe Ogbuehi, ah who am I kidding that guy sucks. Maybe there's some cubic zirconium in the rough there somewhere. I don't think we should've banked on it though.

Kinda reminds me of banking on Og and Fisher getting better in 2017.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Boling is the starting LG. Glenn is the starting LT. Price is the starting C. Westerman is the starting RG. It is RT where we do not have a starter as of yet.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:52 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Nobody ever said that but to be honest in the Bengals case this year yes absolutely correct... this team needs 4 new starters on the o-line.

No they don’t. We have Glenn and Boling. Now with Price that’s 3/5 right there. The others guys we have will have to battle for those 2 spots on the right. For the millionth time can we at least see what Pollack can do with some of these guys like Westerman, Fisher, and Redmond before we completely write them off?

Reply/Quote
We drafted a solid, first-round caliber center, which seems like a sure massive upgrade. The other players taken seem to be lottery tickets with reasonable odds of turning into useful players. I guess the same could not have been said about the RTs available. So I give the draft an A.

Don't overthink it :)
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll give it a C for "Center".

Ok, a C+. I like some of the prospects we got and positions we addressed. I can't lie though, I was more than a bit disappointed to only come out with 1 o-lineman.

Maybe Fisher will overcome his heart issue and ball out. Maybe Redmond is the real deal. Maybe Ogbuehi, ah who am I kidding that guy sucks. Maybe there's some cubic zirconium in the rough there somewhere. I don't think we should've banked on it though.

They actually took 2 OL. Price and Taylor.

Reply/Quote
I give this draft a D+

I think we had the worst draft out of any team in the league. Billy Price is the only pick we had where someone will start. He will be alright, better than Bodine.

Extremely disappointed in every pick we made besides Price.
Reply/Quote
Can Cordy Glenn play at both tackle spots? If not. Long season...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll give it a C for "Center".

Maybe Fisher will overcome his heart issue and ball out. Maybe Redmon is the real deal. Maybe Ogbuehi, ah who am I kidding that guy sucks. Maybe there's some cubic zirconium in the rough there somewhere. I don't think we should've banked on it though.

I agree for the most part.

I'm trying to channel their war room...

No Adam Jones?  We need a rotational CB who can return kicks.  We could drop Erickson.

Dennard's looming contract?  Let's get another CB just in case.

If Bates pans out at safety we could cut/move Williams.

The only thing that would make me want to grade higher, is a salary dump and 1-2 acquisitions for O-line from other teams purging.

That's why it's way too early to fully judge the picks.

We have seen some different moves being made by the FO than usual so it's a small possibility at least.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they don’t. We have Glenn and Boling. Now with Price that’s 3/5 right there. The others guys we have will have to battle for those 2 spots on the right. For the millionth time can we at least see what Pollack can do with some of these guys like Westerman, Fisher, and Redmond before we completely write them off?

Yes 3 of 5 and I’m not writing them off. We didn’t add any depth at the group either. If Glenn goes down we are back in the same shit show we saw last year. Pollack isn’t going to clap his hands and instantly make a tackle in 5 weeks of mini camp and practice especially when he is trying to teach them the new scheme. He isn’t going to have time to teach technique
Reply/Quote
I really only had an issue with taking price over james daniels, but Im thrilled we took a center in the first. It will ne interesting to see who the better center between the 2 in 3 to 4 years. And I like Price and the overall draft. I hope they become quality pros.
Reply/Quote
Do not dislike a single player drafted and give it a C+ as is.

Coming away with only 2 OL is unbelievable to me. Only 1 is highly ranked even.

Clearly it was the biggest hole and we are taking CB's who will have a hard time making the cut per shear amount of them on roster.

Like everything except for the amount of OL drafted. Not saying to not give Pollack a chance with these eggs. Yet am saying bring in some competition and make them earn their positions that they do not deserve to just be handed back on merit alone.

Also would have really been nice to have gotten an extra pick for AJM.

But as I stated at the beginning, do not dislike a single player drafted.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree for the most part.

I'm trying to channel their war room...

No Adam Jones?  We need a rotational CB who can return kicks.  We could drop Erickson.

Dennard's looming contract?  Let's get another CB just in case.

If Bates pans out at safety we could cut/move Williams.

The only thing that would make me want to grade higher, is a salary dump and 1-2 acquisitions for O-line from other teams purging.

That's why it's way too early to fully judge the picks.

We have seen some different moves being made by the FO than usual so it's a small possibility at least.

Agree with this though and except for fumbling the AJM trade the FO has done a remarkable job this offseason so will wait final judgement after the dust settles and the final roster is trimmed. 

Hopefully a good OL falls through the cracks somewhere. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote