Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Thread
(07-22-2016, 11:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've asked several of my friends who are Trumps supporters which job they are going to apply for:  mines or steel mills.

None have responded.

I'm gonna mine steel. Since Pitt has turned into some sort of sissy tech city, I'm just going to have to bypass iron and take steel out of the ground.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I also couldn't help but notice the smattering of polite applause when he brought up the Orlando shootings and the LBGT community. The crowd then roared when he said he was proud to get that response at the RNC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-22-2016, 12:44 PM)jason Wrote: I also couldn't help but notice the smattering of polite applause when he brought up the Orlando shootings and the LBGT community. The crowd then roared when he said he was proud to get that response at the RNC.

People are waiting to clap at these things like trained seals....some seals are trained better than others.

It's funny watching grown adults at these events cheering like lunatics.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-21-2016, 09:57 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody else catch Mark Cuban on Colbert last night. I loved the "Only way Trump would have 10 billion dollars  is if I gave him 9.5 billion to clean my balls" joke.

Yea Cuban has been calling him out for his net worth claims for a while now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Trump's speech was interesting to say the least. I feel sorry for the people who actually believe America is in as bad as a situation as he is suggesting it is in. A country no one respects in which immigrants commit massive amount of crime in our lawless cities. He doesn't have any answers, but he will fight for us...

Side note, I loved his "I won't accept Cruz's endorsement" comment today. Haha, easy to say now that he didn't give it and made it clear he won't. That's like me saying I wouldn't bang Ivanka Trump is she offered because I am in a relationship.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/trump-rnc-speech-alone-fix-it/492557/

Quote:‘I Alone Can Fix It’

Breaking with two centuries of political tradition, Donald Trump didn’t ask Americans to place their trust in each other or in God, but rather, in Trump.

Has any American political leader claimed so directly to embody the nation, to speak for it, to be its sole hope for redemption?

In 1968, Richard Nixon spoke of a nation torn apart by crime at home, and by wars abroad. But, he promised, better days were ahead. “Without God's help and your help, we will surely fail; but with God's help and your help, we shall surely succeed.”

[/url]
[Image: Conventions-Bug.jpg]

The Atlantic's coverage of the Republican and Democratic nominations for the U.S. presidential election
[url=http://www.theatlantic.com/projects/conventions-2016/]Read more

In 1980, Ronald Reagan painted a similarly dark picture of a troubled nation, and offered a similar message of redemption.
But his acceptance speech called on Americans to work together to solve their problems. “I ask you not simply to ‘Trust me,’” Reagan said, “but to trust your values—our values—and to hold me responsible for living up to them.”

In 2000, George W. Bush called a troubled nation to renewal, and ended with a note of humility. “I know the presidency is an office that turns pride into prayer,” he said, “But I am eager to start on the work ahead.”

In 2016, Donald J. Trump mounted the stage, and told America that the nation is in crisis. That attacks on police and terrorism threaten the American way of life. That the United States suffers from domestic disaster, and international humiliation. That it is full of shuttered factories and crushed communities. That it is beset by “poverty and violence at home” and “war and destruction abroad.”

And he offered them a solution.

I am your voice
, said Trump. I alone can fix itI will restore law and order. He did not appeal to prayer, or to God. He did not ask Americans to measure him against their values, or to hold him responsible for living up to them. He did not ask for their help. He asked them to place their faith in him.

When Trump said, “I am your voice,” the delegates on the convention floor roared their approval.

He broke with two centuries of American political tradition, in which candidates for office—and above all, for the nation’s highest office—acknowledge their fallibility and limitations, asking for the help of their fellow Americans, and of God, to accomplish what they cannot do on their own.

But when Trump said, “I am your voice,” the delegates on the convention floor roared their approval. When he said, “I alone can fix it,” they shouted their approbation. The crowd peppered his speech with chants of “USA!” and “Lock her up!” and “Build the wall!” and “Trump!” It booed on cue, and cheered when prompted. It seemed, in fact, to chafe—eager to turn a made-for-TV speech into an interactive rally, and frustrated by Trump’s determination to stay on script. Not every delegate cheered; some sat stiffly in their seats. But there was no question that the great bulk of the delegates on the floor were united behind Trump—and ready to trust him.

The most striking aspect of his speech wasn’t his delivery, even though his tone often strayed over the line, from emphatic to strident. It wasn’t the specific policies he outlined, long fixtures of his stump speech. It was the extraordinary spectacle of a man standing on a podium, elevated above the surrounding crowd, telling the millions of Americans who were watching that he, alone, could solve their problems.

And the crowd cheered.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-receiving-purple-heart-gift-easier/story?id=41069056

Quote:In the wake of a New York Times report delving into his military deferments, Donald Trump said that receiving a Purple Heart as a gift is much easier than being awarded it for being wounded during military service.

Speaking at a rally in Ashburn, Virginia, the GOP presidential nominee said that a man approached him and handed him his Purple Heart.

"He said, 'That's my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.' And I said, 'Man, that's, like, that's, like, big stuff.' I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier," Trump said.

Trump has been embroiled in a controversy with the parents of slain Army Capt. Humayun Khan for appearing to compare his success in business with their sacrifice of losing their child. Compounding the fallout is Trump's history with the military: He received five draft deferments, four for education, another for a medical injury. But the report in The New York Times raises questions about the credibility of his claims.

Trump claimed to have received a doctor's note proving that he had bone spurs in his heels. However, when the Times asked him for a copy of the report, he could not provide the doctor's name, and requests for the documents were not answered.

In an interview with ABC News' Martha Raddatz on "This Week" in July 2015, his answer to a question about when he received a lottery number for the draft raised more questions.

"I was then entered into the draft, because if I would've gotten a different number, I could've been drafted. I was fortunate, in a sense, because I was not a believer in the Vietnam War," Trump said. "I got a very, very high draft number."

Raddatz interjected that the lottery didn't begin until 1969 and that he had deferments before the lottery.

"I was entered, excuse me, excuse me. I was entered into the lottery, the draft lottery," he said. "If I would've gotten a low number, I would've been drafted. I would have proudly served. But I got a number, I think it was 356, that's right at the very end. And they didn't get, I don't believe, past even 300."

But if he had a medical exemption, as the Times reported, his lottery number would have been irrelevant.

Except...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-thanks-supporter-who-gave-1470152086-htmlstory.html

[Image: 080216.jpg]
(08-02-2016, 03:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-receiving-purple-heart-gift-easier/story?id=41069056

Except...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-thanks-supporter-who-gave-1470152086-htmlstory.html

[Image: 080216.jpg]

He then proceed to kick a mother an dher baby out of the hall after telling her it was okay her baby was being fussy. Then changing his mind and telling her to get out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-02-2016, 04:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He then proceed to kick a mother and her baby out of the hall after telling her it was okay her baby was being fussy. Then changing his mind and telling her to get out.

Hilarious

He's an idiot.  Is there another word for it?
(08-02-2016, 04:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He then proceed to kick a mother an dher baby out of the hall after telling her it was okay her baby was being fussy. Then changing his mind and telling her to get out.

Yea, he goes on about how great the baby is, how the mom is worried about it crying but its ok.

Then he says "no, take it out of her. She thought I was being serious when I said crying babies are ok?"

I mean, he did say it's not his job to raise his kids. He doesn't give a **** about babies.

(08-02-2016, 04:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He then proceed to kick a mother an dher baby out of the hall after telling her it was okay her baby was being fussy. Then changing his mind and telling her to get out.
He probably kissed the poor little thing, causing it to be traumatized.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-02-2016, 04:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, he goes on about how great the baby is, how the mom is worried about it crying but its ok.

Then he says "no, take it out of her. She thought I was being serious when I said crying babies are ok?"

I mean, he did say it's not his job to raise his kids. He doesn't give a **** about babies.

Yeah, that was my thing, he dealt with it in such a shitty way. Don't want a screaming kid around? Fine, say so up front. Have a staff member say something, maybe even request children under a certain age not be there in the information. But the way he did it was just slimy.

It's really weird, that probably more than anything else to me showed him to just be a shitty person. I don't agree with him politically or share a lot of his opinions, but I can still respect you as a person in that case. When you do things like that, though, it is evidence you aren't a good person.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR