Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Thread
Melania just Rick rolled everyone.
(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Turned it off when due up was someone who makes duck whistles and Chachi for a discussion on national security.

(07-18-2016, 11:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Now that an underwear model has joined the conversation, Rudy is on stage. Says Americans should be tired of the vicious negative campaign. Apparently he does not listen to Trump's campaign.

Only former Republican nominee present is Bob Dole. First GOP convention without a Bush in 40 years.

(07-18-2016, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rudy is blaming Gaddafi being kicked out of power on Hillary.

(07-18-2016, 11:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Melania is up.

Something tells me you didn't turn it off. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2016, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rudy is blaming Gaddafi being kicked out of power on Hillary.

Oooh... that's a sharp move.
I believe there may be some emails on Wikileaks to back that up.
I know for sure there were emails in which she stated she wanted to unseat Assad, for Israel's interests.
I just can't remember the Gaddafi/Libya references.
(07-18-2016, 11:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Now that an underwear model has joined the conversation, Rudy is on stage. Says Americans should be tired of the vicious negative campaign. Apparently he does not listen to Trump's campaign.

Only former Republican nominee present is Bob Dole. First GOP convention without a Bush in 40 years.

Bob Dole was under the impression he was going to a Cavs game. He won't be there tomorrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I will say the Benghazi theme is a little to much. As Melania (hit) spoke it occurred to me, That the candidate that is married to a foreigner is considered a racist and bigot; while the one married to a white boy from Arkansas is not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-18-2016, 11:37 PM)jason Wrote: Bob Dole was under the impression he was going to a Cavs game. He won't be there tomorrow.

He might be, if they hide his pen.
Ninja
Says respect is an important moral. Says veterans should be honored and has a moment to applaud Bob Dole. I'm sure she wouldn't think it's respectful to call veterans losers because they were POWs.

Speech lacked substance. She'll be applauded for the language barrier, but it wasn't as humanizing of a speech as Ann Romney's was in 2012.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2016, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Something tells me you didn't turn it off. 

It was off from 8:30-10. Turned it on to see the keynote address, but Rudy ran over time.

(07-18-2016, 11:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He might be, if they hide his pen.
Ninja

Ha.

My folks got their pictures taken with him in DC years ago. He was holding the pen in the picture too. This wasn't a professional photo or anything. Just a pic out on some street.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-18-2016, 11:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Says respect is an important moral. Says veterans should be honored and has a moment to applaud Bob Dole. I'm sure she wouldn't think it's respectful to call veterans losers because they were POWs.

Speech lacked substance. She'll be applauded for the language barrier, but it wasn't as humanizing of a speech as Ann Romney's was in 2012.

I thought it was funny that some of it was potentially plagiarized. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/288274-melania-trump-speech-plagiarized-paragraph-from-michelle-obamas-2008
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-19-2016, 07:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought it was funny that some of it was potentially plagiarized. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/288274-melania-trump-speech-plagiarized-paragraph-from-michelle-obamas-2008

"Potentially"?

What a joke this entire campaign is.  And his followers are eating it up with no idea they are buying snake oil.

It's hilarious.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2016, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: "Potentially"?

What a joke this entire campaign is.  And his followers are eating it up with no idea they are buying snake oil.

It's hilarious.

The BBC covered it pretty well: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36832095?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

The Tweet in there about if you had done that as an undergrad you would have been expelled is very correct. Most honor codes would have called for at the least suspension for that.

But, since plagiarism has been pointed out before by people on the political stage and their followers have tried to dismiss it as nothing to be concerned about, I see nothing that will come from this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-19-2016, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: "Potentially"?

It's hilarious.

Yea, there's no potentially. It's nearly word for word. What is great is that it is the section on values and respect, lol.

(07-19-2016, 08:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The BBC covered it pretty well: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36832095?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

The Tweet in there about if you had done that as an undergrad you would have been expelled is very correct. Most honor codes would have called for at the least suspension for that.

But, since plagiarism has been pointed out before by people on the political stage and their followers have tried to dismiss it as nothing to be concerned about, I see nothing that will come from this.

It's not JUSt that she literally took it word for word for a couple paragraphs.  It's that she gave it at the convention too!   Smirk

I'm having people post videos to me showing Obama using the same line as other speeches and saying "they all use the same speech writer".  A stump speech somewhere is bad...at the convention the same as was originally given is hilarious!
(07-19-2016, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's not JUSt that she literally took it word for word for a couple paragraphs.  It's that she gave it at the convention too!   Smirk

I'm having people post videos to me showing Obama using the same line as other speeches and saying "they all use the same speech writer".  A stump speech somewhere is bad...at the convention the same as was originally given is hilarious!

Deval Patrick came out and said he told Obama to use the same lines he used 2 years prior when his opponent accused him of "just words" as Hillary had accused Obama. 

(07-19-2016, 09:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Deval Patrick came out and said he told Obama to use the same lines he used 2 years prior when his opponent accused him of "just words" as Hillary had accused Obama. 

Hilarious

Even better!

Oh I wish I had the stomach to watch any of these sideshows....
(07-18-2016, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say the Benghazi theme is a little to much. As Melania (hit) spoke it occurred to me, That the candidate that is married to a foreigner is considered a racist and bigot; while the one married to a white boy from Arkansas is not.

In all fairness, Trump has also married and divorced an American woman and another one of those foreigners. I guess Hillary could have left Bill in the 90s and diversified her marital resume, though.
(07-19-2016, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Trump has also married and divorced an American woman and another one of those foreigners. I guess Hillary could have left Bill in the 90s and diversified her marital resume, though.

Yeah that wouldn't have been legal in most states til last year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

All political convention speeches sound a lot alike to me.

I don't see the big deal about the third Mrs Trump using the same pap that Michelle did.
Wow. I though Pat was joking. They really did have a swamp running "celebrity" and Scott Baio speak last night. The Hulkster must have been busy. A year ago I thought Trump would never make it this far. I'm so glad he did now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021