Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
Hated to see Lyanna go down, but she went out like a G.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hated to see Lyanna go down, but she went out like a G.

When your the last of your Line you should at least get a good send off like Lyanna and Sir Jorah(who had a great send off dispite leading the charge vs the WW's)

So them 12 guys with the Night King were pretty much useless.
Reply/Quote
Additional survivors (or so I'm told):
Ghost
Grey Worm
Missandei
Varys
Jaime
Brienne (you can tell I'm copying the list because the name is spelled correctly)
Sansa
Gendry
Samwell
Gilly
Tormund
Podrick
Drogon & Rhaegal (yup, they are saying they both made it)

I wouldn't have expected all of those to survive.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
L assume last night's episode was simply setting the stage for the last 2 episodes just as the first set up the following 2.

Can anyone with more insight on the series tell me what of significance happen besides Dany's about to run out of dragons.

Stag dude got promoted and is sprung on Aryia and the women are becoming slim picking as there was a competition over Brianna

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: L assume last night's episode was simply setting the stage for the last 2 episodes just as the first set up the following 2.

Can anyone with more insight on the series tell me what of significance happen besides Dany's about to run out of dragons.

Stag dude got promoted and is sprung on Aryia and the women are becoming slim picking as there was a competition over Brianna

Ceresi killed her most trusted advisor.. (grey worms girl)
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: L assume last night's episode was simply setting the stage for the last 2 episodes just as the first set up the following 2.

I don't know. But I about tossed my cookies when Tyrion told Cersei "I know there is some good in you."

Interesting since that is what Brienne told Jaime, eh.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 01:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't know. But I about tossed my cookies when Tyrion told Cersei "I know there is some good in you."

ohhh I thought he was talking about his brother.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 01:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't know. But I about tossed my cookies when Tyrion told Cersei "I know there is some good in you."

So like Brienne, she's had some good in her.

Reply/Quote
Now that Jaime's broke her heart maybe theres a chance for the Giantsbane.
Reply/Quote

Dany's advisers have urged her to show restraint regarding the siege of King's Landing.  During the last 20 minutes of S8:E4, I would say you saw the last of her restraint fly out the window.  Did you see the look on her face after Messandei was beheaded?  We've all seen that, "I'm going to kill you" look on a woman's face.  Right?  

Plus the story has been hinting at her imagining traitors surrounding her just like her father, the Mad King, before her; who wanted to burn King's Landing before his death.  Sansa has already used Tyrion to get Varys to begin plotting against Dany's reign setting up a Jon vs. Dany climax with an unexpected betrayal and surprise ending.
Reply/Quote
Love the show and this season but thought 3 was filmed way too dark.

Know it was the long night, yet still.

Am good at guessing plots and such but GOT has thrown me for loops most every time.

Except knew the second Bran gave Arya the cat paws that she would kill night king with it. Also guessed that Jamie would end up with Brianna instead of the wildling. Only two things I have gotten right since the beginning.

Sure did not see the second dragon dying at that time. They have lots of sequel plots set up with Cersei being pregnant. and probably Arya, Daenerys, and maybe even Brianna as well. Two having royal blood and two having Lannister blood.

Knew it would not happen but thought it would be a cool twist to have them lose to night king and see all the marquee characters become wights.

Have no real big predictions from here other than Yara Greyjoy and Tormund and wildlings will intervene to help win battle.

If they win that is.

Edit and P.S. Where Ayra killed the night king was the exact same spot Bran gave her the cat paws dagger that she used to kill him with.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Also to who was asking who the prince foretold would be. Pretty sure it is Arya and the girl that died last night corrected the translation saying there was no gender in that language and that it could be prince or princess.

She has had a lot of help to get her were she is now, certain it was not coincidental.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:29 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. And also, trebuchets are siege weapons for battering castles and towns. Not real effective against troops in the open, especially troops that are charging. Maybe they took out a handful with the flaming boulders. In this case, though, they might have been more effective as firewood, eh.

That's another thing. Tens of thousands of dudes on horses waving flaming scythes about. I know it is fantasy. But in reality, some of them dudes are gonna be accidentally lighting their buddies and their horses on fire. That's just how humans function. There would be at least one Private Sad Sack in Row 299, Column 170 who would accidentally (or maybe on purpose) light the tail of the horse in front of him on fire, and that horse would rear throwing the rider with his flaming sword into the guy and horse next to him lighting them up, whose horse would then bolt forward into the guy in front of him.... etc. You get the picture. Humans do some dumb shit sometimes. And it's pretty clear that Dothraki don't exactly prize intelligence.

But, like I said, it is fantasy. Suspended disbelief. I still enjoyed the show.

Fragmentation rounds with dragon glass instead of grapeshot would be effective against wights in the open.  Even grapeshot might damage them enough to degrade their effectiveness at fighting.

Overall, I was disappointed in this episode.  First, I could barely see what was happening even with all the lights off.  I understand weather and light affect visibility during warfare and the Night King was using that to his advantage, but this is a TV show that relies upon the audience being able to see the show.  The editing was too choppy in addition to the scenes being too dark so I couldn't tell who was who or what the hell was going on.  I expected a better defense/battle plan.  Did they even have a military technical adviser?  Seemed like they could have sorely used one.  The Arya Hail Mary ending was pretty anti-climatic for me.

Speaking of Arya, her sex scene was the most disturbing scene I've watched on GOT.  We've practically watched her grow up from a little girl.  I was sitting there like, "Noooooooooo Arya, don't take your shirt off!"
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fragmentation rounds with dragon glass instead of grapeshot would be effective against wights in the open.  Even grapeshot might damage them enough to degrade their effectiveness at fighting.

Overall, I was disappointed in this episode.  First, I could barely see what was happening even with all the lights off.  I understand weather and light affect visibility during warfare and the Night King was using that to his advantage, but this is a TV show that relies upon the audience being able to see the show.  The editing was too choppy in addition to the scenes being too dark so I couldn't tell who was who or what the hell was going on.  I expected a better defense/battle plan.  Did they even have a military technical adviser?  Seemed like they could have sorely used one.  The Arya Hail Mary ending was pretty anti-climatic for me.

Speaking of Arya, her sex scene was the most disturbing scene I've watched on GOT.  We've practically watched her grow up from a little girl.  I was sitting there like, "Noooooooooo Arya, don't take your shirt off!"

didn't have any issue with the darkness people are complaining about

maybe its a TV setting you could check.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 01:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Also to who was asking who the prince foretold would be. Pretty sure it is Arya and the girl that died last night corrected the translation saying there was no gender in that language and that it could be prince or princess.

She has had a lot of help to get her were she is now, certain it was not coincidental.

arya is neither a prince or princess

She was sister and nice to a king but that doesn't make one a princess.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So like Brienne, she's had some good in her.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fragmentation rounds with dragon glass instead of grapeshot would be effective against wights in the open.  Even grapeshot might damage them enough to degrade their effectiveness at fighting.

Yeah, I had trouble seeing most of it too. Also, I was too lazy to change the settings on my screen because that would mean I would have to set the back again.

And I agree about the Arya scene. Maise Williams is 22, but she looks a LOT younger.

Could pretty much write a book on all of the strategy and tactics errors in the show. And what's up with sending the Dothraki's in head-on? Haven't they heard of 'flank' yet? Or maybe they "flunked flank", eh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFRzeGYzmk
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So like Brienne, she's had some good in her.

Like the James Bond hit Goldfinger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Seems like it might be Dany v. Jon. Don't think Jon was too happy with the way Dany took over the capitol.

Pretty much knew it was going to be the hound v. the mountain. Wonder if both are dead.

Does Jamie leading Cersi to her death count as being killed by a sibling?

Also, I realize there's another GOT thread in here called spoliers. One of my son'e friends who watches it with us read the "leaked" info before the show. I've never seen him so miserable watching an episode, but much to his credit he stayed mum.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like it might be Dany v. Jon. Don't think Jon was too happy with the way Dany took over the capitol.

Pretty much knew it was going to be the hound v. the mountain. Wonder if both are dead.

Does Jamie leading Cersi to her death count as being killed by a sibling?

Also, I realize there's another GOT thread in here called spoliers. One of my son'e friends who watches it with us read the "leaked" info before the show. I've never seen him so miserable watching an episode, but much to his credit he stayed mum.

Dany Made the list..........

she just dragged the norths name thru the mud of kings landing and the north wont forget.
Reply/Quote