Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(08-01-2017, 04:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Still, that means that Jon is going to go from Dragonstone, to Winterfell, presumably to Eastwatch by the Sea, and then to King's Landing. All over a span of the 4 remaining episodes.

Shoot, maybe the last three, it sure looks like Jon is staying in Dragonstone next episode.

Fast travel indeed.

Unless the previews for this season were teasing us with battles from the final season.

Well if we think about faster than snow rode to the eastwatch and then boated to dragon stone..

Jamie Lannister Rode from the Red Keep to Casterly Rock then marched to freakin high garden with an army.  (faster than dannys boats made it to casterly rock)

I cant wait for the books cause hopefully they will keep it a lot cleaner than whats going on now...

Now it just seems like they are giving us a little tid bit here and there so they can set up 1 pivotal point at the seasons end.  (quickly wrapping up lose ends...)
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 01:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: My big prediction of the day: Jaime will try to turn on Cersei at some point and she will have him killed.

Sorry brother (pun?) but Jaime will end up killing Cersei.  Remember the prophesy of the old witch, hands of gold killing Cersei?  Cersei always took that to mean Tyrion would try and kill her.  She's going to push Jaime too far one day and he's going to realize what a monster she is and end her.  Also, and I didn't notice this myself, but in episode one, on the map of Westeros, Jaime is standing on The Fingers and Cersei is standing on The Neck.  Jaime kills Cersei.  Smirk

Quote:Also, was sort of sad to see the old Queen Tyrell go. Sort of liked her sharp tongue calling people out. Plus, she offed Joffrey. Major love points for that act! ThumbsUp

She was certainly interesting.  I'd have liked Jamie to respond by saying the only thing he'd tell Cersei is that House Tyrell has been eliminated root, stem and branch.

BTW an overlooked kingdom is the Riverlands.  Freed of Lannister/Frey rule they will rally to John Snow, via Edmure, immediately.  I wonder if we'll get to see Edmure this season?  Lastly, Euron has become an entertainingly evil character.  Ramsey you loved to hate.  Euron has got some evil charisma, you sometimes find yourself actually enjoying how despicable he is.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well if we think about faster than snow rode to the eastwatch and then boated to dragon stone..

Jamie Lannister Rode from the Red Keep to Casterly Rock then marched to freakin high garden with an army.  (faster than dannys boats made it to casterly rock)

Jaime wouldn't have to ride all the way to Casterly Rock.  A raven sends the army his way and he meets them halfway, Tyrell lands are about halfway.  Given the distance indicated by the map this isn't that far fetched.  As to Euron, in the books he is possessed of powers from his journeys, an ancient horn to control dragons specifically.  Also, given House Greyjoys seamanship I can absolutely see them out sailing a slave trader armada.

Quote:I cant wait for the books cause hopefully they will keep it a lot cleaner than whats going on now...

Completely agree.  As one who has read the books in real time, meaning waiting eons for the new one, this will be an absolute joy for me.

Quote:Now it just seems like they are giving us a little tid bit here and there so they can set up 1 pivotal point at the seasons end.  (quickly wrapping up lose ends...)

Pretty much.  It hasn't been neat but it has been satisfying and entertaining.  Can one really ask more from an hour long TV show?

Also, am I the only one who wants all the Dothrakyi to die?  Seriously, eff those dudes, it is known.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry brother (pun?) but Jaime will end up killing Cersei.  Remember the prophesy of the old witch, hands of gold killing Cersei?  Cersei always took that to mean Tyrion would try and kill her.  She's going to push Jaime too far one day and he's going to realize what a monster she is and end her.  Also, and I didn't notice this myself, but in episode one, on the map of Westeros, Jaime is standing on The Fingers and Cersei is standing on The Neck.  Jaime kills Cersei.  Smirk

Yep, even if that part of the prophecy wasn't discussed on the show, she was told her sibling would kill him.

Quote:BTW an overlooked kingdom is the Riverlands.  Freed of Lannister/Frey rule they will rally to John Snow, via Edmure, immediately.  I wonder if we'll get to see Edmure this season?  Lastly, Euron has become an entertainingly evil character.  Ramsey you loved to hate.  Euron has got some evil charisma, you sometimes find yourself actually enjoying how despicable he is.

You can chalk that up to the fact that the majority of the war took place in the Riverlands and they were kind of poor to begin with, so there's not a lot of an army left. The Edmure part is a bit annoying, because Walder Frey says he still has Edmure captured during his feast last season, so he's not at Casterly Rock with his family. You'd think Arya would free her uncle and he could get his son who presumably was being raised at the Twins. Then he gathers the remaining Tully forces and, at the very least, has them take Riverrun to hold as winter comes. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 01:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep, even if that part of the prophecy wasn't discussed on the show, she was told her sibling would kill him.

Indeed.

Quote:You can chalk that up to the fact that the majority of the war took place in the Riverlands and they were kind of poor to begin with, so there's not a lot of an army left. The Edmure part is a bit annoying, because Walder Frey says he still has Edmure captured during his feast last season, so he's not at Casterly Rock with his family. You'd think Arya would free her uncle and he could get his son who presumably was being raised at the Twins. Then he gathers the remaining Tully forces and, at the very least, has them take Riverrun to hold as winter comes. 

This is true, however, Riverrun was held by a sizable garrison.  Agreed on Edmure though, I've been wondering where the holy F he is.  John Snow has three of the seven kingdoms (the Vale being untouched by war), Daenerys can kiss his ass.  The Stormlands have visrtually ceased to be discussed as well.  Perhaps the former Baratheon bannermen have been bled dry by Renly and Stannis.  Or plot hole.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 01:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.

This is true, however, Riverrun was held by a sizable garrison.  Agreed on Edmure though, I've been wondering where the holy F he is.  John Snow has three of the seven kingdoms (the Vale being untouched by war), Daenerys can kiss his ass.  The Stormlands have visrtually ceased to be discussed as well.  Perhaps the former Baratheon bannermen have been bled dry by Renly and Stannis.  Or plot hole.

I guess they want us to believe most of the Storm lords went to Stannis and died at Kings Landing or in the North. 

Reply/Quote
I'll be honest, I don't understand half the crap you guys talk about. I don't remember houses or alliances or where what is. But I do know that if Jamie walks out of Castle Rock with a 10,000 man army, and Dany had no spies or even observers to let her know, then she is a complete moron. And how much time elapsed between the Unsullied running through the gate, and their entire fleet being on fire? Where was the fleet that destroyed them hidden? You can see a sail from a long way away, and there are people on ships whose job it is to look for sails.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Jaime wouldn't have to ride all the way to Casterly Rock.  A raven sends the army his way and he meets them halfway, Tyrell lands are about halfway.  Given the distance indicated by the map this isn't that far fetched.  As to Euron, in the books he is possessed of powers from his journeys, an ancient horn to control dragons specifically.  Also, given House Greyjoys seamanship I can absolutely see them out sailing a slave trader armada.

Completely agree.  As one who has read the books in real time, meaning waiting eons for the new one, this will be an absolute joy for me.

Pretty much.  It hasn't been neat but it has been satisfying and entertaining.  Can one really ask more from an hour long TV show?

Also, am I the only one who wants all the Dothrakyi to die?  Seriously, eff those dudes, it is known.
No I want all the Dothrakyi Dead...  they are stupid and shirtless and winter is coming...

Danny already is down to just the savage horde and they will break when they run into a wall of steel.

Honestly no one has any leverage right now   except the lannisters.  Sure Danny has some Dragons  but they are not fine tuned war machines. and she has a big army stuck on a small island lol.    Maybe she will kill off Tyrion cause his plan basically took her out of the running for now for the throne.  (killing Tyrion then Danny somehow sacrificing herself for her kingdom... would be good to happen...)

I know its the song of Fire and Ice...    But that can all be jon snow danny isn't needed.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll be honest, I don't understand half the crap you guys talk about.  I don't remember houses or alliances or where what is.  But I do know that if Jamie walks out of Castle Rock with a 10,000 man army, and Dany had no spies or even observers to let her know, then she is a complete moron.  And how much time elapsed between the Unsullied running through the gate, and their entire fleet being on fire?  Where was the fleet that destroyed them hidden?  You can see a sail from a long way away, and there are people on ships whose job it is to look for sails.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dany gets news and then ambushes the Lannister army with the Dothraki and dragons either in this episode or the next.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 11:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if Dany gets news and then ambushes the Lannister army with the Dothraki and dragons either in this episode or the next.

Id be real interested in how they move that Dothraki army... I'd assume most of her boats where with the greyjoys headed to dorne  and greyworm headed to casterly rock..

At this point she will probly have to fly her dragons to kings landing lol...     Danny is a lost cause imo.  The way she talks like shes entitled to a chair in a country shes hardly ever seen  shows how close to her dad she is...

And completely pointless she cannot give the realm peace for long. as she has no Heirs and cannot produce one.  And the Dragons(house Targ) are well hated maybe not as much as the lannisters but they theres not much left to rally the support of anymore.

So even if successful it be a short reign that resulted in war for the throne again when she died.
Reply/Quote
"Chaos is a ladder"

The last 20 minutes of episode 4 are spellbinding. Wow!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 08:04 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "Chaos is a ladder"

The last 20 minutes of episode 4 are spellbinding. Wow!

I pulled up the leaked episode. I only watched the first minute or so of the last 20 minutes you're referring to. Had to stop... need to see it in HD. It may be one of the top 5 scenes ever.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 11:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I pulled up the leaked episode. I only watched the first minute or so of the last 20 minutes you're referring to. Had to stop... need to see it in HD. It may be one of the top 5 scenes ever.

One of the best episodes of the show so far id say....   Though it doesn't surpass the battle of bastards for me personally.   It was a pretty cool moment.

I wonder if that's what Jon snow suggested.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: One of the best episodes of the show so far id say....   Though it doesn't surpass the battle of bastards for me personally.   It was a pretty cool moment.

I doubt it. Everyone else has seemed pretty united in thinking that the dragons are best used as intimidation rather than actual force.

The only suggestion I think they might have given in regards to using the dragons would be to burn the supply lines, but Dany decides to use them against the infantry.

This is Dany's act three character arc, and it's a shame that it will feel rushed I think. Grappling with the prospect of becoming the mad queen will be an interesting struggle for her.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 11:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I doubt it. Everyone else has seemed pretty united in thinking that the dragons are best used as intimidation rather than actual force.

The only suggestion I think they might have given in regards to using the dragons would be to burn the supply lines, but Dany decides to use them against the infantry.

This is Dany's act three character arc, and it's a shame that it will feel rushed I think. Grappling with the prospect of becoming the mad queen will be an interesting struggle for her.

Well I just mean jon snow said don't start burning down cities and castles.... as lots of innocent people will be torched.

But an army of lannisters in the field is another thing.

She wasn't toooo smart with how she used her dragon.   But it was their first time
Reply/Quote
Bran to Littlefinger:

[Image: 14790521.gif]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: One of the best episodes of the show so far id say....   Though it doesn't surpass the battle of bastards for me personally.   It was a pretty cool moment.

It surpassed the Bastard Bowl for me personally. I mean maybe not as much from a visual & fighting viewpoint. But it was the first time after all these years we see the Dothraki in action in Westeros with a dragon helping blaze the way. It was like finally after all this freaking time it is actually happening, with Jaime & Bron to boot. Bron by the way is one of my favorite characters of the show, has been from the beginning. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It surpassed the Bastard Bowl for me personally. I mean maybe not as much from a visual & fighting viewpoint. But it was the first time after all these years we see the Dothraki in action in Westeros with a dragon helping blaze the way. It was like finally after all this freaking time it is actually happening, with Jaime & Bron to boot. Bron by the way is one of my favorite characters of the show, has been from the beginning. 

Hard not to like bron
Reply/Quote
Another thing, can spoilers for future episodes, no matter how vague, correct, or even incorrect that are based on leaks, just not be talked about in here? Make another thread or something, but this thread should be about episodes that have aired.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Another thing, can spoilers for future episodes, no matter how vague, correct, or even incorrect that are based on leaks, just not be talked about in here? Make another thread or something, but this thread should be about episodes that have aired.

But its fun to speculate where its going.
Reply/Quote