Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Gas Prices Near You?
I'm rooting for inflation.  Kids today have things too easy compared to how we had it.  It's time people stop being wimps and learn that life ain't one big party.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 09:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm rooting for inflation.  Kids today have things too easy compared to how we had it.  It's time people stop being wimps and learn that life ain't one big party.

To be fair, pandemic, near insurrection and the fear of world war III have done a good job of popping the party illusion bubble.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:18 AM)Stewy Wrote: To be fair, pandemic, near insurrection and the fear of world war III have done a good job of popping the party illusion bubble.

A million dead Americans, the death of our democratic process, and the threat of nuclear war have nothing on watching those digits on the gas pump spin. 

My wallet is more important than other people's lives. Also, Jesus is my homeboy. 
Reply/Quote
It's approximately $2.09/litre here in Barrie, which is equivalent to $6.20/gallon for you guys.

Still complaining about the price solely in the US and it being your president's fault?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 01:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's approximately $2.09/litre here in Barrie, which is equivalent to $6.20/gallon for you guys.

Still complaining about the price solely in the US and it being your president's fault?

Have you guys tried electing Trump?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is such BS. A President cannot take office on day 1, declare war on fossil fuels, start shutting down pipelines, close drilling on public lands, stop issuing exploration permits and drilling leases, piss off OPEC over coddling Iran, and then accept no blame when costs go up. 

1) There are plenty of public permits available for oil companies to use. Companies are not using them.
https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/biden-9000-unused-oil-drill-permits/

2) I'm assuming the Keystone XL pipeline is the one you're referring to that was shut down. There are plenty of people who have said the pipeline wouldn't have prevented gas prices from climbing to where they're at. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-the-keystone-pipeline-help-limit-rising-gas-prices-oil-cbs-news-explains/

[quote]Keystone XL, an expansion of an existing North American pipeline, would have carried 830,000 barrels of crude oil from Alberta, Canada, to Nebraska daily [/url]at its peak. At the time Mr. Biden halted its construction, the $8 billion expansion was only about [url=https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-keystonepipelinexl-builtandpai/fact-check-though-keystone-xl-pipeline-had-secured-most-of-its-funding-it-was-only-8-constructed-idUSL1N2LA2SQ]8% complete, according to Reuters. 

Yet many experts agree that moving ahead with the pipeline wouldn't have prevented U.S. gas prices from climbing to a record high. Expanding the Keystone would have increased global oil production by less than 1%, an amount, they explained, is "almost negligible." 
"I can see why people make that connection," Nemet said."But in terms of gasoline prices and global oil prices, it's just something it's better to just ignore because it would have no impact." 

Even if the pipeline was already built, it wouldn't help with the price at the pump, Nemet added, noting that the U.S. has already doubled its oil production over the last 15 years. "And yet, we still have $100 per barrel oil."[/quote]

3) Declaring a "war" on fossil fuels is heavily exaggerated. Biden saying he wants to get rid of fossil fuels doesn't mean it will actually happen, especially during his presidency. But why is it wrong to push for alternative, cleaner energy sources? It's not wrong that if if you don't have to rely on gasoline as much, these high gas prices wouldn't affect you as much (or at all if you don't use gas).

Look - The reality is Russia is the 2nd highest producer of oil in the world, and many countries are refusing to do business with them due to their war with Ukraine. So it's forcing more of the world to purchase from fewer suppliers. 
Also, COVID restrictions have lightened, so more people are driving, which increases demand.
Many of the oil companies have not increased production to match the demand, which also increases costs.
Add in inflation in general, which has contributed to higher prices.

I personally don't see what Biden has (or hasn't) done being the key culprit for high gas prices. If it was, I think this would be more of a problem for the US or North America, not across the world. I see the major factors being the Russia-Ukraine war, inflation, and the oil companies not ramping up production enough to match the higher demand yet.

But if you want to put the blame on Biden, that's your choice.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If conservatives are going to blame Biden for gas prices they should also praise him for easing the covid restrictions. This country totally shut down when Trump was in office and now we are open and back to work and back to business.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If conservatives are going to blame Biden for gas prices they should also praise him for easing the covid restrictions. This country totally shut down when Trump was in office and now we are open and back to work and back to business.

You're gonna make folks heads explode.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If conservatives are going to blame Biden for gas prices they should also praise him for easing the covid restrictions. This country totally shut down when Trump was in office and now we are open and back to work and back to business.
Maybe my memory is foggy on this but I thought the red states re-opened faster than the blue states.  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:07 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Maybe my memory is foggy on this but I thought the red states re-opened faster than the blue states.  

The point is that restrictions and regulations have been lighter under Biden than they were under Trump.  We were severely locked down during the Trump administration and now we aren't.  

Im saying I can see why people want to go back to Trump's gas prices but I dont see why they want to go back to Trump's lockdown.  I prefer things the way they are now. 
Reply/Quote

You are trying way too hard. The Dems run Congress and the Oval Office. If things are in the crapper they are going to take the blame. This isn’t new.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 03:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You are trying way too hard. The Dems run Congress and the Oval Office. If things are in the crapper they are going to take the blame. This isn’t new.

In that case let's just pretend gas prices are mass shootings or our broken medical system and just give up. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In that case let's just pretend gas prices are mass shootings or our broken medical system and just give up. 

Need more good guys with stethoscopes I suppose...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 02:13 PM)jason Wrote: Need more good guys with stethoscopes I suppose...

We are just really good at blaming global issues on our least favorite politicians while shrugging and declaring our domestic issues to be irreparable. 

America first?
Reply/Quote