Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Gashed by scrubs
Giving up 150+ to Noah Brown and 120+ to Singletary is embarrassing. Burrow played subpar today, the Boyd drop was a killer. Abandoned the run game again. Oh well, on to Baltimore.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Which proves they are nothing more than an average team. Better teams don't lose games they should win especially when that team has 8 players out/ injured.
Reply/Quote
Wer can forget having any tiebreakers now - this was a MUST win game and the D choked big time followed by the offense choking also. Burrow is back to being wild in his throws, Boyd drops 2 TDs and the line gets schooled by a mid at best DL. And our so called DL gets schooled by backups.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brown hasn't had a 150-receiving-yard game since last week. But yeah, this one stung. The team was just as crappy as they were good. I will say I like the Stroud kid and whoever made the choice to take Young over him should be unemployed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Because we have no running game. Our o line was garbage today and d line was worse. Texans deserved that win. We didnt just loss because Tyler dropped a TD.
Reply/Quote
Defense was not good but I give almost all the credit to Stroud. He's that good, already.

Now Burrow looked like the rookie today. He was nowhere near good enough to win this game. On a day when the opposing QB is having a phenomenal day.

That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep, but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made. Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.
Reply/Quote
Boyd had two big drops today. Just simply can’t happen.

Defense was leaving guys wide open in the middle of the field all day and never adjusted.

Scott always seems to be a step or two behind his man, also probably should’ve had that INT

If we can’t beat Houston at home we probably have no business making the playoffs, but full credit to them. They made the plays they needed to and won the game while our guys couldn’t

Edit: AFC is loaded at QB
Reply/Quote
That’s one of those games that’s gonna result in some temporary forum bans lol

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Eli apple. Nick Scott is just…wow
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:31 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Which proves they are nothing more than an average team. Better teams don't lose games they should win especially when that team has 8 players out/ injured.

Every team does that. Why is there no undefeated teams this year? Why did KC lose to the Broncos?
Reply/Quote
I’m done with Lou Anarumo. Here’s hoping he gets a head coach job elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Every team does that. Why is there no undefeated teams this year? Why did KC lose to the Broncos?

This game reminds me of the CLEV first game last year. We started crappy, then started rolling. laid a turd against CLEV. It was our last lost of the season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As bad as we were today (we were ***** terrible)

We still did enough to win Boyd dropping the TD Burrow throwing the picks it was still right there.

No point crying about it now on to a huge game Thursday just have to pray Adam and Trey will be good to go.

I don’t think we will play as poorly as that again all season.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are nothing more than an average team. After Thurs nite their record will prove it. 5-5. Average.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: That’s one of those games that’s gonna result in some temporary forum bans lol

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Eli apple. Nick Scott is just…wow

They don’t even play the same position.

Reply/Quote
How quickly everyone forgets that horrible Stroud INT that could’ve (should’ve?) cost them the game.
He’s a good young QB but he was throwing to guys who were open by 5 yards for most for the game.

This was a terrible defensive effort today. They got one stop late but that’s it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: As bad as we were today (we were ***** terrible)

We still did enough to win Boyd dropping the TD Burrow throwing the picks it was still right there.

No point crying about it now on to a huge game Thursday just have to pray Adam and Trey will be good to go.

I don’t think we will play as poorly as that again all season.

Better hope not, as it'll be a fat L if we do.

Almost like a worse version of the AFCCG for me. We played better in Kansas, but I felt they were clearly better on the day and we had big plays at the right times to keep it a game. Same with today, there was a chasm between the two teams, and big plays at the right time kept the game closer than it 'should've' been.

Win in Baltimore is the way around this game. Best you can say is going 2-1 against SF/BUF/HOU would've been happily accepted 3 weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This game reminds me of the CLEV first game last year. We started crappy, then started rolling. laid a turd against CLEV. It was our last lost of the season. 

Let's hope that we win out and have a 13-4 record at the end of the season lol
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:42 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Better hope not, as it'll be a fat L if we do.

Almost like a worse version of the AFCCG for me. We played better in Kansas, but I felt they were clearly better on the day and we had big plays at the right times to keep it a game. Same with today, there was a chasm between the two teams, and big plays at the right time kept the game closer than it 'should've' been.

Win in Baltimore is the way around this game. Best you can say is going 2-1 against SF/BUF/HOU would've been happily accepted 3 weeks ago.

The Bengals have never played in Kansas.

This was the same as the Mike White game, period.

And it's not the refs' fault we lost, but Jesus Christ call a goddamn hold.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The Bengals have never played in Kansas.

This was the same as the Mike White game, period.

And it's not the refs' fault we lost, but Jesus Christ call a goddamn hold.

I got attacked in Game Day for noting the similarity to the Mike White debacle. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Defense was not good but I give almost all the credit to Stroud. He's that good, already.

Now Burrow looked like the rookie today. He was nowhere near good enough to win this game. On a day when the opposing QB is having a phenomenal day.

That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep, but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made. Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.

Their stat lines were actually way closer than I thought.

- Stroud

23/39, 356 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 87.1 passer rating

- Burrow

27/40, 347 yards, 2 TD’s, 2 INT, 90.3 passer rating

The difference was Stroud ran one in, Burrow had the 2nd pick (killer), and the Texans actually had a running game.

Reply/Quote