Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno
Geno is beginning his search for a new team.
Who signs him?

How much does he get and how long a deal?

He is 33 years old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Probably a strong contender on a one year "prove it" type deal. My money would be on Seattle/Tampa Bay/Cleveland/Kansas City.

He could probably get a longer deal with a worse team, but I'd imagine he'd rather win after being in Cincinnati so long.
Reply/Quote
Please not in the AFCN. Suck to see him in one of those uniforms. Does AZ need a DT? I could stomach that since they’ve got 20 other former bengals already
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 07:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Please not in the AFCN. Suck to see him in one of those uniforms. Does AZ need a DT? I could stomach that since they’ve got 20 other former bengals already

Agreed on the NFC Bengals, I mean Cardinals, and absolutely agree on the not the AFCN stance.  Unfortunately, I see him going to the Browns.  He gets the chance to stick it to this coaching staff twice a year on a contender that has a need at the inside of the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
Probably will be a team that has injury issues on the DL during camp and needs bodies into the season. Id say hes not on a roster till after the 2nd round of preseason games. I agree on a 1 year deal. Maybe a 1 year and option deal but that would be it. A team where he only has to play 35% or so of the defensive snaps is key.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots or Bills pursued him. BB has spoken very highly of Geno in the past. As weird as it would be to see him in another uniform, it would actually be pretty cool to see Geno win a playoff game. If there's a single guy from the Lewis era who deserves a playoff win, it's Geno. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 04:17 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots or Bills pursued him. BB has spoken very highly of Geno in the past. As weird as it would be to see him in another uniform, it would actually be pretty cool to see Geno win a playoff game. If there's a single guy from the Lewis era who deserves a playoff win, it's Geno. 

I was thinking the same thing with NE. They run a 4-3, right? KC possibly. It doesn’t seem like he’s a fit with our scheme so it’s gotta be a team like that I would think.
Reply/Quote
Rumors are one of these five... Browns, Cowboys, Vikings, Packers, Raiders.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/nfl-trade-rumors-5-landing-spots-geno-atkins

Old article though... Looks like the Cowboys are the likely landing spot.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 02:18 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Rumors are one of these five... Browns, Cowboys, Vikings, Packers, Raiders.

Old article though...  Looks like the Cowboys are the likely landing spot.

Dallas just lost their best DT on a DL already with issues. My guess is they are trying to sign Geno.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 02:18 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Rumors are one of these five... Browns, Cowboys, Vikings, Packers, Raiders.

Old article though...  Looks like the Cowboys are the likely landing spot.

could see zimmer trying to bring in geno... But dallas seems the most likely i agree.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: could see zimmer trying to bring in geno... But dallas seems the most likely i agree.

Those two were the teams I thought of first. Wish him the best just hope he lands in the NFC as Leonardfan40 said.

Not in the Division please.
Reply/Quote
Geno is paying a visit to the Seahawks today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: Geno is paying a visit to the Seahawks today

Fits.
Reply/Quote
Cowboys told Geno no. They were not interested. I'm sure Carlos will be lobbying for him in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: Geno is paying a visit to the Seahawks today

Is anyone else surprised Geno is still available?

Seattle coaches are very creative. I heard on NFL radio yesterday they have special ways now to use the athleticism of Dunlap.

Coaching does matter.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Cowboys told Geno no. They were not interested. I'm sure Carlos will be lobbying for him in Seattle.

Do you have a link?

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 12:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you have a link?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/geno-atkins-bengals-star-visit-seahawks-reveals-dallas-cowboys-news

Quote:FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys have their cut to 85 coming up on Tuesday, and they have their apparently need at defensive tackle ...

And we have a "no'' on former Cincinnati Bengals captain and eight-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Geno Atkins.
Atkins has been given medical clearance to play in 2021 after having sustained a shoulder injury prior to the 2020 season that limited the effectiveness of the long-time Cincy standout.
Interestingly, the medical clearance comes from Dr. Dan Cooper, who happens to also work for the Cowboys.
And yet Dallas' answer to CowboysSI.com on the idea of signing Atkins is a "no.''
The 33-year-old was more of an afterthought for the Bengals in 2020, playing in just eight games and as he moves on, it's the end of an era in Cincinnati. As he made $11 million last season in Cincinnati, the Cowboys' research that lands them at "no'' might have something to do with knowing what he wishes to be paid. It might have a great deal to do with the assumption of a decline as he moves through his 30s.
Reply/Quote
Geno just needs to come home, sign a 1 yr. prove it deal, and retire a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Geno just needs to come home, sign a 1 yr. prove it deal, and retire a Bengal.

He won't play here because they won't use him properly.  Geno was one of the best 3T defensive linemen in the league for years, but Lou decides to line him up head-to-head on the center.

Same reason Dunlap left.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 12:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is anyone else surprised Geno is still available?

Seattle coaches are very creative. I heard on NFL radio yesterday they have special ways now to use the athleticism of Dunlap.

Coaching does matter.

Coaching matters a lot more when the player being coached actually tries.
Reply/Quote