Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Burrow a real Oline!!!
(01-30-2023, 02:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you think Prince would have been better in this game? I remember him doing a good job on Maxx Crosby in the WC game last year.

The answer is yes. Adeniji needs to be on a fast train out of town.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And what's the probability of the Bengals playing in 2 AFCCGs and a SB without Chase's big plays?

Bro, Sewell caught a ball this year. Anyone can do it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:50 AM)Synric Wrote: Boxes this season said run and the Bengals couldnt run. I want a new run game coordinator.

Frank has a game every now and then like vs the Bills that keeps him as RGC, I guess...?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:50 AM)Synric Wrote: Boxes this season said run and the Bengals couldnt run. I want a new run game coordinator.

Ran great against Buffalo. Hard to do much when Zac only calls 13 runs in a (close) game.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:33 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Adeniji needs to GTHO. He sucks.

Would not mind trying Jonah at LG or RT. I don't think he's a LT but he could still be a great player somewhere else on the line. A lot of people said he would be a better guard coming out of the draft due to his short arms.

RT the only spot we have open. Other than LT anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:55 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bro, Sewell caught a ball this year. Anyone can do it.

But have you seen Chase block? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:58 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: RT the only spot we have open. Other than LT anyways.

Kaleb McGary had a good year at RT and is a free agent. Maybe try to go after him.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ran great against Buffalo. Hard to do much when Zac only calls 13 runs in a (close) game.

They did but that was really an outlier overal. The Run Scheme has been awful and we all seen early this season it started as disconnected as it was in 2021. 

I'm gonna push it all offseason. Wanna take Joe to the next level? Give him an offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:35 AM)Synric Wrote: They did but that was really an outlier overal. The Run Scheme has been awful and we all seen early this season it started as disconnected as it was in 2021. 

I'm gonna push it all offseason. Wanna take Joe to the next level? Give him an offense.

Yes. I think Mixon is on the decline. Perine is ok, but not the answer.

I'd probably draft a wr in 2nd or 3rd Round. Next year could be Highins last year here.

Here's a crazy idea...what if we waive Mixon and add Saquon Barkley? He's a free agent.
Reply/Quote
When Collins finishes rehabbing his knee, is his perpetually bad back going to be any better? Will he be quicker against speed rushers? I highly doubt it.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:49 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its not much different because Jonah gets beat like a drum on a regular basis and you still have Adeniji playing RT and you still have Volson playing LG.

Even when healthy, this line only has 2 good linemen with Cappa and Karras.  Williams is not very good and neither is Volson.  Collins is a disappointment.  The Bengals need to improve at all 3 of those O-line positions.  Maybe you give Carman the shot at LT but the LG and RT spot need to be upgraded in the offseason.

Jonah plays well against KC. But I’m sure you’ll ignore that point
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Calling something a dumb take and then posting this. Lol. This scenario? Sewell hasn't missed a single offensive snap in his career so far.

"Tony Gonzalez would be hurt because Tyler Eifert was always hurt. Vonn Bell would be hurt because Bob Sanders was always hurt." What? Lol Just because a player is fragile and often hurt doesn't mean literally anyone else playing his position would also be hurt. 

So you're going with, "Sewell is impervious to injury."    Switching out players makes just as much sense as switching out schedules.  Sewell has 33 starts in a weak division.  That doesn't mean that he would have endured 40 starts of AFC North and playoff football.  Williams was injured in a playoff game after starting every game where he wasn't rested the last two seasons.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And what's the probability of the Bengals playing in 2 AFCCGs and a SB without Chase's big plays?

I don't know.  I heard that Sewell threw a block in their 29-0 loss to the Patriots that very nearly might have lead to a score.

I was absolutely in the Sewell camp prior to the draft but there's just no question that Chase has been a game changer.  However good Sewell is or will be, you can't argue that he's had that kind of impact in his first two seasons.

Mahomes is going to the SB behind a line built largely in free agency.  We could have done the same but for injuries.
Reply/Quote
At this point I just don’t think Jonah will ever be strong enough to man LT. Carmen has looked better there. I wonder if either him or Jonah can play RT though. And I wonder how soon Cappa can return.

Worst part of the season was the serious injuries up front. Not so sure those guys will be ready to go next year. Depth up front will be key.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:47 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Move Jonah out of town he is terrible. i think he let up more sacks than other tackle in the league.

Than if I was Duke I would find a trade partner. The league is desperate for tackles and Jonah is i his final year of his rookie contract. CarMAN can handle the LT position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:07 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: When Collins finishes rehabbing his knee, is his perpetually bad back going to be any better? Will he be quicker against speed rushers? I highly doubt it.

Agree not optimistic about Collins he was bad at the start of the year. He’s a good run blocker but not a great pass blocker in my opinion. Far as injures I agree he will be slower with the ACL and he’s basically been hurt 3 years in a row. Hopefully there will be a good RT in the early rounds of the draft we can get, figure all the good LT will be gone plus I think Carmen is intriguing and wasn’t that bad last night.
Reply/Quote