Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimme your 53
(08-28-2022, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And how great does he have to look to bump Perine?  

Evans has never done anything on either the college or NFL level that would indicate he is a better RB than Perine.

Really like how he is looking on returns though.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 07:58 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Only trouble with that is, you have to want to play to get better. 

well all accounts coming into this season and in preseason Carman has been working at his craft and a clearer focus than last year. but results matter in the end.. still time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Browning won job as well but oddly don't see him receiving it over Allen.

Like Bfine 53 but would like to see 4 RB kept

The bengals really did not have a competition at QB like Punter, if they did, Browning would have played more with 2nd team and against 2nd team... he did enough to warrant Practice Squad though. and Allen did not have a terrible camp of ints, etc.. it was evident early that our 2nd team Oline was not going to give much help to Allen in passing game or in running game
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The bengals really did not have a competition at QB like Punter, if they did, Browning would have played more with 2nd team and against 2nd team... he did enough to warrant Practice Squad though. and Allen did not have a terrible camp of ints, etc.. it was evident early that our 2nd team Oline was not going to give much help to Allen in passing game or in running game

True but it's my opinion they should have and not just handed Allen the reigns as you've pointed out.  

Plus to be fair the O-line was not giving Browning much help either. Yet he made solid passes under pressure and looked calm and collective while doing so as well. 

Agree with you though that Browning was not given a real chance to win this spot and the job was always going to default back to Allen. 

Personally am more comfortable rolling with Huber for another year than Allen, even though Im perfectly fine with replacing Huber. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 06:23 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Brandon Allen ceiling is Jake Browing's floor. Jake 2nd year player Allen 6th year both had same stats basically so go with the youth and higher ceiling.

See Brandon Allen has been in here thumbing down your posts again BengalsBong. Mellow

(08-28-2022, 07:18 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: For such a massive human, Shelvin gets stopped in his tracks or redirected from the action way too easily.  Mellow

No doubt, I saw much more from Dominic Davis against the Rams.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane is Shelvin from what I have seen so far.

(08-28-2022, 07:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, Hobson cited a different PFF grade, the run-blocking grade, as an indication that Carman "appeared to step up."

"Although Carman gave up a sack and was called for a hold, he appeared to play pretty well other than that and had PFF's second-best run blocking grade on the team behind right tackle Hakeem Adeniji. There seems to be momentum indicating Volson is going to get the nod against the Steelers, but someone forgot to tell Carman. He appeared to step up."

https://www.bengals.com/news/kevin-huber-drue-chrisman-punter-battle-heads-up-roster-questions

This is what I saw from Charmin, gonna call him this until he steps up lol

Still he was better than that PFF grade for sure. Same with Gilliam. I like that Trey Hill is playing decent.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: See Brandon Allen has been in here thumbing down your posts again BengalsBong. Mellow

No doubt, I saw much more from Dominic Davis against the Rams.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane is Shelvin from what I have seen so far.

This is what I saw from Charmin, gonna call him this until he steps up lol

Still he was better than that PFF grade for sure. Same with Gilliam. I like that Trey Hill is playing decent.

PFF doesn't seem to be a fan of either Volson or Carman in the pass block department, but they do seem to be fans of their run blocking.

Volson:
65 pass snaps, 32.7 grade
36 run snaps, 74.6 grade

Carman:
65 pass snaps, 25.8 grade
28 run snaps, 66.2 grade

If going by PFF, Volson won out, but neither have been good pass blocking through the preseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF doesn't seem to be a fan of either Volson or Carman in the pass block department, but they do seem to be fans of their run blocking.

Volson:
65 pass snaps, 32.7 grade
36 run snaps, 74.6 grade

Carman:
65 pass snaps, 25.8 grade
28 run snaps, 66.2 grade

If going by PFF, Volson won out, but neither have been good pass blocking through the preseason.

Thanks Ocho. Hope these guys can improve in the pass blocking department cause yeah, they haven't been good at it.

Bring in somebody is still my vote. There are veteran players who can at the very least upgrade our depth. Spain, Hopkins
already know the system, Ereck Flowers is an upgrade as far as PFF numbers show. Could trade for Wynn etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True but it's my opinion they should have and not just handed Allen the reigns as you've pointed out.  

Plus to be fair the O-line was not giving Browning much help either. Yet he made solid passes under pressure and looked calm and collective while doing so as well. 

Agree with you though that Browning was not given a real chance to win this spot and the job was always going to default back to Allen. 

Personally am more comfortable rolling with Huber for another year than Allen, even though Im perfectly fine with replacing Huber. 

Not all competition is equal we know that, Browning was given a good amount of reps but he never performed at such a high level l to supercede Allen , just as Allen never played so bad ie int, fumbles etc.. to loss the job to him
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 05:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not all competition is equal we know that, Browning was given a good amount of reps but he never performed at such a high level l to supercede Allen , just as Allen never played so bad ie int, fumbles etc.. to loss the job to him

Allen threw a should of been pick 6 against the Rams. Good thing that guy plays Defense that should of took it to the house.

He made a couple great throws before that but I find Browning to be better in every aspect and I like his swagger.

Don't give me Macaroni BS either, I like how Browning throws on the run and how he can extend plays. He is smart.
Reply/Quote
4 RBs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: 4 RBs

Trayveon shown more than Patrick, I get it.
Reply/Quote
glad he made it....

Reply/Quote
There will be some guys who may be on IR/PUP to start the season who would otherwise have a shot at the 53, or be on it (CTB, Prince, Bachie, Kareem, B. Wilson, Wilcox, etc), which could open spots for others (George, Johnston, Spence, M. Thomas, etc) that could be temporary. 

Even so, the 53 we have today will not be the 53 we have next Tuesday. I'd love to add some real OL depth (OT, OG, or even C) or a healthy TE. 
Reply/Quote
Carman listed #1 on the depth chart @LG.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Allen threw a should of been pick 6 against the Rams. Good thing that guy plays Defense that should of took it to the house.

He made a couple great throws before that but I find Browning to be better in every aspect and I like his swagger.

Don't give me Macaroni BS either, I like how Browning throws on the run and how he can extend plays. He is smart.

What BS.. my statement was solid.. Browning had a nice camp but he had to have a super star camp which he did not.... unless Allen just completely tanked.. which he did not... 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What BS.. my statement was solid.. Browning had a nice camp but he had to have a super star camp which he did not.... unless Allen just completely tanked.. which he did not... 

Dehner indicated this move had A LOT to do with Joe and his comfort with Brandon Allen as his sideline sidekick during games.  Joe really likes how Brandon thinks and communicates during the game

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What BS.. my statement was solid.. Browning had a nice camp but he had to have a super star camp which he did not.... unless Allen just completely tanked.. which he did not... 

Allen waits till he's playing in the regular season to tank. He sucks. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: 4 RBs

And only 5 wrs. That seem a little light to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There will be some guys who may be on IR/PUP to start the season who would otherwise have a shot at the 53, or be on it (CTB, Prince, Bachie, Kareem, B. Wilson, Wilcox, etc), which could open spots for others (George, Johnston, Spence, M. Thomas, etc) that could be temporary. 

Even so, the 53 we have today will not be the 53 we have next Tuesday. I'd love to add some real OL depth (OT, OG, or even C) or a healthy TE. 

Nice post agree with everything you say here.

I see us also adding at least 1 WR as we cut Mike Thomas and Trent Taylor.

OL depth is a must.

(08-30-2022, 05:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Carman listed #1 on the depth chart @LG.

Interesting.

If that DB would of held onto that interception I could argue it was a tanking Preseason from Allen. He was bad man.

What I said wasn't BS, he sure did nearly throw a pick 6 against the Rams the DB just dropped it, was a terrible throw 
and Browning was clearly better in most everyone's eyes this Preseason, Plitt too I thought was better than Allen.

(08-30-2022, 06:05 PM)pally Wrote: Dehner indicated this move had A LOT to do with Joe and his comfort with Brandon Allen as his sideline sidekick during games.  Joe really likes how Brandon thinks and communicates during the game

Yeah, it sure isn't on field play in the Preseason why Brandon Allen is still here...

Hey, is good at calling the coin flip!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:21 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: And only 5 wrs. That seem a little light to me.

Maybe they played to use Evans more out wide as a 3rd rb/extra WR?
Reply/Quote