Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
(12-27-2019, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord, the jury is still out on Taylor for one simple reason - talent.

The offensive line was looking pretty good until - Cordy got a concussion that lasted several months, Boling retired, Jonah got injured.  The offense might have had a shot if they had a healthy O-line and AJ wouldn't have missed the entire season.

I don't know what to think of Taylor yet.  I don't know too many guys that could have won with this offense.  That being said, they have played for him and haven't given up.  I said from the beginning of this year that I don't think this is the year to judge him on, next year will be the true barometer.

I'd understand if we went 5-11 with some flashes of offense somewhere. Instead, we're 1-14 with the worst offense in football. The talent isn't that bad. Mixon is a top 10 RB. We gave Tyler Boyd a 4 year, $43 million deal. We gave Uzomah a 3 year, $18 million deal. Dalton - regardless of your opinion of him - is good enough to win with. Ross and Tate have been solid at WR2.

Yet here we are. Yeah the line is bad, but that's been the story for 4 years now. This is the worst this offense has been even with a bad line. Again, if we were 5-11 with say...the 20th ranked offense, I'd be more understanding. Instead, we're 26th in yards and dead last in points. Dalton put up his worst ever passer rating. Taylor stunk this year, and provided very little reason to hope 2020 will be better, beyond Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams returning.

We'll probably see Taylor get a shot with Burrow and a slightly better line, mainly because Mike is slow to fire coaches, but I definitely would give him a VERY short leash going forward, and as a fan - I don't think Taylor is going to be the answer. If we see a massive turnaround next year, I'd have to wonder if we really were tanking in 2019.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Don't care about him and want Burrow.

You're striking out. ThumbsUp

Yep. I'm ecstatic about Burrow, and Dalton got 9 years as starter in Cincy, which is plenty. He set all kinds of records for the team and I wish him well, but 100% ready to move on. It's just time. I do find it kinda funny that people think they "won" the Dalton debate because we're finally moving on after 9 years. 

Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd understand if we went 5-11 with some flashes of offense somewhere. Instead, we're 1-14 with the worst offense in football. The talent isn't that bad. Mixon is a top 10 RB. We gave Tyler Boyd a 4 year, $43 million deal. We gave Uzomah a 3 year, $18 million deal. Dalton - regardless of your opinion of him - is good enough to win with. Ross and Tate have been solid at WR2.

Yet here we are. Yeah the line is bad, but that's been the story for 4 years now. This is the worst this offense has been even with a bad line. Again, if we were 5-11 with say...the 20th ranked offense, I'd be more understanding. Instead, we're 26th in yards and dead last in points. Dalton put up his worst ever passer rating. Taylor stunk this year, and provided very little reason to hope 2020 will be better, beyond Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams returning.

We'll probably see Taylor get a shot with Burrow and a slightly better line, mainly because Mike is slow to fire coaches, but I definitely would give him a VERY short leash going forward, and as a fan - I don't think Taylor is going to be the answer. If we see a massive turnaround next year, I'd have to wonder if we really were tanking in 2019.

Thank you.

That is where I'm at about Taylor.

There is nothing that has shown creativity or impressed me yet to this point with Taylor.

The Bengals are my team obviously so I want to be wrong.

I'm more in fear that The Family picked the wrong guy for HC.

By saying that...  all of a sudden I'm a Marvin lover?

He hasn't done anything better than Marvin yet.  FACTS.

The same goes around these boards about Dalton.

I want a change and for the better.  With or without Dalton.  I don't care.  It doesn't mean I'm in the damn Dalton Gang.

There are a couple of posters on here where it's black or white mentality.

Keep up with the middle school mentality gymnastics guys.  You're super to somebody.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:34 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

For all of you guys in "wait mode" on Zac and judging his coaching abilities.

You have a drive that Mixon is willing his way down the field looking like the stud we know he is.

So then what does Taylor do at the goal line...  pass 3 times?!?

What. A. Moron.

If anything this just goes to show he has no business being an OC let alone a HC.

Not to mention that crazy 4th and 1 where we lined up in Shotgun and ran Dalton to get him picked up and killed.

Craziness, maybe if Taylor didn't take on the OC responsibilities we could judge his coaching.

He evidently took on too much, another mistake. Get a new coach in here ASAP. Rivera please.
Reply/Quote
It's funny how perception affects people.

Some feel that Zac is in way over his head.

1-14 is the evidence and the teams position groups declining give proof of his lacking abilities.

Others feel that since point margins were low in some games that he's real close to being the answer if he gets the players.

The lower point margins are the evidence and injured players/lack of talent are an acceptable excuse.

There is truth in there somewhere in between. Not exactly one or the other.

Yet here we are. At each others throats. Picking sides.

Why can't it be that ZT is not the answer, and picking a talented QB in the draft is?

Is it because we realize in our heart of hearts that Mike Brown will sail the damn ship into the iceberg even if he sees it shimmering in the moonlight?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's funny how perception affects people.

Some feel that Zac is in way over his head.

1-14 is the evidence and the teams position groups declining give proof of his lacking abilities.

Others feel that since point margins were low in some games that he's real close to being the answer if he gets the players.

The lower point margins are the evidence and injured players/lack of talent are an acceptable excuse.

There is truth in there somewhere in between.  Not exactly one or the other.

Yet here we are.  At each others throats.  Picking sides.

Why can't it be that ZT is not the answer, and picking a talented QB in the draft is?

Is it because we realize in our heart of hearts that Mike Brown will sail the damn ship into the iceberg even if he sees it shimmering in the moonlight?

We also had the hardest schedule this year. ZT in his second year, with a little more experience and Joe Burrow.... the wins will come.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We also had the hardest schedule this year. ZT in his second year, with a little more experience and Joe Burrow.... the wins will come.

I'm not ready to ax Taylor just yet,  but a primary reason we had the "hardest" schedule is our opponents are 14-1 against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What does everybody think?

Is Zac Taylor 1 and done?

0% he is fired.....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We also had the hardest schedule this year. ZT in his second year, with a little more experience and Joe Burrow.... the wins will come.

We lost to almost every team we faced, good or bad. Strength of schedule is irrelevant to a 1-15 team.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 12:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We lost to almost every team we faced, good or bad. Strength of schedule is irrelevant to a 1-15 team.

We lost twice to the worst Steelers roster weve faced in 20 years. Lost to a bad Browns team. Lost to the Raiders, Cardinals, Jaguars after they traded Ramsey.

Definately some bad teams we lost to.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 12:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We lost twice to the worst Steelers roster weve faced in 20 years. Lost to a bad Browns team. Lost to the Raiders, Cardinals, Jaguars after they traded Ramsey.

Definately some bad teams we lost to.

We started the year with a pair of encouraging losses, but I have to admit that back to back weeks of losing to winless Cardinals and Steeler teams took the shine of that apple.

Then again, schedules can really alter things.  2010 was a total mess and 2011 was a whizzbang great year but we only beat 2 winning teams either year, so meh.  At any rate, the 2019 Bengals showed they can lose to just about anyone, record be damned.

But back to ZT...maybe he gets his act together without that stanky Dalton dragging him down and with AJ Green off the bench, but it's also very possible that we look at 2020 as a year where "We can't judge Burrow because he had ZT as his coach."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 09:03 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Think about this,forget this season and the brownies,if they bring in a new qb and a new coach,who are they going to go after that wants this job as a HC with all the choking down of this lousy front office . Only in the nati are we without a REAL scouting dept and  for goodness sake a GM,THAT this front office does not know what that word
 means. We are so far behind EVERYONE in the nfl,its going to take years after he is gone to be legit.Bringing in a shiny new toy like Joe Borrow will not change things.ZT does not run the RPO AND wants to put three receivers out there and for the qb to step back there and have time to hit them.Dalton nor this horrible line has the time to do that and ZT refuses to change to running Joe and have rpo in place.Its insane.Did we really get so bad in one year we could not win but one lousy game against a terrible team???I do not look for much improvement next season,after all we are in the physical eat dog and kill cat all day long division.People outside of this division do not know what they are up against until they play the Afcnorth. One more losing season like this and all the good players we have are going to demand to be traded. Now that we are closer to the draft,alot of folks will believe we will strike GOLD and the championship is coming in 2020.Remember all other 31 teams get better too and they have real football people making the calls,living in the nati is pure torture.50 years and counting and no end in sight.

canyoupleasetryusingthespacebarafterperiodsandmaybeconsidersomeparagraphs(questionmark)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Play calling is not the reason Tate's catch percentage is among the very worst in the league.  And it isn't the QB either because other Bengal WRs are doing much better.

It is the QB. How many ridiculous catches has Tate made this year?

Catches that other receivers wouldn't have even gotten their hands on, which would have affected their "catch percentage". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, maybe not.....

And if they didn't...so what? He didn't do jack shit all year.

It was a stupid, wasted pick. He sure as hell didn't help the line. 

Reply/Quote