Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gresham is visiting the Saints
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/03/report-jermaine-gresham-visiting-saints/

I'm hoping he signs, because it's possibly the best situation for a TE in the NFL. They pass more than any team and Graham put up monster numbers there.

Can't wait to see how Gresh does. I know a lot of folks thought our system held him back. If he signs with the Saints, we'll see about that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Would love to see what Gresham does in the Saints offense just out of curiosity. Personally I think Gresham is average.
Reply/Quote
If he's mediocre there (which I suspect he will be), then there will be no more blaming coaches or schemes for his underwhelming performance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:37 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Would love to see what Gresham does in the Saints offense just out of curiosity. Personally I think Gresham is average.

Too soft, in my opinion, and can't block well (although he might not need to in that offense).

I think the Saints offense would be too uptempo for him and cause more mistakes, like fumbles.

I've been wrong before, though, so who knows.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll think twice before throwing any more balls in those particular stands.
Reply/Quote
Gresham could be a superstar with the saints assuming he is healthy and didn't lose a step. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets close to 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Never really got why we soured on him so much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Too soft, in my opinion, and can't block well (although he might not need to in that offense).

I think the Saints offense would be too uptempo for him and cause more mistakes, like fumbles.

When Gresh was out last year we replaced him with an olineman on the field, Gresh can block and is a long way from soft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When Gresh was out last year we replaced him with an olineman on the field, Gresh can block and is a long way from soft.

Agreed. He is a really good blocker. Don't know what others are seeing that I ain't?
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Too soft, in my opinion, and can't block well (although he might not need to in that offense).

That's a joke right? 
That is his one most redeeming quality. 
He's a better blocker inline than Marshall Newhouse was. 
Reply/Quote
It'll be interesting to see for sure. Can Payton coach the inconsistency and focus problems out of him? Those were his issues that held him back, not softness.
Reply/Quote
That offense, with that QB and that coaching. Gresh must feel like he died and went to football heaven if they sign him. I for one hope he post monster numbers so that it is clear to everyone that the issue is the "buddy" system of hiring coaches here in Cincinnati.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:37 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Would love to see what Gresham does in the Saints offense just out of curiosity. Personally I think Gresham is average.

Ida know...he may be average but he's also the most prolific and consistent TE the Bengals have had since _______!  I'm not sure.  I recall some murmurs about him getting some interest in AZ since they had another TE retire on them and a ho-hum TE go to the Browns(?)

Anywho, I find it interesting that people are able to act like a TE who is good for 4-6 TDs a year is average while salivating over the prospect of Eiftert and a 3rd round pick causing nightmares for opposing defenses. Meh, we shall see!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When Gresh was out last year we replaced him with an olineman on the field, Gresh can block and is a long way from soft.

Agreed. I've picked at Gresh for certain things. Toughness isn't one.

(06-04-2015, 12:32 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's a joke right? 
That is his one most redeeming quality. 
He's a better blocker inline than Marshall Newhouse was. 

Agree here too. He's really improved as a blocker of late. His PFF blocking numbers used to be terrible, but last year he was among the best if I'm not mistaken.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:03 AM)J24 Wrote: Gresham could be a superstar with the saints assuming he is healthy and didn't lose a step. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets close to 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Never really got why we soured on him so much.

If Gresh signs with NO, I'd be willing to make a sig bet (for fun) that this won't happen.

He's just too inconsistent as a pass catcher. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Gresh signs with NO, I'd be willing to make a sig bet (for fun) that this won't happen.

A bet that he doesn't hit 1000 yards and 10 tds? Or that he doesn't come close to those numbers? Fwiw I would define close as 800+ yards and 7+ tds.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Gresh signs with NO, I'd be willing to make a sig bet (for fun) that this won't happen.

Bring it! but nothing to embarrassing
(06-04-2015, 01:15 AM)Bryan Wrote: A bet that he doesn't hit 1000 yards and 10 tds? Or that he doesn't come close to those numbers? Fwiw I would define close as 800+ yards and 7+ tds.
What he said with the 800+ yards and 7 + TDs.
J24

Reply/Quote
Gresham is going to look better when he's not hanging back and taking up the slack Smith creates.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:15 AM)Bryan Wrote: A bet that he doesn't hit 1000 yards and 10 tds? Or that he doesn't come close to those numbers? Fwiw I would define close as 800+ yards and 7+ tds.

(06-04-2015, 01:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Bring it! but nothing to embarrassing
What he said with the 800+ yards and 7 + TDs.

You said 1000 yards and 10 td's, but I guess since I called you out on that, you realized those are some lofty goals.  Tongue 

I'll do 800 and 7 TD's. It's more realistic, but I don't see him hitting both. Especially 800 yards. What if he misses a few games? Can we average it out?
Reply/Quote
I heard their bench has padding. Win for him. Big Grin
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You said 1000 yards and 10 td's, but I guess since I called you out on that, you realized those are some lofty goals.  Tongue 

I'll do 800 and 7 TD's. It's more realistic, but I don't see him hitting both. Especially 800 yards. What if he misses a few games? Can we average it out?
How about 900 and 8? To make it closer to 1000 and split the difference.
If he misses more than 2 games we can average it out.
J24

Reply/Quote