Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gronk
Just seen a story on Yahoo that said Gronk said he wants to play with Burrow. YES PLEASE!! GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!

http://amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/rob-gronkowski-says-if-i-had-to-pick-a-quarterback-itd-be-the-young-buck-joe-burrow.html
Reply/Quote
Anything about All-Pro RGs or RTs saying the same thing?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Interesting.... would be cool to have two tight end sets as an option.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Well that’s interest. Gronk - Uzomah is much more appealing than Uzomah - Sample.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Anything about All-Pro RGs or RTs saying the same thing?

Ha, touché. I’m sure there are some out there, but this oline has gotten us this far. Imagine adding a tight end to get the ball out even faster with a few upgrades to the oline, Carman will have a year under his belt, maybe get Reiff back, add one or two more. It’ll come together.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:20 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Interesting.... would be cool to have two tight end sets as an option.

Who are you taking off the field to get Uzomah on?

Chase
Higgins
Gronk
Boyd
Mixon

Uzomah would be OJ Howard'd in that situation. Basically vanished from the team's production.

EDIT: Not to say I wouldn't make the move, though. I would take Gronk in a heartbeat. He would do WONDERS for the Bengals bad redzone offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
On another Note- Noah Fant has done nothing but sing burrows praises on Twitter. I think he’s under contract though.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Just seen a story on Yahoo that said Gronk said he wants to play with Burrow.   YES PLEASE!! GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!

http://amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/rob-gronkowski-says-if-i-had-to-pick-a-quarterback-itd-be-the-young-buck-joe-burrow.html

No. He's been trying to rip off benefits from military members/families. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who are you taking off the field to get Uzomah on?

Chase
Higgins
Gronk
Boyd
Mixon

Uzomah would be OJ Howard'd in that situation. Basically vanished from the team's production.

I'd take Boyd off the field.  Two tight end sets help with blocking so it would be situation or team dependent. 

This would only be a set they'd run 10-15% of the time
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: On another Note- Noah Fant has done nothing but sing burrows praises on Twitter. I think he’s under contract though.

Yeah, he has a 4th year and then almost certainly a 5th year option still. Feel bad for him that he can't get a real QB over there. He and Evan Engram are both kind of in TE purgatory, young, talented, but no real way to take the next step forward without at least average QBing.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'd take Boyd off the field.  Two tight end sets help with blocking so it would be situation or team dependent. 

This would only be a set they'd run 10-15% of the time

That's with the line we have now. We will address that in the offseason.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No. He's been trying to rip off benefits from military members/families. 

But he's special.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No. He's been trying to rip off benefits from military members/families. 

I’m lost? Are you talking about the insurance commercials? I mean they obviously came to him for those commercials. I don’t really care what these guys do off the field short of rape/murder violence. It’s football, it’s a game, i could care less if their political stance or the commercials they are in
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Uzomah would be OJ Howard'd in that situation. Basically vanished from the team's production.

EDIT: Not to say I wouldn't make the move, though. I would take Gronk in a heartbeat. He would do WONDERS for the Bengals bad redzone offense.

Howard was the 3rd best TE behind Gronk and Brate, Uzomah would be number 2.

It would obviously need to be reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m lost? Are you talking about the insurance commercials? I mean they obviously came to him for those commercials. I don’t really care what these guys do off the field short of rape/murder violence. It’s football, it’s a game, i could care less if their political stance or the commercials they are in

Harleydog is obviously joking.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's with the line we have now. We will address that in the offseason.

I don't think you pass on Gronk regardless... the more weapons the better. 

+

As an extension of Brady anything of VALUE that Gronk can bring to the table would be awesome

+

We can relegate Sample to 3rd string :)
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't think you pass on Gronk regardless... the more weapons the better. 

Yeah, he’s one of the best complete ends in the game. Great blocking and of course great in the red zone. Huge big body target!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m lost?  Are you talking about the insurance commercials?  I mean they obviously came to him for those commercials. I don’t really care what these guys do off the field short of rape/murder violence.   It’s football, it’s a game, i could care less if their political stance or the commercials they are in

Dude. 

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Howard was the 3rd best TE behind Gronk and Brate, Uzomah would be number 2.

It would obviously need to be reasonable.

Brate has a total of 527 yards in the 2 years with Gronk despite playing all 33 games. Balance that against the Bucs throwing for 10,159 yards in those 2 years. Gronk basically ate up all the TE production on that team.

Any #2 TE isn't going to have much of a role if you have 3 legit WRs and Gronk. Not sure how keen Uzomah would be on taking a big paycut from $6.1m/yr after a career best year, but you can't let your #2 TE (who would be your #6 receiving threat) be eating up a good sized chunk of your salary cap.

Reply/Quote
Awesome. Suit him up for Sunday.
Reply/Quote