Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
(12-22-2023, 05:29 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Lol, you neglected to say Clark said to the syeeler fans, "it is not going to get better"," you should have respected this man", "you should have cherished this man". 

I agree with Clark, once Tomlin is gone then pure mediocrity begins.Popcorn

No, once Tomlin moves on, his new team and the rest of the NFL is going to find out what people in Pittsburgh have know for a decade. He's an enabler of bad behavior and a mediocre coach whose teams are consistently are unprepared and underperform, largely because of his shortcomings. 

I don't doubt that he's a nice guy and probably a genuinely good-dude, but his coaching style is horrible. He's like the parent that parents as if they are the kids best friend. 

The fact that George Pickens will go largely unpunished (I think he'll either not start and miss a series up or be benched for a quarter) when he unapologetically admitted to taking plays off because he's scared of injury, is all you need to know. 

Also, Im old enough to remember when Noll was going trough the same thing on his way out. Although Steelers were underperforming, a lot of people were scared of the unknown and were saying the same things about him (who are you going to get? You'll miss him etc). In Cowher's very first year, he took that underperforming bunch to the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 07:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No, once Tomlin moves on, his new team and the rest of the NFL is going to find out what people in Pittsburgh have know for a decade. He's an enabler of bad behavior and a mediocre coach whose teams are consistently are unprepared and underperform, largely because of his shortcomings. 

I don't doubt that he's a nice guy and probably a genuinely good-dude, but his coaching style is horrible. He's like the parent that parents as if they are the kids best friend. 

The fact that George Pickens will go largely unpunished (I think he'll either not start and miss a series up or be benched for a quarter) when he unapologetically admitted to taking plays off because he's scared of injury, is all you need to know. 

Also, Im old enough to remember when Noll was going trough the same thing on his way out. Although Steelers were underperforming, a lot of people were scared of the unknown and were saying the same things about him (who are you going to get? You'll miss him etc). In Cowher's very first year, he took that underperforming bunch to the playoffs. 

Also, I am old enough to remember when Cowher was going through the same thing on his way out. Although the Steelers were underperforming[8 wins-8 loses], a lot of people were scared of the unknown and were saying the same things about him (who are you going to get? You'll miss him etc). In Tomlin's very first year, he took that underperforming bunch to the playoffs. In his second year, they won a Superbowl. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought the complaint with Tomlin was that he couldn't achieve more than mediocrity?!

Either way, I hope it does get worse once they get rid of him!

PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn

CheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheers

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...160828-003]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 05:24 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Also, I am old enough to remember when Cowher was going through the same thing on his way out. Although the Steelers were underperforming[8 wins-8 loses], a lot of people were scared of the unknown and were saying the same things about him (who are you going to get? You'll miss him etc). In Tomlin's very first year, he took that underperforming bunch to the playoffs. In his second year, they won a Superbowl. 

I've seen this defense of Tomlin before. Yes, some people were grumbling about Cowher, but it's largely wrong. 

The 2006 8-8 Steelers were not under performing. They started slow (2-6) because of a bunch of injuries. As they got healthy, the started to surge (6-2) down the stretch and almost made the playoffs. They were not underperforming. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 09:26 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I've seen this defense of Tomlin before. Yes, some people were grumbling about Cowher, but it's largely wrong. 

The 2006 8-8 Steelers were not under performing. They started slow (2-6) because of a bunch of injuries. As they got healthy, the started to surge (6-2) down the stretch and almost made the playoffs. They were not underperforming. 

In the History of team sports. Nobody is going to look at the details of what a team did in a specific year. What they will see when they read the history books is that in 2006 the Steelers went 8-8, that's it case closed. 

[Image: 2006-nfl-standings.png]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6KStutzLrdsb3msUQHzW...g&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 05:32 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...160828-003]

He won that with Cowher's players. If I remember, there were 10 of 11 starters on defense that were from Tomlin. Ben, as well, obviously.

He hasn't done much (anything) that has been impressive in 17(?) seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:29 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: In the History of team sports. Nobody is going to look at the details of what a team did in a specific year. What they will see when they read the history books is that in 2006 the Steelers went 8-8, that's it case closed. 

[Image: 2006-nfl-standings.png]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6KStutzLrdsb3msUQHzW...g&usqp=CAU]

And that is precisely why people will say wrong things like Tomlin inherited an underperforming team. 
Reply/Quote
**** you all and your stupid ***** shitty football team with your stupid ***** cheerleader coach and your jackass WRs who you stupid ***** coach doesn't have the balls to bench. **** you, **** your city and **** every piece of shit person in your entire franchise. You lose to two 10 loss teams then you're all of the sudden a good team with that ***** Rudolph under center? **** off. You'll go back to losing next week and continue being the shitty average franchise you are. 

In closing, eat shit and die. And i don't just mean eat shit and die i meant eat shit, die and **** off. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 07:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: **** you all and your stupid ***** shitty football team with your stupid ***** cheerleader coach and your jackass WRs who you stupid ***** coach doesn't have the balls to bench. **** you, **** your city and **** every piece of shit person in your entire franchise. You lose to two 10 loss teams then you're all of the sudden a good team with that ***** Rudolph under center? **** off. You'll go back to losing next week and continue being the shitty average franchise you are. 

In closing, eat shit and die. And i don't just mean eat shit and die i meant eat shit, die and **** off. 

[Image: 26a011c8-d6f3-4f57-8d3c-7431615668ab_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 07:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: **** you all and your stupid ***** shitty football team with your stupid ***** cheerleader coach and your jackass WRs who you stupid ***** coach doesn't have the balls to bench. **** you, **** your city and **** every piece of shit person in your entire franchise. You lose to two 10 loss teams then you're all of the sudden a good team with that ***** Rudolph under center? **** off. You'll go back to losing next week and continue being the shitty average franchise you are. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Classic butthurt Rfaulk
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On the bright side Steelers Mike Tomlin winning season record is 1 win away...

Treadmill team with a 4th place schedule <3

Let's see what the Bengals do with a 4th place schedule next year... #1 seed for sure
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 09:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: On the bright side Steelers Mike Tomlin winning season record is 1 win away...

Treadmill team with a 4th place schedule <3

Let's see what the Bengals do with a 4th place schedule next year... #1 seed for sure

That fourth place schedule affects a total of three games.  And there’s no way of telling whether any of those other fourth place teams will improve in the coming year.  For example, AFC teams that finished in fourth place in 2020 had to play the eventual AFC champion Bengals in 2021 as part of their ‘last place schedule’.  
Reply/Quote
Literally **** your own face.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Literally splooge on my face.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4204i2.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Lol someone drank A LOT of beer tonight. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol someone drank A LOT of beer tonight. 

I'd hate to be his ex-girlfriend when he's in one of these moods.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol someone drank A LOT of beer tonight. 

I haven't had a drop of alcohol today. I'm just tired of your shitty team getting lucky against the Bengals after shitting the bed against really bad teams. OC is a mongoloid *******? Let's change him out right before the Bengals game. Backup QB is a pole smoking shit-for-brains? Let's start a different guy against the Bengals. Mason Rudolph is a dick sucking little ***** that will, given another chance next week, completely **** up and look like the fraudulent ***** he is and has always been. Najee (however the **** you spell his stupid name) Harris is as mid as they get for RBs. George Pickens will be out of the league and probably dead within 5 years, he's such a stupid **** up. 

Your orgainization is just, and will for a long time be, average fucktards that will find a nut every now and then like the average blind squirrel. No playoffs this year. No playoffs next year, or the year after. Enjoy that cheerleader Omar Epps Jr ********* and your forever mid record with him from now on. 

Forever 9-8.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I haven't had a drop of alcohol today. I'm just tired of your shitty team getting lucky against the Bengals after shitting the bed against really bad teams. OC is a mongoloid *******? Let's change him out right before the Bengals game. Backup QB is a pole smoking shit-for-brains? Let's start a different guy against the Bengals. Mason Rudolph is a dick sucking little ***** that will, given another chance next week, completely **** up and look like the fraudulent ***** he is and has always been. Najee (however the **** you spell his stupid name) Harris is as mid as they get for RBs. George Pickens will be out of the league and probably dead within 5 years, he's such a stupid **** up. 

Your orgainization is just, and will for a long time be, average fucktards that will find a nut every now and then like the average blind squirrel. No playoffs this year. No playoffs next year, or the year after. Enjoy that cheerleader Omar Epps Jr ********* and your forever mid record with him from now on. 

Forever 9-8.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are way too emotionally invested in an organization that pays you nothing. You still have to go to work next week. 
Reply/Quote