Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
(11-13-2017, 01:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/930082759711903744

Burfict wont be suspened, which if I remember correctly, the NFL has to do after an ejection? So this is them saying how erroneous the flag was, or them still now know what the f*** they are doing?

Was Green suspended after his ejection? No.
Reply/Quote
My opinion, the call was BS, but Burfict has to be smarter than that. If I'm the coach, I suspend him this week like the Jags did Fournette last week and give him a chance to mull it over. Maybe it would do him some good, and maybe the league takes notice of the Bengals taking some initiative here.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:25 AM)McC Wrote: He's a big symptom of the disease.  If that's not concerning, you aren't really paying attention.

It's all Andy's fault. Ninja Muahaha

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember thinking that there was a slim possibility that Burfict might not have been down and ran out of the back of his own endzone for a safety and/or he was going to get some sort of delay of game penalty for taking the football and running into the locker room.  That was more about me thinking that the Bengals looking like they were going to win a playoff game over the Steelers was too good to be true and something stupid was going to ruin it (so I was right, but just a bit early there) rather than me being anti-Burfict.

Ok, I watched the highlights and it's clear he was down but in the heat of the moment, well...I was expecting some sort of epic fail.

Yeah you were just off by one play.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Was Green suspended after his ejection? No.

Yeah, I know. I remember reading an article around these new rules and thought they had something along the lines of if a player is ejected during a certain quarter, they would be suspended the next game (or more). Most of mis-read that because I can't find that anywhere. I think may of been reading high school rules, or I am losing my mind lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/Local12Jed/status/929828664178610177/video/1

You can hear them.

Much better video than I seen earlier and he's an dumbass for stepping on dudes arm he needs to go!

I didn't watch the game as I'm done for the season! 

Might be done for good after watching this team go right back into the 90s!

I've been a Bengals fan for fifty years and I can't go through another 90s or lost decade which ever you refer it to!

You would have thought M.Brown would have learned from the 90s but he must be senile because he made the same mistakes that he did in the 90s by not paying the offensive lineman just like he's doing now!

First he let Max Montoya go then Joe Walter then the O-Line went to shyt just like letting Big Z and Whitworth go and history repeats itself again fvck M.Brown!!!!!!    Welcome back into another lost decade!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah you were just off by one play.  

It's funny/sad because I was watching it with a pal of mine who is a Steelers/Packers fan and he when Burfict got that he was like "Wow, congrats on finally getting a playoff win" and I said "I hope I'm wrong, but I'm still thinking the Steelers drive it into winning field goal range aided by at least one, possibly by Burfict, personal foul."  When that very thing happened I just shrugged and said "I'm glad someone else was here to recognize that I said that."

Bonus points because I was wearing my 1990 Central Divisions Champs shirt at the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:01 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Much better video than I seen earlier and he's an dumbass for stepping on dudes arm he needs to go!

I didn't watch the game as I'm done for the season! 

Might be done for good after watching this team go right back into the 90s!

I've been a Bengals fan for fifty years and I can't go through another 90s or lost decade which ever you refer it to!

You would have thought M.Brown would have learned from the 90s but he must be senile because he made the same mistakes that he did in the 90s by not paying the offensive lineman just like he's doing now!

First he let Max Montoya go then Joe Walter then the O-Line went to shyt just like letting Big Z and Whitworth go and history repeats itself again fvck M.Brown!!!!!!    Welcome back into another lost decade!!!!

He didn't step on the dude's arm, he stepped on Pacman's ankle!! HAHA!!!!! Look closer.

Burfict is a mild problem compared to everything else on this team.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He barely touched the guy out of bounds and the call for contacting the ref was nonsense especially when we saw a titan wrap his arms around one. Plenty of reason to bail on Burfict if you want but don’t base it on today.

Yeah , I was sitting here reading this thread thinking the same thing. Last week it was a phantom facemask penalty at the goal line that involved no facemask

This weeks Bs is when he bumps a guy when there are like 6 people all in the same area out of bounds. They never even showed him touching the ref as they claimed.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the game or just see the penalties in the stat line and base if off that.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He didn't step on the dude's arm, he stepped on Pacman's ankle!! HAHA!!!!! Look closer.

Burfict is a mild problem compared to everything else on this team.

Our "defensive leader" who is consistently getting fiend and keeps on acting like a child after the whistle, even though he's well aware he has a target on his back is a mild problem?

We just signed this guy to a contract extension and now he's playing poorly at MLB. This isn't mild, it needs to stop. The coaches need to move him back to ROLB, and he needs to grow up. Because when we inevitably gets himself suspended again and hurts our defense, it will be a serious problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Trade him to Minnesota.  Mike Zimmer will civilize him.

I bet Ole Zimmer would give us a 2nd rounder for him in a heartbeat !!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:39 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah , I was sitting here reading this thread thinking the same thing. Last week it was a phantom facemask penalty at the goal line that involved no facemask

This weeks Bs is when he bumps a guy when there are like 6 people all in the same area out of bounds. They never even showed him touching the ref as they claimed.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the game or just see the penalties in the stat line and base if off that
The video CLEARLY shows him stepping on the guy's arm.....but I'm sure the deniers will point out that he had no idea that this 270 pound guy, who Burfict just was on top of, was even there. Honest mistake. 

Bottom line...Burfict isn't good enough for this team to put up with his selfish and childish Bulls**t. He doesn't care how his crap affects the team, and anyone that doesn't think he's a dividing force in the locker room is kidding themselves. (Remember, this is the same guy that went low on teammate during a wrap up drill and then pushed his coach when he was reprimanded. Ya think there weren't a few players pissed off at him about the playoff game?)

His gesturing and laughing heading into the locker room after being ejected was just plain punk. He just doesn't care, plain and simple.
When you take into consideration his contribution to the team vs everything else, he's a net liability. There are plenty of other linebackers out there that can contribute just as much as he does, without all the bulls**t. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:05 PM)BMK Wrote: The video CLEARLY shows him stepping on the guy's arm.....but I'm sure the deniers will point out that he had no idea that this 270 pound  guy, who Burfict just was on top of, was even there. Honest mistake. 

Bottom line...Burfict isn't good enough for this team to put up with his selfish and childish Bulls**t. He doesn't care how his crap affects the team, and anyone that doesn't think he's a dividing force in the locker room is kidding themselves. (Remember, this is the same guy that went low on teammate during a wrap up drill and then pushed his coach when he was reprimanded. Ya think there weren't a few players  pissed off at him about the playoff game?)

His gesturing and laughing heading into the locker room after being ejected was just plain punk. He just doesn't care, plain and simple.
When you take into consideration his contribution to the team vs everything else, he's a net liability. There are plenty of other linebackers out there that can contribute just as much as he does, without all the bulls**t. 

[Image: lNEg8.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:05 PM)BMK Wrote: The video CLEARLY shows him stepping on the guy's arm.....but I'm sure the deniers will point out that he had no idea that this 270 pound  guy, who Burfict just was on top of, was even there. Honest mistake. 

Bottom line...Burfict isn't good enough for this team to put up with his selfish and childish Bulls**t. He doesn't care how his crap affects the team, and anyone that doesn't think he's a dividing force in the locker room is kidding themselves. (Remember, this is the same guy that went low on teammate during a wrap up drill and then pushed his coach when he was reprimanded. Ya think there weren't a few players  pissed off at him about the playoff game?)

But, but, but the Steelers do it.  But but but but...swagger?  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But, but, but the Steelers do it.  But but but but...swagger?  

How fitting is it that the Bengals finally get an intimidator right after it's outlawed?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:16 PM)McC Wrote: How fitting is it that the Bengals finally get an intimidator right after it's outlawed?

Outlawed?  Well, it's outlawed here but Burfict is going to go to the Steelers and then tear Dalton's head off and then the NFL will penalize one of our players and give Burfict a bronze star of courage.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is going NOWHERE!!! He IS the only team member who lays it all on the line. AJ Green is behind him 100%!

Reply/Quote
I'm a Burfict fan, but I've been saying this for awhile. The guy involves himself with too much stupid shit. It's completely unnecessary. I don't think he's stupid, he just won't stop doing stupid things. He wants to be an intimidator, he seems to enjoy being the villain. The problem is, he also likes to be the victim. He doesn't take ownership of what he does. He blames everyone else and how the league has it out for him. If he believes that, why give them every opportunity to come at you?

He does hurt the team. Whether it be the penalties, negative print for the team, or missing games because of suspension. None of that is helping the Bengals and none of it is helping his teammates. He could be so much more if he would just stay within the rules. Occasionally overstepping or toeing the line would be different, but the guy just isn't happy with that. Yes, there are times he is flagged for shit that he shouldn't be, but there are times he doesn't get flagged when he should. Pittsburgh was a prime example. I'm not even talking about the kick, later in the game when the FB Nix was coming up behind him, Burfict looked back over his shoulder and then smacked Nix in the head. Of course Nix cried for a flag, but there wasn't one thrown. So for all of the conspiracy theories, he does get away with some of his bullshit antics as well.

On this team, with this coach, and this owner/GM, he has been enabled to act like this. Teammates like Adam Jones encourage and enable this as well. In a good situation with a stronger culture, I think Burfict may have come around. On this team, he is what he is.
Reply/Quote
I see the media narrative is causing some of you to break with your opinions.

Is he being targeted or isn't he?

To me it appears he is.

And regardless of what happened in the past, specifically 2015 when the heat started really coming down due to STEELERS injuries.......

It has never been as bad as it is made out to be.

Exactly one player has missed time due to a "dirty" Burfict hit.

A Brown. 1 game.

Meanwhile on the Steelers sideline..concussion enforcers everywhere.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I see the media narrative is causing some of you to break with your opinions.

Is he being targeted or isn't he?

To me it appears he is.

And regardless of what happened in the past, specifically 2015 when the heat started really coming down due to STEELERS injuries.......

It has never been as bad as it is made out to be.

Exactly one player has missed time due to a "dirty" Burfict hit.

A Brown. 1 game.

Meanwhile on the Steelers sideline..concussion enforcers everywhere.  

Yes, he's being targeted.  But it's way past being a matter of what's right or wrong.  It's a matter of what is.  Until recently, he was a pain in the ass who made plays.  Now he's just a pain in the ass.  When will he just grow the **** up?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote