Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

The Bengals lack FOCUS....Lack of FOCUS lost the 2015 season Play-Off Game in Cincinnati against Steelers, Bengals had lead with little time left.  Bengals gave game way in last minute due to NO FOCUS, especially Burfict and Pacman in that one.  Burfict often loses FOCUS.  Then there is Marvin Lewis.  Is he a head coach or just a wooden cigar store Indian ?  I Never, Ever see Lewis grab players going insane and out of focus and take them aside, calm them down, yell at them, do something to get control of the team.  Marvin loses control of the team in Play-Off Game or other games and he just stands there as if to say, " What can I Do ".   I remember Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche even Bruce Coslett would not just be standing there like Marvin as players and the team lose focus. 

Some will defend Burfict on here.  Some will say a ticky tacky call.  OK, the second one was pushing the ref.  That's just stupid.  Also over on the sidelines yelling when he was suppose to be gone was stupid. Then as he left he was yelling at Tennessee Fans, and that is very stupid.   Of course I heard announcers in that Steelers Play-Off Game say Burfict running the wrong way down the field with the ball, through the end zone and into the exit was stupid because Refs could call that a safety, 2 points for Steelers and Bengals have to punt ball to Steelers.  Of course this was followed by the Burfict and Pacman real stupid that lost the game. .....You could easily make a long video of Burfict not playing very smart football.  Some Fans love that about him.  Why they love stupid football, I do not know.  You would think fans would rather get some wins. 

I will add that it is said Burfict makes this defense.  That is strange because this team has won a lot during his suspensions over the years.  I can see saying Atkins and Dunlap really make this defense.  I'm not convinced Burfict is a future Hall of Famer and a One Man Defense as some act like he is.   I have seen the defense look good without him.  Actually, once Burfict left the Tennessee game, the Bengals got back in the game and were better without him in this game, as they have been in other games over the years.  When Bengals started 2015 season 8-0, I'm pretty sure Burfict was suspended or injured or both for most of that 8-0 start to season. I would use that as an example that he is not all that needed, especially how in play-off game that 8-0 season his losing focus was not a good thing as Bengals just gave Steelers a short game winning field goal on 30 yards of stupid penalties on one play. 30 yards, Big Ben didn't even have to move them into field goal range as time ran out. That team started season 8-0 without him, and yesterday Bengals looking awful got back in the game once Burfict off the field and in the locker room.

Mike Brown has had and continues to have players without Focus. Fans have loved these type players but with the lack of focus comes the 27 years and counting of no play-off win. The sad thing is in the 27 years most of the players had focus, but the few without focus were enough to upset the apple cart.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Quote:Of course I heard announcers in that Steelers Play-Off Game say Burfict running the wrong way down the field with the ball, through the end zone and into the exit was stupid because Refs could call that a safety, 2 points for Steelers and Bengals have to punt ball to Steelers.

What moron said that?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The "get off me, bro" push off with his arm after the official put his arm up to seperate Burfict and Conklin from jawing at each other.

Dude Burfict's mouth did not move not one time I watched the video to see if he said anything to Conklin the Ref is just a dirty Ref who probably got paid to get Burfict out of the game!
watch the guy who's the ball boy break out with a laugh like it was all planned !
I feel like the NFL is like watching WWE  I think it's fixed so I'm going to stop watching !
It's not the same game I watched back in the 80s
Reply/Quote
Here's the thing fellas that I feel is being missed a little bit.

There's football plays and there's non football plays.

I have little problem with Burfict on between the whistles and between the lines football plays. He plays the game very aggressive, he's big, he's strong, he hits hard ! He's going to get flags for this. There's a very long list of defensive players who have many penalties for various hits in today's NFL. That's something you just have to live with now.

Then there's the non football play stupidity ! Throwing your chest into a player 3 yards out of bounds while pretending to pull up is not a football play ! Stepping on the dudes wrist/hand twice out of bounds after the play is over is just being a d%^k !

Hands on a Ref, (especially in Burfict's situation) is a big no no. Burfict has to be able to understand that !!!

Could Geno Atkins have done the same thing with very little reaction from the ref's ? Most Likely. But Geno isn't Vaontaze huh ?

Bottom Line the guy just isn't going to stop being a do%^%er and that's all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
Luckily the Bengals have hardly any dead cap if they cut Burfict after this year.
$2.475 mill in 2018
$1.65 mill in 2019
$825k in 2020
--------------------
$4.95 mill over three years

I would think someone would trade something for him, but even if not, I wouldn't be opposed to using the money saved from cutting Burfict ($6.91 mill in 2018, $6.925 mill in 2019, $8.938 mill in 2020) and putting toward OL. Or bringing in a FA like Zach Brown for a few mill (signed with Washington last year for 1 year $2.3 mill, hits FA again this offseason) to fill the LB void and still put the remaining toward OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Luckily the Bengals have hardly any dead cap if they cut Burfict after this year.
$2.475 mill in 2018
$1.65 mill in 2019
$825k in 2020
--------------------

I would think someone would trade something for him, but even if not, I wouldn't be opposed to using the money saved from cutting Burfict ($6.91 mill in 2018, $6.925 mill in 2019, $8.938 mill in 2020) and putting toward OL. Or bringing in a FA like Zach Brown for a few mill (signed with Washington last year for 1 year $2.3 mill, hits FA again this offseason) to fill the LB void and still put the remaining toward OL.

Does that include his signing bonus?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The refs have collectively decided to target him. He was born in the wrong decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

he bumped into the ref which has nothing to do with player safety so maybe a fine.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Does that include his signing bonus?

Looks like it
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/vontaze-burfict-10100/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Luckily the Bengals have hardly any dead cap if they cut Burfict after this year.
$2.475 mill in 2018
$1.65 mill in 2019
$825k in 2020
--------------------

How about just pocketing the savings for profit?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:14 AM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals lack FOCUS....Lack of FOCUS lost the 2015 season Play-Off Game in Cincinnati against Steelers, Bengals had lead with little time left.  Bengals gave game way in last minute due to NO FOCUS, especially Burfict and Pacman in that one.  Burfict often loses FOCUS.  Then there is Marvin Lewis.  Is he a head coach or just a wooden cigar store Indian ?  I Never, Ever see Lewis grab players going insane and out of focus and take them aside, calm them down, yell at them, do something to get control of the team.  Marvin loses control of the team in Play-Off Game or other games and he just stands there as if to say, " What can I Do ".   I remember Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche even Bruce Coslett would not just be standing there like Marvin as players and the team lose focus. 

Some will defend Burfict on here.  Some will say a ticky tacky call.  OK, the second one was pushing the ref.  That's just stupid.  Also over on the sidelines yelling when he was suppose to be gone was stupid. Then as he left he was yelling at Tennessee Fans, and that is very stupid.   Of course I heard announcers in that Steelers Play-Off Game say Burfict running the wrong way down the field with the ball, through the end zone and into the exit was stupid because Refs could call that a safety, 2 points for Steelers and Bengals have to punt ball to Steelers.  Of course this was followed by the Burfict and Pacman real stupid that lost the game. .....You could easily make a long video of Burfict not playing very smart football.  Some Fans love that about him.  Why they love stupid football, I do not know.  You would think fans would rather get some wins. 

I will add that it is said Burfict makes this defense.  That is strange because this team has won a lot during his suspensions over the years.  I can see saying Atkins and Dunlap really make this defense.  I'm not convinced Burfict is a future Hall of Famer and a One Man Defense as some act like he is.   I have seen the defense look good without him.  Actually, once Burfict left the Tennessee game, the Bengals got back in the game and were better without him in this game, as they have been in other games over the years.  When Bengals started 2015 season 8-0,  I'm pretty sure Burfict was suspended or injured or both for most of that 8-0 start to season. I would use that as an example that he is not all that needed, especially how in play-off game that 8-0 season his losing focus was not a good thing as Bengals just gave Steelers a short game winning field goal on 30 yards of stupid penalties on one play.  30 yards, Big Ben didn't even have to move them into field goal range as time ran out. That team started season 8-0 without him, and yesterday Bengals looking awful got back in the game once Burfict off the field and in the locker room.

Mike Brown has had and continues to have players without Focus.  Fans have loved these type players but with the lack of focus comes the 27 years and counting of no play-off win. The sad thing is in the 27 years most of the players had focus, but the few without focus were enough to upset the apple cart.

Lack of Dalton is why we lost 2015... the offense was lost under the helm of mccarron
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How about just pocketing the savings for profit?  Hilarious

You mean "rolling over for next year", right?
[Image: mike_484x480.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lack of Dalton is why we lost 2015... the offense was lost under the helm of mccarron

I don't know. We started 9-0 that year and finished 3-4.

We were 2-3 in the games Dalton started. Basically we lost to the good teams and got beat by the bad ones.
Reply/Quote
Might seem like a kop out. But i think a new coaching staff and Regime in totale here would cure a lot of ill's, possibly even Burfict with the right guy. Even the calm and mild AJ has had enough that he body slams a mouthy corner. It just is what it is at this point.

Its at the point were its nice to watch your team win but i wasn't that happy with the prospect of winning against the titans late in the game, as all it would have done is kept Marvin and his crew in a job with a few more pointless wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What moron said that?

I remember thinking that there was a slim possibility that Burfict might not have been down and ran out of the back of his own endzone for a safety and/or he was going to get some sort of delay of game penalty for taking the football and running into the locker room.  That was more about me thinking that the Bengals looking like they were going to win a playoff game over the Steelers was too good to be true and something stupid was going to ruin it (so I was right, but just a bit early there) rather than me being anti-Burfict.

Ok, I watched the highlights and it's clear he was down but in the heat of the moment, well...I was expecting some sort of epic fail.
Reply/Quote
Burfict needs a coach like Zimmer, who scares the hell out of him, and not a Marvin type who says "now gee whiz, Vontaze... you can't keep doing that...you big joker you...."
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/930082759711903744

Burfict wont be suspened, which if I remember correctly, the NFL has to do after an ejection? So this is them saying how erroneous the flag was, or them still now know what the f*** they are doing?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. We started 9-0 that year and finished 3-4.

We were 2-3 in the games Dalton started. Basically we lost to the good teams and got beat by the bad ones.

3 qtrs. of zero productivity doesn't win playoff games.
Reply/Quote
Well nfl didn’t see much wrong from Sunday’s actions because he’s not gonna be suspended according to nfl.com
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 11:47 AM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Dude Burfict's mouth did not move not one time I watched the video to see if he said anything to Conklin the Ref is just a dirty Ref who probably got paid to get Burfict out of the game!
watch the guy who's the ball boy break out with a laugh like it was all planned !
I feel like the NFL is like watching WWE  I think it's fixed so I'm going to stop watching !
It's not the same game I watched back in the 80s

https://mobile.twitter.com/Local12Jed/status/929828664178610177/video/1

You can hear them.
Reply/Quote