Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
(11-13-2017, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, he's being targeted.  But it's way past being a matter of what's right or wrong.  It's a matter of what is.  Until recently, he was a pain in the ass who made plays.  Now he's just a pain in the ass.  When will he just grow the **** up?

Burfict doesn't say much so this is pure speculation.

Maybe the targeting has affected his game. 

"But if that were the case why does he continue to do stupid shit? Why doesn't he just knock it off and grow the **** up?"

Maybe the targeting has affected his game.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:05 PM)RASCAL Wrote:  He IS the only team member who lays it all on the line. AJ Green is behind him 100%!

So other guys like AJ Green, Andy Dalton etc aren't 'laying on the line', only Burfict? Well maybe we finally found the real problem!

And I'm sure that after Burfict helped sabotage a sure playoff win with totally unnecessary stupidity, AJ couldn't wait to give him a great big ole' hug.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

I think he's been fighting it, and it has been impacting his play. It's not something he can turn on/off. In order to play his best, he seemingly needs to play in a mental state, where he cannot control his impulses.

Of course, what I just said here is probably way off the mark. I don't know. We can only speculate. I just don't think he can help himself. Maybe a shrink could help.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: My opinion, the call was BS, but Burfict has to be smarter than that.  If I'm the coach, I suspend him this week like the Jags did Fournette last week and give him a chance to mull it over.  Maybe it would do him some good, and maybe the league takes notice of the Bengals taking some initiative here.

(11-13-2017, 09:31 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: On this team, with this coach, and this owner/GM, he has been enabled to act like this. Teammates like Adam Jones encourage and enable this as well. In a good situation with a stronger culture, I think Burfict may have come around. On this team, he is what he is.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:35 AM)BMK Wrote: So other guys like AJ Green, Andy Dalton etc aren't 'laying on the line', only Burfict? Well maybe we finally found the real problem!

And I'm sure that after Burfict helped sabotage a sure playoff win with totally unnecessary stupidity,  AJ couldn't wait to give him a great big ole' hug.

go blow a donkey dick! you obviously aren't the sharpest crayon in the box are you?

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:49 PM)RASCAL Wrote: go blow a donkey dick! you obviously aren't the sharpest crayon in the box are you?

Not sure that was warranted, but I get it.... I'm right and you got've nothing intelligent as a response...gotcha. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:35 AM)BMK Wrote: So other guys like AJ Green, Andy Dalton etc aren't 'laying on the line', only Burfict? Well maybe we finally found the real problem!

And I'm sure that after Burfict helped sabotage a sure playoff win with totally unnecessary stupidity,  AJ couldn't wait to give him a great big ole' hug.

Did they when Jeremy fumbled? If he had been able to hold on to the ball, different game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He barely touched the guy out of bounds and the call for contacting the ref was nonsense especially when we saw a titan wrap his arms around one. Plenty of reason to bail on Burfict if you want but don’t base it on today.

Took for the 16th post on the first page for me to agree with anybody on this one.

Saw nothing that made me say for us to move on from Burfict from Tennessee except he wasn't playing well.

That wasn't a late hit out of bounds and him just raising his arm a bit shouldn't of got anyone suspended in the NFL.

He is just treated different than anyone else.

He might be kicked out of the league soon enough though for making a big hit.

Bound to happen, cannot have that much restraint on every play throughout an entire season especially an NFL career.

And it is honestly unfair to ask him of it and not anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Took for the 16th post on the first page for me to agree with anybody on this one.

Saw nothing that made me say for us to move on from Burfict from Tennessee except he wasn't playing well.

That wasn't a late hit out of bounds and him just raising his arm a bit shouldn't of got anyone suspended in the NFL.

He is just treated different than anyone else.

He might be kicked out of the league soon enough though for making a big hit.

Bound to happen, cannot have that much restraint on every play throughout an entire season especially an NFL career.

And it is honestly unfair to ask him of it and not anyone else.

Fair, not fair, doesn't even matter any more.  This is the bed he's made, the corner into which he has painted himself.  This is what he did.  This is where he has put himself.  And he seems incapable of checking himself.  He always has to dance on that line.  He says so himself.  He keep speeding past the radar and wondering why he keeps getting tickets.

And those guys in stripes are trying to take his license away.  I don't about you, actually, I think I do, but if there's somebody trying to hang me, I'll be damned if I keep handing them rope.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:15 PM)McC Wrote: Fair, not fair, doesn't even matter any more.  This is the bed he's made, the corner into which he has painted himself.  This is what he did.  This is where he has put himself.  And he seems incapable of checking himself.  He always has to dance on that line.  He says so himself.  He keep speeding past the radar and wondering why he keeps getting tickets.

And those guys in stripes are trying to take his license away.  I don't about you, actually, I think I do, but if there's somebody trying to hang me, I'll be damned if I keep handing them rope.

To me it's the stuff he does outside of the scope of football plays that I'm sick and tired of ! I'm still of the opinion that the chest shot to the Titans RB 3 yards out of bounds was intentional ! What if he pulls the same crap in the final minutes of a playoff game ? You can't trust him to stay in the limits !

And I also don't buy for a second he didn't know he was stepping on the dudes hand ! BS

I feel there's a huge difference in getting called for a helmet to helmet shot in the field of play between the whistles, I can live with that stuff. 

It's the extracurricular activity that is totally unacceptable !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 05:55 PM)BMK Wrote: Not sure that was warranted, but I get it.... I'm right and you got've nothing intelligent as a response...gotcha. 

let me tell you of intelligence, you have none!!! now move along!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:14 PM)RASCAL Wrote: let me tell you of intelligence, you have none!!! now move along!!!

Wow, what are you, like 12?  

Ok, prove me wrong...post an intelligent response to my post you chose to be belligerent about. So far you haven't been able to.  But if all you got is more childish insults, don't bother.... this isn't a smack thread, and you're really not very good at it if it was.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:47 PM)BMK Wrote: Wow, what are you, like 12?  

Ok, prove me wrong...post an intelligent response to my post you chose to be belligerent about. So far you haven't been able to.  But if all you got is more childish insults, don't bother.... this isn't a smack thread, and you're really not very good at it if it was.

You gotta admit, his profile pic is PERFECT for those posts. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:15 PM)McC Wrote: Fair, not fair, doesn't even matter any more.  This is the bed he's made, the corner into which he has painted himself.  This is what he did.  This is where he has put himself.  And he seems incapable of checking himself.  He always has to dance on that line.  He says so himself.  He keep speeding past the radar and wondering why he keeps getting tickets.

Yeah cannot argue with that i just thought he WAS learning. He shouldn't of been suspended for the first 3 games cause
of that legal hit in Preseason on Sherman and i don't think he should of been ejected for lifting his arm just because the
ref was there IMHO.

He definately needs to reign it in more cause they are definately after him, i just know that if he was wearing black and
piss yellow he would be spoken of highly instead of like this.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You gotta admit, his profile pic is PERFECT for those posts. LOL

Haha, true and he got the banhammer lol
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was definitely acting. He took another four steps after the ball carrier was out of bounds before he made contact. They were outside of the white boundary marker.

He pulled the same act when he made contact with the official then acted like he was a victim.

He wouldn't do it if Marvin didn't tolerate his BS.

Now I am just waiting for Vonnie Burf to wiggle Marvys cap on sidelines similar to the Gary Reasons incident wiggling of Davey Shuls cap many yrs ago....Marv HAS LOST THIS TEAM!! 
Reply/Quote
Burfict will never learn because he is so arrogant he still doesn't think he did anything any thing wrong. Even the hit in the playoff game against Pitt he wont take any responsibility so he will never learn, and the cheep shot in the pre season game. You cant fix stupid. Lewis cant teach him because he has no control of this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:41 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Burfict will never learn because he is so arrogant he still doesn't think he did anything any thing wrong. Even the hit in the playoff game against Pitt he wont take any responsibility so he will never learn, and the cheep shot in the pre season game. You cant fix stupid. Lewis cant teach him because he has no control of this team.

So arrogant huh?

I don't see the same man you see. The guy is a family man and off the field as humble as they come.

He just loves this game so much and he cannot help himself at times.

BTW, that was not a cheap shot in the preseason game against Sherman either. Completely legal hit and for
him to get suspended 3 regular season games was complete BULLSHIT.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So arrogant huh?

I don't see the same man you see. The guy is a family man and off the field as humble as they come.

He just loves this game so much and he cannot help himself at times.

BTW, that was not a cheap shot in the preseason game against Sherman either. Completely legal hit and for
him to get suspended 3 regular season games was complete BULLSHIT.

So let me get this right the hit the hit on Sherman was a good hit. I'm a Bengals fan my entire life and that hit was a cheep shot. When players on the other team say when " you have to play with your head on a swivel when Burfict is on the field. That is not a compliment. It them saying he is a cheep shot player. Go ahead and watch because he is not done yet. He will continue to do stupid things on the field
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 06:25 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: So let me get this right the hit the hit on Sherman was a good hit. I'm a Bengals fan my entire life and that hit was a cheep shot. When players on the other team say when " you have to play with your head on a swivel when Burfict is on the field. That is not a compliment. It them saying he is a cheep shot player. Go ahead and watch because he is not done yet. He will continue to do stupid things on the field

Who gives a damn how long you have been a Bengals fan, i have been one since i was 6.

The rules are the rules and if you are a LB you don't let a FB come across the front of you and not knock him out of the play.

It is legal according to the rules. Burfict just hits too damn hard. The one thing i agree with Marv on.

Hell, even Sherman said it wasn't dirty for God sake. There is a reason the NFL shortened the suspension man.

BTW, it is spelled cheap, not cheep.
Reply/Quote