Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
(11-12-2017, 11:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You literally argued that for 5 pages.

No. I'm talking about the "i'm being told..." angle. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is the bullshit that annoys me. We can have debates about how hard he pushed an officials arm, but when people start make crap up, that's where i say STFU with that conspiracy BS. Stepped on him 3 times? No. You could argue about the time he stepped on his hand, but that's still debatable since he never once looked down to see if a hand was there and he made an effort to step OVER  and AROUND the dudes arm THREE TIMES. Like all the dumbasses that screamed Burfict shoved his knee into Ben's shoulder when he sacked him in the playoff game. Beeeeeeee Essssssssssss. 
Are you kidding me? Take the Bengals glasses off my man and look at the video objectively. I'm as big a Bengals fan as there is, but if you can't see the idiot purposely stepping on the guy the you are in compete denial. It's obvious. Burfict gets what Burfict deserves. Period.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

We have bigger problems than Vontaze Burfict right now.  He is the least of my concerns at this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to imagine anybody accidentally stepping on someone that many times...but Burfict?  Geez, the guy is like a cartoonish villain of dirty maneuvers.  

At the risk of being know as the Burfict Defender, he steps over him twice and on his hand once while trying to help a teammate up. With his back to him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:55 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Are you kidding me? Take the Bengals glasses off my man and look at the video objectively. I'm as big a Bengals fan as there is, but if you can't see the idiot purposely stepping on the guy the you are in compete denial. It's obvious. Burfict gets what Burfict deserves. Period.

Just noticed rfaulks response to this. Did you happen to read the rest of the thread? The obvious answer is no. You should.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: At the risk of being know as the Burfict Defender, he steps over him twice and on his hand once while trying to help a teammate up. With his back to him.

He actually steps on Adam's ankle on the first one.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:55 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Are you kidding me? Take the Bengals glasses off my man and look at the video objectively. I'm as big a Bengals fan as there is, but if you can't see the idiot purposely stepping on the guy the you are in compete denial. It's obvious. Burfict gets what Burfict deserves. Period.

lol@ bengals glasses. You haven't been following this thread. 

The only thing i'm disputing is that he stepped on the dude 3 times. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol@ bengals glasses. You haven't been following this thread. 

The only thing i'm disputing is that he stepped on the dude 3 times. 

Ah, I gotcha. My bad!
Reply/Quote
Agreed. It's time. I said after his extension I was a bad idea because Burfict is more of a liability than a reliable player. And given his drop off in play he's just not worth the hassle.

Gotta try and trade him but I think he'll have to be cut. I can't imagine a single team out there willing to give up anything for Burfict
Reply/Quote
Not just a liability on the field but Burficit will never change his ways no matter how many fines he has gotten and still will get.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Lol this thread.

No but seriously. Is this the end? Is this how Tez goes out?

Because talk about anticlimatic.

The way he is portrayed in the media i would have expected a body bag or two

I am disappoint.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:33 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. It's time. I said after his extension I was a bad idea because Burfict is more of a liability than a reliable player. And given his drop off in play he's just not worth the hassle.

Gotta try and trade him but I think he'll have to be cut. I can't imagine a single team out there willing to give up anything for Burfict

They might not give anything up but I'd bet dollars to donuts shitsburg would pick him up in a heartbeat. Then he could keep playing like he has and it would be passed off as hard nosed stealers football and not worry about the man coming down on him.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why?  Are you afraid he might hand a playoff win to us?

We’d have to make the playoffs for that to happen...

Reply/Quote
Everybody wants to root for a stud that plays smashmouth football and he is that. He also has a 10 cent brain and very little self control. It really neutralizes any possatives. He can't be counted on when you really need him. Why keep anyone that you can't depend on?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:43 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: They might not give anything up but I'd bet dollars to donuts shitsburg would pick him up in a heartbeat. Then he could keep playing like he has and it would be passed off as hard nosed stealers football and not worry about the man coming down on him.

True... Burfict won't change no matter where he goes but that certainly won't matter in Pittsburgh. His antics will be the norm and the refs won't bat an eye lash. Hell, Burfict will likely never receive a fine or suspension again if he plays for Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
This might be a good time to remind everyone of Burfict's lack of penalties last season. He can play smart when he chooses. He's definitely smart enough to know this penalty is going to end up a fine and not a suspension...hence the money sign. I hated that. He should have taken the high road for once.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:56 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: We have bigger problems than Vontaze Burfict right now.  He is the least of my concerns at this time.

He's a big symptom of the disease.  If that's not concerning, you aren't really paying attention.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

Probably why Marv wanted Reuben Foster and now is holding Ross at fault for not getting him.  

At this point, I would rather see Vinny Rey at Mike and Jordan Evans as the WILL.  Nickel should be Evans and Vigil.

Burfict, I believe, has a serious drinking problem.  That is a strong accusation, but since the beginning of the season, his weight seems to  have fluctuated greatly in the wrong direction.  That seems borderline impossible during a season, but he has done it.  And his fragile mental state probably leads him to turn to alcohol to cope.  He hasn't been near the player we thought this year after looking like the best player in the NFL in preseason. 

He simply has blown his talent and can't control his emotions.  He should be a backup and nothing more.  Sad. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's the video if anybody wants to watch.

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/929795305683542017

Not sure what Burfict did wrong.

This also has the swipe of the officials arm...both look BS to me, the first more so than the second.  For the life of me, I just don't understand why he doesn't simply try to win on the field and point at the scoreboard?  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/11/12/16640334/vontaze-burfict-ejected-from-bengals-titans-flips-off-fans
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:37 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: What is bull is that I've seen guys knock officials to the ground after a play is over and nothing happens. What is also bull is that the official should never have been touching Burfict in the first place. I don't blame Burfict for brushing the guy off.

This is where I'm at. If Marvin was any kind of coach, he would have been in the official's ear about why he was touching Burfict in the first place. Burfict did not shove the player, the player shoved Burfict. Burfict was headed back to the playing field when he brushed off the ref, not going for retaliation. It was a BS move by a biased ref.
Reply/Quote