Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(Yesterday, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They can add years on before 12 months, just not money.

That would only lessen his annual salary then, would it?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I still remember the interview after they extended him. How appreciative he was towards the Bengals by letting him workout on his own and miss some of meetings to help out his wife with their newborn. Then he talked about his faith and God... I found my faith again after retiring from the service making his latest statement not sit well with me.

Loved that interview and confirmed why he was one of my favorite players and men on my team.

He did a 180 here. Hope he makes up for it if we do extend him, but this was dumb how this was handled.

(Yesterday, 12:22 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He's still one of my favorite Bengals regardless of this, unless his play falls off DUE to this. But I just don't see that outta Trey, he's full-go, full-time on that field. Maybe he DOES deserve more money, he IS our pass rush afterall, and these elite pass rushers are getting paid ridiculous amounts. Had he not signed that recent extension last year, I wouldn't fault him at all. But he did, and he should stick to his word and honor it.

All true, I bet he plays his ass off. He always does, this won't change that. The only way he falls off is because of injury or age.

(Yesterday, 12:46 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson gives 100% effort on every play.  I like having him on the team even though he is horrible against the run.  My biggest issue is he hasnt even finished his 1st contract he signed with the Bengals yet is already trying to force a 3rd contract.  Its crazy to me.

Same. No reason for this after already signing an extension, that is the problem here. We will see how this goes forward.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Whether he stays, retires or gets traded, he's lost at least 1 fan.

Yeah, it pissed me off too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would only lessen his annual salary then, would it?

I'm not sure how it all works, but I think they can agree in principle, but not on paper. Someone else may know for sure. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm not sure how it all works, but I think they can agree in principle, but not on paper. Someone else may know for sure. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:26 PM)s Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I would add a couple more years to his contract.  Something tells me its not a couple more years added to his contract that he wants.  He wants another raise.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Thanks for the clarification bro. I'm not the best versed in contract stuff.

Reply/Quote
(1 hour ago)Wyche Wrote: Thanks for the clarification bro. I'm not the best versed in contract stuff.

I feel like they'll make a handshake deal to give him a respectable bump when he's eligible.  

It' was a silly idea to make this public when he and his agent did.  He def outplayed his contract., but he also signed it after an 8 sack season, a continuation of which would not have warranted a pay raise.  He went for security instead of betting on himself.  Understandable, but also impactful on his earnings.  

Players betting on themselves is always risky.  Bird in the hand and all.  Trey is an essential part of the team, but that doesn't change the negotiation unless the team wants it to.  
Reply/Quote