Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Here comes some negativity
The way I see it, this team is just like the other playoff teams of the last few years. We're stumbling into the playoffs after a strong start. I really don't blame anyone, the Dalton injury really hurts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I feel like our inability to run the ball last week is a huge red flag. Meanwhile the Steelers are arguably the best team in the AFC at this point, after beating 2/3 top teams in the conference in back to back weeks.

I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Me and you have been dogged before in this forum for hating on Dalton but it seems like we are his biggest supporters now. What i mean by that is that I don't see how this team can beat the Steelers and/or go deep in the playoffs with AJ McCarron. I just don't see it. Dalton has had a phenomenal year....I actually think with him healthy we are the best team in the AFC. Guys like brady that come out of obscurity to win in the playoffs and Super Bowl come around once every 15 seasons. The chances of AJ taking us to the promise land are slim to none.

We need a healthy dalton if we want to have a legitimate chance to make a run this year. Bottom line.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:16 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Me and you have been dogged before in this forum for hating on Dalton but it seems like we are his biggest supporters now. What i mean by that is that I don't see how this team can beat the Steelers and/or go deep in the playoffs with AJ McCarron. I just don't see it. Dalton has had a phenomenal year....I actually think with him healthy we are the best team in the AFC.  Guys like brady that come out of obscurity to win in the playoffs and Super Bowl come around once every 15 seasons. The chances of AJ taking us to the promise land are slim to none.

We need a healthy dalton if we want to have a legitimate chance to make a run this year. Bottom line.

I've never agreed with either of you more. I really want AJ to be great,  seamlessly fill in and lead us to postseason success. But I, like both of you, just don't see it. Even if he has the talent to do it, it was clear he wasn't ready to run this offense the way it was designed. It's not his fault, it just is what it is. 

We need Andy back for  the postseason  in the worst way. 

That being said, I won't be jumping off any ledge. I will be pulling for AJ and rooting for this team as much as ever. But I'd be lying if I said my expectations weren't at an all time low for this particular season.

Reply/Quote
This is where the Denver game Monday is super big. Win it and we get an extra week to get Andy back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:16 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Me and you have been dogged before in this forum for hating on Dalton but it seems like we are his biggest supporters now. What i mean by that is that I don't see how this team can beat the Steelers and/or go deep in the playoffs with AJ McCarron. I just don't see it. Dalton has had a phenomenal year....I actually think with him healthy we are the best team in the AFC.  Guys like brady that come out of obscurity to win in the playoffs and Super Bowl come around once every 15 seasons. The chances of AJ taking us to the promise land are slim to none.

Here is a positive spin...It has been almost 15 years since Brady did it....He also had 1 TD and 1 Int in three games while winning the SB.. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//#stats_playoffs
Reply/Quote
We stepped on Denver last year without Eifert, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith (Winston had been signed to replace him 10 days before the game), Burfict, Michael Johnson... And AJ was banged up and out most of the game.

Not having Andy stinks, but I believe in these guys because they've already done it.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:08 AM)Utts Wrote: The way I see it, this team is just like the other playoff teams of the last few years. We're stumbling into the playoffs after a strong start. I really don't blame anyone, the Dalton injury really hurts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I feel like our inability to run the ball last week is a huge red flag. Meanwhile the Steelers are arguably the best team in the AFC at this point, after beating 2/3 top teams in the conference in back to back weeks.

I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share.

It seems to be heading the same way, "stumbling into the playoffs", with injuries starting to mount. But that won't really be determined until the season wraps up and we see who's in and who's out.

I wouldn't call the steelers the best team in the AFC until they go on the road and beat a "healthy" team. I don't believe they can do it. Moderate pressure on Ben and a good offensive output will beat the steelers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
For those of you saying you don't see the Bengals going too far without Dalton, I say this...you have only seen one game from McCarron, how can you tell?
Reply/Quote
The 49ers knew we'd be running and they keyed in on it. McCarron has to give opponents reason to fear the pass. Of course there was no reason to air it out in the 49ers game because we were comfortably ahead. They can't hide McC this week. He has to be a big part of our game plan or our RB's will get stuffed again. I believe AJ can hang with either of Denver's QBs.

Now as far as playoffs go, we need Dalton. I don't care what his history is. He's been a different player this year. Dalton and the rest of this team have failed together, now they need to succeed together.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 49ers knew we'd be running and they keyed in on it. McCarron has to give opponents reason to fear the pass. Of course there was no reason to air it out in the 49ers game because we were comfortably ahead. They can't hide McC this week. He has to be a big part of our game plan or our RB's will get stuffed again. I believe AJ can hang with either of Denver's QBs.

Now as far as playoffs go, we need Dalton. I don't care what his history is. He's been a different player this year. Dalton and the rest of this team have failed together, now they need to succeed together.

This is it right here. They must give him the Playbook and say go for it. This week it's truly time to sink or swim. Win or lose with guns a blazin'. 

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: For those of you saying you don't see the Bengals going too far without Dalton, I say this...you have only seen one game from McCarron, how can you tell?

Because Dalton is an MVP caliber QB McCarron probably isn't. 

How do you think we would've felt had Palmer been injured in week 13 of 2005 with Kitna taking over? Because Dalton was having that type of magical season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Because Dalton is an MVP caliber QB McCarron probably isn't. 

How do you think we would've felt had Palmer been injured in week 13 of 2005 with Kitna taking over? Because Dalton was having that type of magical season. 

I felt pretty confident in Kitna when Palmer got hurt on the second play of the game..let alone game 13...We were leading at half time
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:40 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I felt pretty confident in Kitna when Palmer got hurt on the second play of the game..let alone game 13...We were leading at half time

I didn't. It seemed like all enthusiasm left when Carson did and I was just waiting for the team to implode with kINTna.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:40 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I felt pretty confident in Kitna when Palmer got hurt on the second play of the game..let alone game 13...We were leading at half time

To be fair, Kitna was a nine year vet that had been the starter on the team two years previous, playing at home.

McCarron was a second year player starting in his first game on the road in a place that the organization had never won before.

Not exactly apples to apples.
Reply/Quote
Maybe at home we'd have a sliver of a chance against Denver. I think they are going to send AJ home dazed and confused.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: For those of you saying you don't see the Bengals going too far without Dalton, I say this...you have only seen one game from McCarron, how can you tell?

Well, his issues through 2 games aren't exactly helping those with issues. 
Reply/Quote
100% we need Dalton in the playoffs. However I think we can beat Denver and Baltimore without him. Denver offense isn't that good so I think it's reasonable to say we can win a Defensive showdown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Negativity from you? Someone hold me, I just might faint from shock.
Reply/Quote
Denver D > Cincy D (not by much)
Denver QB > Cincy QB (only d/t lack of experience)
Playing AT Denver = advantage Denver
Prime Time game = disadvantage Cincy

On paper, this seems like a no brainer.
No AD = we lose.
Reply/Quote
If the coaches can figure out AJs strengths and plans the offensive game plan around them, I feel we all may receive a huge performance from him. There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle which need to fit quickly to continue our run. But its not impossible.

Reply/Quote