Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Here comes some negativity
(12-28-2015, 02:05 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I really don't think you are a Bengal fan.  No celebration or happiness from you, even though things are going well.    Just sadness and further condemnation of the Bengals.  You seem really upset your prediction of the Bengals backing into the playoffs didn't come true.  

I don't agree with you very often, Bonnie. However, I thought you were above the old "you're not a true fan" routine. 

If I post something negative, it's portrayed as sadness and condemnation. That is kind of funny.

I didn't make a prediction, I posted an opinion. Since the playoffs haven't even started, not sure how you can declare I was wrong? The first big test of whether or not they are backing in comes tonight. I hope they win and contradict what I said, but I don't think they will. If I turn out to be wrong then I guess you and your pals can login and call me more names. Cool.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:37 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't get it. We won despite losing our starting quarterback, have a chance to get a bye tonight, and won the division. Why the hell hasn't this piece of shit thread been blown into the depths of Message Board Troll Hell by now?

I find this amusing. Unpopular opinions should be removed from the board. That's rich.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
"I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share."

That's how I closed my original post in this thread. I acknoweldeged that I can be negative, and invited people to argue the contrary and convince me otherwise. I didn't point fingers at players or coaches, and there were no incendiary remarks or taunts pointed at the die hards among us. I posted an unpopular opinion, and many of you twisted what I said and went off on a slew of personal attacks.

If the Bengals win in Denver tonight, I'll be back to happily admit I was wrong. I wonder if any of you have the gumption to look closer at how this thread unfolded, and admit maybe you were wrong.
Reply/Quote
Why is it that when someone posts an opinion that happens to go against homer-logic or jock-riding principles, he/she is called a troll?

Are we all supposed to believe that ONLY good things happen to/for the Bengals?

Are we not allowed to be REAL?

If person A thinks we will go 16-0 but only win by 1 pt every game and person B thinks we will go 16-0 and win by 75 points every game; I swear that are some that would call person A a troll or hater and just plain fail to see the delusion in person B's vision!

People: It's a diverse world full of opinions. Get over it! Everyone's definition of what constitutes a "fan" is not identical to the others'

News Flash: The Bengals will NOT win the next 1,000 games straight! Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:31 PM)Utts Wrote: "I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share."

That's how I closed my original post in this thread. I acknoweldeged that I can be negative, and invited people to argue the contrary and convince me otherwise. I didn't point fingers at players or coaches, and there were no incendiary remarks or taunts pointed at the die hards among us. I posted an unpopular opinion, and many of you twisted what I said and went off on a slew of personal attacks.

If the Bengals win in Denver tonight, I'll be back to happily admit I was wrong. I wonder if any of you have the gumption to look closer at how this thread unfolded, and admit maybe you were wrong.

OK.  I'm sorry.  I won't post anymore about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK.  I'm sorry.  I won't post anymore about it.

Nice to see a few left here that have CLASS.
Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK.  I'm sorry.  I won't post anymore about it.

Thanks, Bonnie. You inspire me. I'm going to aim to stop with all personal attacks going forward. Stick to arguing opinions, and not trying to belittle someone for not agreeing with mine.
Reply/Quote
We're all on the same damn team guys, lol, we're fans of the same team. And not much (if anything) we say has an impact on the actual outcome, unfortunately. We're here just to pass time until our inevitable demise. The thread is about negativity so, we need to look at life as glass half empty.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We're here just to pass time until our inevitable demise.

Now THAT is negative!!! :)

Albeit true. haha
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We're all on the same damn team guys, lol, we're fans of the same team. And not much (if anything) we say has an impact on the actual outcome, unfortunately. We're here just to pass time until our inevitable demise. The thread is about negativity so, we need to look at life as glass half empty.

I don't know about you, but I plan on living forever.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:31 PM)Utts Wrote: "I know many of you'd like to see me jump of the ledge, but if anybody has a positive spin on where we're at by all means share."

You can throw youre little disclaimers in at the end to give yourself the appearance of being diplomatic, but youre really not. Your assertion that the Bengals were stumbling into the playoffs while the steelers were surging in was not only incorrect...as I showed by the facts I posted due to your disclaimer...it was simply another attempt by you to consistently be down on the team, its players, or their accomplishments. To try and frame your constant negativity and team bashing as simply an "unpopular opinion" is ludicrous. And nobody "twisted" your words. You are not the victim of a misunderstanding, nor your remarks being taken out of context. You are a negative person who gets off on spreading his negative energy to others. That is not a personal attack, that is an observation backed up by lots of evidence. Like I said, stop hating life and enjoy the ride.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:26 PM)Utts Wrote: I find this amusing. Unpopular opinions should be removed from the board. That's rich.

Your negativity is ill timed.. Its not like we are on a 4 game losing streak where its ok to be down on the team, but things aren't bad. Its just wasted energy to spend time crapping on a team thats sitting pretty good.
Reply/Quote
We need Dalton back ASAP as far as I am concerned.

Offensive line looked bad a lot of the time as well, and the play calling on the offensive side wasn't the best either.

Denver seemed to always know when we were running the ball.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Here's some more negativity. Just locked up our first round loss more than likely. Why do we even play in primetime? Just forfeit and save the effort.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:59 AM)magikod Wrote: We need Dalton back ASAP as far as I am concerned.

Offensive line looked bad a lot of the time as well, and the play calling on the offensive side wasn't the best either.

Denver seemed to always know when we were running the ball.

It's not about any one position, it's simply a case of being out coached, in prime time, in pressure situations....AGAIN.

Denver was beat, this team had the game going it's way, 14-0, then....a perfectly timed missed FG gives some hope for Denver going into the half. At halftime, one team made adjustments, and came out prepared, the other had no answers and got rolled. Joe Montana at QB would lose if the coaching isn't good enough to make adjustments. This is the same old same old from Marvin, when it matters the most he just can't hang with good coaches.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:02 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Here's some more negativity. Just locked up our first round loss more than likely. Why do we even play in primetime? Just forfeit and save the effort.

We just lost in OT in Denver with our backup QB. im not hanging my head at all . 
Reply/Quote
McCarron played well early. Sure it ended poorly, but for awhile the results were there.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:09 AM)Goalpost Wrote: McCarron played well early.  Sure it ended poorly, but for awhile the results were there.

Sorry I'm just negative but it's typical bengals to find a way to lose
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:12 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Sorry I'm just negative but it's typical bengals to find a way to lose

If that was true we would not be 11-4 right now
Reply/Quote