Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Here comes some negativity
(12-28-2015, 10:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Stop it. This is the most annoying shit ever. Someone has a gloomier opinion than mega-homerism?  Must want to celebrate losses.  Ridiculous "I'm a better fan" bullshit.

But I'm not a homer.  I have been critical of the Bengals in the past.  I call it as I see it, and I see a guy who really only posts when he has something miserable to post about.  If the Bengals happen to lose tonight, Utts will be happy as hell. If they win, we won't hear from him right away.  That equates to me as not a real fan.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 10:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Stop it. This is the most annoying shit ever. Someone has a gloomier opinion than mega-homerism?  Must want to celebrate losses.  Ridiculous "I'm a better fan" bullshit.

What's annoying and ridiculous is someone who is consistently negative in the face of evidence to the contrary. Mega-homerism has zero to do with it. The Bengals have won 11 games, are on track to post their best season record ever, are in line to get a first round bye, and just won a west coast away game with their back up QB...and theyre stumbling into the playoffs? This clown deserves every bit of wrath he receives when he posts his negative nonsense on a repeated consistent basis.
Reply/Quote

Gloomier opinion ??  When you start a threat called "Here comes the negativity "  when we are in a season that is one for the record books and people respond with a different opinion, I would not call that mega-homerism ...  

Also it less the thread but who started the thread.. a reputation is not made up.. it is established.. He has established through his numerous post to be one of the most negative fan so expect the heat when you go so negative and over the top.  

Finally I think it is fine to question if someone is a real fan.   A basic definition of a fan is someone that is an admirer or enthusiast towards a team 
 I am fine with people not being a fan of the Bengals etc but be clear about it.. either you are a fan or your not. through good times and bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Gloomier opinion ??  When you start a threat called "Here comes the negativity "  when we are in a season that is one for the record books and people respond with a different opinion, I would not call that mega-homerism ...  

Also it less the thread but who started the thread.. a reputation is not made up.. it is established.. He has established through his numerous post to be one of the most negative fan so expect the heat when you go so negative and over the top.  

Finally I think it is fine to question if someone is a real fan.  I am fine with people not being a fan of the Bengals etc but be clear about it.. either you are a fan or your not. through good times and bad.

And if someone isn't a fan, they shouldn't be posting in Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And if someone isn't a fan, they shouldn't be posting in Jungle Noise.

Well i think anyone can post but saying you are a fan when your posts on a consistent basis don;t really show that is what i get combative about.. or when you make a bold statement, then can;t accept you were proven wrong gets me.  

I just looked back to Utts threads ( 6 or so) over the last two months in a season where the Bengals have had one of the best regular season in their history.. amazing that not one thread that he started had a positive nature in his post,  Again im fine with being critical but don't act like you are some true fan if you are going to be negative on a consistent basis especially when your team is doing so well.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:18 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But I'm not a homer.  I have been critical of the Bengals in the past.  I call it as I see it, and I see a guy who really only posts when he has something miserable to post about.  If the Bengals happen to lose tonight, Utts will be happy as hell. If they win, we won't hear from him right away.  That equates to me as not a real fan.  

You're definitely a homer.  No need to hide it.  I'm not even hating on it....I'm often a homer myself. 

The fact remains, you're saying that someone isn't a fan because their opinion differs from yours, which is super lame.

Utts has been plenty positive this season.  Look up the post history like I just did instead of making things up like he "only posts when he has something miserable to post about".  Making things up is the all-time worst argumentative tactic.

(12-28-2015, 11:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: What's annoying and ridiculous is someone who is consistently negative in the face of evidence to the contrary. Mega-homerism has zero to do with it. The Bengals have won 11 games, are on track to post their best season record ever, are in line to get a first round bye, and just won a west coast away game with their back up QB...and theyre stumbling into the playoffs? This clown deserves every bit of wrath he receives when he posts his negative nonsense on a repeated consistent basis.

I agree that he's been annoyingly negative about things in the past.  Some fanatics have different ways of being fanatic.  In the last week, I've pointed out he's more often than not wrong in his predictions of gloom.  I agree that he deserves to be made fun of for his gloominess, but don't call out some dude's fanhood who's been posting about the Bengals for more than a decade.

(12-28-2015, 11:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Gloomier opinion ??  When you start a threat called "Here comes the negativity "  when we are in a season that is one for the record books and people respond with a different opinion, I would not call that mega-homerism ...  

Finally I think it is fine to question if someone is a real fan.   A basic definition of a fan is someone that is an admirer or enthusiast towards a team 
 I am fine with people not being a fan of the Bengals etc but be clear about it.. either you are a fan or your not. through good times and bad.

You can be a fan and be critical of the team.  If not, then 5 years ago, this team would have had no "real fans".

If you think it's fine to call out someone's fanhood, cool, no big deal. 

I just think it's also fine to call someone a crybaby when they call out someone's fanhood due to differing opinions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:51 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I agree that he's been annoyingly negative about things in the past.  Some fanatics have different ways of being fanatic.   I agree that he deserves to be made fun of for his gloominess, but don't call out some dude's fanhood who's been posting about the Bengals for more than a decade.

I could care less about his level of fanhood....and have never called him less of a fan. I simply feel his negativity is prevalent and ridiculous. If he was more balanced in his assessments, I would have less of a problem with him. There are plenty of posters on here who get upset and negative at times. But his constant harping and posting the bad over the good gets tiresome. I have the same feelings for constant negative people at work or in the extended family. Negativity drains energy and brings others down. I don't have time for that in real life. Life is short enough already. The difference is, I can not be around those people in real life, but you can't escape those d-bags here. He needs to stop hating life.

And on a side note, since you brought it up, posting about the Bengals for more than a decade does not necessarily qualify someone as a fan.
Reply/Quote
never said you can;t be critical and not still be considered a  fan  but to be a fan you need to show something positive towards your team and it does not need to be a rarity.. especially when times are good.. As I pointed out from his consistent posts on this forum I have to question him being termed a "fan" by the true definition.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:51 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Utts has been plenty positive this season.  Look up the post history like I just did instead of making things up like he "only posts when he has something miserable to post about".  Making things up is the all-time worst argumentative tactic.
As I pointed out .. over the last two months in a time when we have been enjoying great success in the regular season , this threads and the post to start out the thread have had a consistent veil of negativity... Just in case you think im making them up.. here you go
I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.

How good would this defense be if Zim were still here? Just a harmless hypothetical, no need to hate.

If you aren't feeling a little queasy about Sunday, then you're dead inside. The filthy bastards have owned us in our own house, and crippled our QB the last time we had a legit SB contender. They appear to be back to full strength and firing on all cylinders, and now they arrive here Sunday in desperation mode. They will pull out all the stops, nothing is off the table.

I can't believe there's a chance this could happen, but it's a real possibility. They've already demonstrated they can lock us down in our own house. Given this last game, and our playoff history with them - I am not excited about the prospect of facing them again.

Steelers, Browns, and Texans. We've looked pretty rough at times in these games. I thought we had something special brewing on offense, but I'm not sure after these outings.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As I pointed out .. over the last two months in a time when we have been enjoying great success in the regular season , this threads and the post to start out the thread have had a consistent veil of negativity... Just in case you think im making them up.. here you go
I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.

How good would this defense be if Zim were still here? Just a harmless hypothetical, no need to hate.

If you aren't feeling a little queasy about Sunday, then you're dead inside. The filthy bastards have owned us in our own house, and crippled our QB the last time we had a legit SB contender. They appear to be back to full strength and firing on all cylinders, and now they arrive here Sunday in desperation mode. They will pull out all the stops, nothing is off the table.

I can't believe there's a chance this could happen, but it's a real possibility. They've already demonstrated they can lock us down in our own house. Given this last game, and our playoff history with them - I am not excited about the prospect of facing them again.

Steelers, Browns, and Texans. We've looked pretty rough at times in these games. I thought we had something special brewing on offense, but I'm not sure after these outings.

I actually agree with each one of these posts, if I'm reading the context correctly.  Taking a few posts and declaring someone less of a fan because of them is goofy....especially when these are common thoughts on these boards, and really not all that negative.

When I responded to BB, I skimmed through his posts from this year.  There are a bunch of bright and sunny posts that would keep everyone feeling ok as well.  I invite everyone to look for themselves, because I don't feel like taking the time to look through them to prove a point that I don't care all that much about anymore.

Bottom line is: Saying that someone isn't a fan because they have a more negative opinion that you is lame.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
I don't get it. We won despite losing our starting quarterback, have a chance to get a bye tonight, and won the division. Why the hell hasn't this piece of shit thread been blown into the depths of Message Board Troll Hell by now?
Reply/Quote
Only the #1 seed has nothing to talk about, and only the superbowl winner thereafter.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:37 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't get it. We won despite losing our starting quarterback, have a chance to get a bye tonight, and won the division. Why the hell hasn't this piece of shit thread been blown into the depths of Message Board Troll Hell by now?

This. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:51 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You're definitely a homer.  No need to hide it.  I'm not even hating on it....I'm often a homer myself. 

The fact remains, you're saying that someone isn't a fan because their opinion differs from yours, which is super lame.
I really don't recall how long you were on the original board, so I don't know if you saw my posts during the Bratkowski/Bresnahan years, but I'm definitely not a homer.  I also criticized Guenther a lot last year.  I speak up about the team when I see something wrong.  A homer sees only sunshine and rainbows.  That's not me.  Denny used to defend Bratkowski.  That's a homer.   And I'm not saying  I think Utts isn't a fan just because his opinion differs from mine.  I'm saying I see someone who I perceive is happy when we lose and who predicts losses with glee,  and seems genuinely disappointed when we win. That's why I think he's a troll fan of another team.   And as far as your "stop" comment earlier.  I'll post what I want to post as long as it's within the rules.  You have every right to criticize it if you want, just like I criticize Utts, but don't tell me what to post.
Reply/Quote
I'm almost always critical after our wins, we always have something that's lacking, just because we win isn't enough until it's the end. Most of the teams in the NFL right now are bad, we should beat them. For example, we will always be allowed to ***** about Jeremy Hill this year. Any good play from him is now an exception (this late in the season), unless he goes for 100 yards+ every game on out through the superbowl, lol. It would be something if a player of his prospective caliber/talent was able to eat his ego and play poorly on purpose during the regular season to shock everyone in the playoffs, if anyone had enough stacked talent to pull that smoke and mirrors off it would have been the Bengals.

Win or loss there is something that needs to be improved upon. So far this year we have done a pretty good job in every game, so there's minor complaints. It's not good enough to win in the regular season, we might be happy with a playoff win but in the long run - in our lifetime - it would be nice to see a Bengals superbowl. Why not this year? With our team healthy, it's difficult to see a better team in the past - or the future, that could match up with the skill and gel that's occurred. I think we can easily say our team is currently more stacked than many past superbowl winners. that leaves us with some intangibles, the other key items that allow us to win games, and the coaches have to get everyone in position to perform to that level (and not mistakes on their own).

AJM needs to win to give us a playoff bye. How he wins will dictate what happens in the Ravens game and if Andy is a go for the playoffs. AJM giving us a playoff bye to give Andy another week would go down as one of the biggest events of the year if Andy is healthy and goes the distance afterwards.

I'm pretty sure the Bengals unpublicized goals (as most teams, but really only those with a realistic chance)
Win AFC-N
Go undefeated in AFC-N
Get #1 seed with playoff bye
Win the superbowl

The playoffs for us start now, and consistency gets us there but big plays and no turnovers win it. We need big plays tonight.

When you're great, everyone expects greatness. In any professional sport playoffs, it's the littler guy that needs to come up big. The unexpected must perform at a higher level, they have a bigger gap between themselves and greatness.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 02:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I really don't recall how long you were on the original board, so I don't know if you saw my posts during the Bratkowski/Bresnahan years, but I'm definitely not a homer.  I also criticized Guenther a lot last year.  I speak up about the team when I see something wrong.  A homer sees only sunshine and rainbows.  That's not me.  Denny used to defend Bratkowski.  That's a homer.   And I'm not saying  I think Utts isn't a fan just because his opinion differs from mine.  I'm saying I see someone who I perceive is happy when we lose and who predicts losses with glee,  and seems genuinely disappointed when we win. That's why I think he's a troll fan of another team.   And as far as your "stop" comment earlier.  I'll post what I want to post as long as it's within the rules.  You have every right to criticize it if you want, just like I criticize Utts, but don't tell me what to post.

I think it's funny that the proof you can come up with for not being a homer is that you criticized Bob Bratkowski and Chuck Bresnahan.  When was that?  2009?

No matter.  The problem here is that you're taking me calling you a homer as an insult.  It's not.  I'm not going to tell you how to root for your team, and rooting for them no matter what is certainly not a bad thing.  In the same vein, I wont tell Utts how to root for his team.  If he wants to criticize every move they make....whatever.  It seems miserable to me, but if that's what floats his boat, more power to him.

It's funny though, that you tell me to stop telling you to stop.  Why don't you stop telling me to stop telling you to stop?  I will call people out for crying about other people as long as it is within the rules, just as you stated that you'll cry about the way others express their happiness or frustration with the team in whatever way you'd like, as long as it is within the rules.

I will tell you what to post if I want to.  You don't have to listen....just like I wont listen to you telling me not to.

Again, saying that someone isn't a fan because you disagree with them is lame.  Stop it.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 03:39 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I think it's funny that the proof you can come up with for not being a homer is that you criticized Bob Bratkowski and Chuck Bresnahan.  When was that?  2009?

No matter.  The problem here is that you're taking me calling you a homer as an insult.  It's not.  I'm not going to tell you how to root for your team, and rooting for them no matter what is certainly not a bad thing.  In the same vein, I wont tell Utts how to root for his team.  If he wants to criticize every move they make....whatever.  It seems miserable to me, but if that's what floats his boat, more power to him.

It's funny though, that you tell me to stop telling you to stop.  Why don't you stop telling me to stop telling you to stop?  I will call people out for crying about other people as long as it is within the rules, just as you stated that you'll cry about the way others express their happiness or frustration with the team in whatever way you'd like, as long as it is within the rules.

I will tell you what to post if I want to.  You don't have to listen....just like I wont listen to you telling me not to.

Again, saying that someone isn't a fan because you disagree with them is lame.  Stop it.
I never said he wasn't a fan because I disagree with him.  I said he wasn't a fan because he loves it when the Bengals fail and hates it when they succeed, which is my interpretation of what he posts. He posts losing predictions with glee in my opinion.  When he turns out to be wrong, he  hopefully predicts more doom and gloom.  My opinion!  And that is why I think he's not a fan.    As far as being a homer, I guess you missed my criticism of Guenther last year.  I guess you missed my defense of people on the previous board that the homers were always calling out as "not true fans" simply because they had a criticism of the team.  That's not what this is in Utts' case.  I suspect from his posts that he really isn't a fan.   Of course I am not going to let you tell me what to post.  It's ridiculous.  Do you try and order around everyone or just me?   If you want to continue with your absurdity, go ahead, but you have zero authority to tell me what to post.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 04:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I never said he wasn't a fan because I disagree with him.  I said he wasn't a fan because he loves it when the Bengals fail and hates it when they succeed, which is my interpretation of what he posts. He posts losing predictions with glee in my opinion.  When he turns out to be wrong, he  hopefully predicts more doom and gloom.  My opinion!  And that is why I think he's not a fan.    As far as being a homer, I guess you missed my criticism of Guenther last year.  I guess you missed my defense of people on the previous board that the homers were always calling out as "not true fans" simply because they had a criticism of the team.  That's not what this is in Utts' case.  I suspect from his posts that he really isn't a fan.   Of course I am not going to let you tell me what to post.  It's ridiculous.  Do you try and order around everyone or just me?   If you want to continue with your absurdity, go ahead, but you have zero authority to tell me what to post.  

You have made a much larger deal out of this than what was needed.  I simply told you that you should stop calling out others' fanhood.  Your defense level over it is off the charts. 

No worries, Bonnie.  I don't think you're really a Bengals fan either.  Have a good day.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 04:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You have made a much larger deal out of this than what was needed.  I simply told you that you should stop calling out others' fanhood.  Your defense level over it is off the charts. 

No worries, Bonnie.  I don't think you're really a Bengals fan either.  Have a good day.

I think you are the one made a big deal out of it, as you are the one who started it.  I don't like being ordered around.  But I'm done with this discussion too.  If I'm not a Bengals fan then nobody is, including you, Mike Brown, and Who Dey the Tiger. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 04:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think you are the one made a big deal out of it, as you are the one who started it.  I don't like being ordered around.  But I'm done with this discussion too.  If I'm not a Bengals fan then nobody is, including you, Mike Brown, and Who Dey the Tiger. 

So now, You, me, Utts, Mike Brown, and the mascot are all not fans?!?!? Holy moly...
LFG  

Reply/Quote