Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(09-02-2015, 11:39 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: That's throwing up a 500 internal server error.

Doesn't for me.  Weird.

[Image: 090215_A.jpg]

Edit: I changed it anyway now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-02-2015, 11:39 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: That's throwing up a 500 internal server error.

Yeah Dino is a train wreck today.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-02-2015, 11:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken,  they were offered a gender neutral staff bathroom to change in, but insisted on being able to use the female locker room.

I believe so. And I don't feel to bad if that's the case. If we're talking about 1-2% of the student population, it doesn't justify disrupting 98%-99% by building a transgender facility, making the 98-99% change with someone still physically of the opposite sex or something else.

To me, it's like having a non-English speaking student. Get them someone to work with them in class or one on one, give them some.after school services, or something, but don't start teaching the class in Canadian just because the kid is from Ontario.
(09-02-2015, 01:24 PM)Benton Wrote: I believe so. And I don't feel to bad if that's the case. If we're talking about 1-2% of the student population, it doesn't justify disrupting 98%-99% by building a transgender facility, making the 98-99% change with someone still physically of the opposite sex or something else.

To me, it's like having a non-English speaking student. Get them someone to work with them in class or one on one, give them some.after school services, or something, but don't start teaching the class in Canadian just because the kid is from Ontario.

*too
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-02-2015, 01:24 PM)Benton Wrote: I believe so. And I don't feel to bad if that's the case. If we're talking about 1-2% of the student population, it doesn't justify disrupting 98%-99% by building a transgender facility, making the 98-99% change with someone still physically of the opposite sex or something else.

Fookin Canadians.
Trying to teach our kids curling and hockey. 
(09-02-2015, 10:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly!

[Image: 9_17_2012_4_14_45_PM_300x214.png]

ThumbsUp

I want one of those...for reasons
(09-02-2015, 01:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I want one of those...for reasons

Redlegs got it with one try.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-02-2015, 11:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Doesn't for me.  Weird.

[Image: 090215_A.jpg]

Edit:  I changed it anyway now.

(09-02-2015, 01:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I want one of those...for reasons

(09-02-2015, 02:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Redlegs got it with one try.
:angry:
(09-02-2015, 08:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why do you have a problem with the locals making the decision?  And you never proved the first time, so I know you can't do it now, that there is a "danger" to half the school because one person get changed in the other locker room.

And this says it all about your mentality when it comes to anyone YOU consider different:  "Make fun of them".  And "the boys can handle it while the girls never could."

May your god help you.

Locals have spoken. The parents are livid. Time to change things up.

The danger part is 50% because I was just saying that half the population (females) would be in danger when forced to use a locker room with a man. They don't need the trauma of seeing this dude naked. As a father of girls in sire you can see my point.

As I see it if you support the locker room policy of letting he/she's in there then your ok with a community locker room situation.

I also don't think its Right to have she/he's in with the boys.

This just keeps making me chuckle.
LOL

But in all seriousness, I believe locker rooms have needed an overhaul for decades.
I believe there should be a lot more privacy, in the first place.
There should be stalls installed within the large shower room and around 5-6 changing rooms/stalls would be appropriate within the locker room.
There should be no instance where a person could be gazing upon another's nakedness .
Not only would it make things easier to sort out for the people in the story I posted, it would also alleviate any anxiety concerning homosexual boys and girls using the same areas.
That is what I did not get about people suggesting the person in the story use the boys locker room.
What if that person is attracted to boys ?
Are we not nearly in the same boat ?
More privacy is the only reasonable solution that I see, without blowing things out of proportion. 
(09-02-2015, 02:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Locals have spoken.   The parents are livid.   Time to change things up.  

The danger part is 50% because I was just saying that half the population (females) would be in danger when forced to use a locker room with a man.   They don't need the trauma of seeing this dude naked.   As a father of girls in sire you can see my point.    

As I see it if you support the locker room policy of letting he/she's in there then your ok with a community locker room situation.  

I also don't think its    Right to have she/he's in with the boys.

Ok, my question was sarcastic as you are always about the locals should make the rules and if you don't like you can move!   Smirk

However in this country we help and protect minorities as best we can so odds are good this would have stood had the person involved not handled it themselves by dropping the class.

Also you continue see danger where there is none...so there's that.
(09-02-2015, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ok, my question was sarcastic as you are always about the locals should make the rules and if you don't like you can move!   Smirk

However in this country we help and protect minorities as best we can so odds are good this would have stood had the person involved not handled it themselves by dropping the class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance

"In hypervigilance, there is a perpetual scanning of the environment to search for sights, sounds, people, behaviors, smells, or anything else that is reminiscent of threat or trauma. The individual is placed on high alert in order to be certain danger is not near. Hypervigilance can lead to a variety of obsessive behavior patterns, as well as producing difficulties with social interaction and relationships."

It's a condition that I actually have an issue with, time to time.
I really HATE malls.
Confused
(09-02-2015, 03:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance

"In hypervigilance, there is a perpetual scanning of the environment to search for sights, sounds, people, behaviors, smells, or anything else that is reminiscent of threat or trauma. The individual is placed on high alert in order to be certain danger is not near. Hypervigilance can lead to a variety of obsessive behavior patterns, as well as producing difficulties with social interaction and relationships."

It's a condition that I actually have an issue with, time to time.
I really HATE malls.
Confused

Lucy isn't hyper vigilant.  He's hyper make stuff up.
I'm not saying there is an easy answer to this, but I have to wonder where people get the idea that reevaluating the locker room situation is going to turn the after-gym changing period into a scene from Calligula.
(09-02-2015, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ok, my question was sarcastic as you are always about the locals should make the rules and if you don't like you can move!   Smirk

The kids not a minority, he's a freak.

I'm a minority. I am white but I feel like I'm a black man. Been struggling with this all my life.
My penis is very large and I can sing the blues.
Been discriminated against..denied Affirmative Action benefits.
Help me...I am transracial.
(09-02-2015, 11:14 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: The kids not a minority, he's a freak.

I'm a minority. I am white but I feel like I'm a black man. Been struggling with this all my life.
Help me. 

[Image: TheJerk.jpg]

Help me. 

There's one kid like that in the school.

That's a minority.  ThumbsUp

If you're REALLY a black guy you need to prove it.  Let some white guy shoot you and once white people are convinced you deserved it I'll be convinced you are black.

So which poster here made this alt?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Lest we forget about this minority, the transabled.

People that feel like they should be disabled...feel like imposters in their fully working bodies.
One such transabled cut off his own perfectly working arm and now feels much better.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies

Note: People that feel they should be mentally handicapped become Democrats.