Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary goes down
(07-25-2015, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bonnie, I like Scott Walker.  Mainly because of his 'durability' if you will.  He won 3 elections in 4 years, in a predominately Democrat State.  He took a major State budget deficit, and turned it into a surplus.  He gave the surplus back to the citizens of Wisconsin, at the extreme bane of the Democrats in the Wisconsin State Legislature.  This man can get things done, he knows how to bargain with both sides of the political aisle.  People want to rag on him for not finishing College, yet he's still the Governor.. 

I also like Ted Cruz, for a whole host of reasons, (mainly dealing with boarder control and his dislike of dirty politics). 

Oh, and I would also throw Bobby Jindal in there.  After hearing him address the media in regard to the theater shootings.  This man can speak his mind clearly and concisely, on his feet, no teleprompter needed..  I hadn't given him a second thought, prior to watching him handle that press conference.

Ted Cruze.....or Rand Paul from the GOP.....the rest support the TPP, and are bought and paid for scum.  There are only a couple Dems who oppose it as well, but I think Bernie Sanders may be the only one of note.  I can't remember the list, verbatim, but these are the names that stood out.

If ANYONE supports the TPP, you are doing our future generations a GREAT disservice by giving them your vote.  Just my opinion, but this thing gets scarier and scarier the more I read about it.  The fact that it sees very little light of day in the media versus SSM and flags tells me all I need to know about this shady deal.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-27-2015, 01:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You should know better by now.   The klan has always been a democrat thing.   And will alwags be ....

Exactly, which is why all those southern states with high (comparatively) klan membership consistently vote Democrat.  Troll away wanna be mod.
(07-27-2015, 10:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly, which is why all those southern states with high (comparatively) klan membership consistently vote Democrat.  Troll away wanna be mod.

Learn your history.
(07-27-2015, 11:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Learn your history.

Got a masters in it, thanks.
(07-27-2015, 11:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Got a masters in it, thanks.

Then you should apply for a refund. ThumbsUp
(07-27-2015, 11:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then you should apply for a refund.    ThumbsUp

University of Phoenix doesn't give refunds.
(07-27-2015, 11:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Learn your history.

Quote:"Klan activism loosened entrenched party loyalties and directly contributed to the dealignment of white voters from the Democratic Party in the 1960s," writes a research team led by sociologist Rory McVeigh of the University of Notre Dame. "This initial untethering process was critical to the more durable subsequent realignment with the Republican Party."

Looking at a longer period—between 1960s and 2000—they found that "Klan counties show an average 3.4 percent greater increase in Republican voting compared to non-Klan counties."

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/kkk-helped-create-solid-gop-south-96090

The KKK isn't really a political affiliation, but if you had to lump its members into a category, it would typically fall under Christian Conservative. The tend to favor the GOP since the early 1960s, and more much since the 80s. To try and put Democrats and the Klan in together is a stretch at best, and for any type of connection you have to go back a century when future southern GOP lawmakers migrated from the Demcratic party.
(07-27-2015, 11:56 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/kkk-helped-create-solid-gop-south-96090

The KKK isn't really a political affiliation, but if you had to lump its members into a category, it would typically fall under Christian Conservative. The tend to favor the GOP since the early 1960s, and more much since the 80s. To try and put Democrats and the Klan in together is a stretch at best, and for any type of connection you have to go back a century when future southern GOP lawmakers migrated from the Demcratic party.

Apply for a refund.
(07-27-2015, 11:56 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/kkk-helped-create-solid-gop-south-96090

Without democrats there is no Klan.   What exists today is just left overs from years gone by.    

What republican policy has been put forth that is pro klan?    I can list loads of democrat policies that have helped the klan recruit  

Saying they are republican just because the south is red now.   That's a little weak.    There has been no GOP policy that would have helped them.  

The klan roots are heavy with the democrats, they have shrunk to basically nothing today.   But we could easily say todays abortion policy is pro klan given 80% of pp are located within minority neighborhoods.  

criminal justice penalties put into play by clinton.   His policies have jailed countless blacks.   That would be pro klan.
(07-27-2015, 11:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: University of Phoenix doesn't give refunds.

lol fair play
(07-28-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   But we could easily say todays abortion policy is pro klan given 80% of pp are located within minority neighborhoods.  

But more white women get abortions than minorities.
(07-28-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Without democrats there is no Klan.   What exists today is just left overs from years gone by.    

What republican policy has been put forth that is pro klan?    I can list loads of democrat policies that have helped the klan recruit  

Saying they are republican just because the south is red now.   That's a little weak.    There has been no GOP policy that would have helped them.  

The klan roots are heavy with the democrats, they have shrunk to basically nothing today.   But we could easily say todays abortion policy is pro klan given 80% of pp are located within minority neighborhoods.  

criminal justice penalties put into play by clinton.   His policies have jailed countless blacks.   That would be pro klan.

There isn't any Democrat legislation that has directly recruited people to the Klan. If you're referring to affirmative action, that's as big a grasp as going back and saying abolishing slavery really helped the KKK recruit members.

Read the link. It's not the only study. The numbers are out there. KKK members largely come from conservative areas. And the roots go back to before desegregation, when southern Democrats changed party affiliation to southern Republicans. 
(07-28-2015, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But more white women get abortions than minorities.

Sure about that? Certainly not in NYC. And I doubt thats an aberration.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-sorry-for-using-private-email/ar-AAe4NkW?ocid=spartanntp

Looks like Hilary is waffling on the emails. This weekend she said she had nothing to apologize for and today she apologizes. Her original stance of she didn't process classified material on her private server to she didn't process anything "labeled" as classified on her server. I sincerely hope she is the best the Dems have to offer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-28-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Without democrats there is no Klan.   What exists today is just left overs from years gone by.    

Google "southern realignment".

Then, see a psychiatrist about your obsession with "PP".
(09-08-2015, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-sorry-for-using-private-email/ar-AAe4NkW?ocid=spartanntp

Looks like Hilary is waffling on the emails. This weekend she said she had nothing to apologize for and today she apologizes. Her original stance of she didn't process classified material on her private server to she didn't process anything "labeled" as classified on her server. I sincerely hope she is the best the Dems have to offer.

She never was.