Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month
(07-06-2017, 11:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they came home smoking cigarettes I would disappointed as well.   Doesn't mean I would stop loving them.

So what would you say/do if one of your children came out to you?

(Noting that's a big if...given your position on the subject.)
(07-06-2017, 11:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: But you also wouldn't tell them they have a mental disorder.

I would recommend counseling.
(07-07-2017, 12:08 AM)Beaker Wrote: So what would you say/do if one of your children came out to you?

(Noting that's a big if...given your position on the subject.)

We don't live in a world of hypotheticals.

And I am certainly not going to tempt fate on this matter.
(07-07-2017, 12:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would recommend counseling.

(07-07-2017, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We don't live in a world of hypotheticals.  

Speaks volumes.

But each parent obviously chooses how they raise their child. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2017, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We don't live in a world of hypotheticals.  

You've already tempted fate with your position on the subject. Labeling your child as mentally ill for their sexual preference may well irreconcilably alter your relationship with them.
(07-06-2017, 03:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I am crying for the White House to do a press release about a month dedicated to my family then it's relevant to this thread.

I'm not sure what this straw man has to do with you sounding ridiculous. I guess my point resonated more than you want to admit. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2017, 08:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: You've already tempted fate with your position on the subject. Labeling your child as mentally ill for their sexual preference may well irreconcilably alter your relationship with them.

Na.
(07-07-2017, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure what this straw man has to do with you sounding ridiculous. I guess my point resonated more than you want to admit. 

This is a thread about the gays wanting a month to be a gay month. Then expecting the White House to mention it in a press release.

That's about as ridiculous as there being a StLucieBengal month on the board and for me to expect holic to announce.

The gays do not need a month or any further coddling. Just keep your personal life personal and everyone gets along.
(07-06-2017, 06:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Good.

OK. I don't think you're a bad person for thinking that. It depends of the definition of "normal", and sure, one "normal" way is the male/female way. Then again, about 10% of people are gay (maybe the number is wrong, but a certain part are and obviously always were throughout history), and all narratives I heard of point to them being gay by nature.  That these camps for getting rid of those feelings don't work and create much suffering. Hence, there's nothing a gay person can do about it, it's not a choice. Like it wasn't mine to be "normal" and attracted to women.
Therefore I think gay people are "normal" just like you and me, because there's a natural occurrence, like left-handed people. My definition of normality.

The more pressing question is what follows your stance that they are "off", what's the conclusion. Should they not be treated as equals in their society because of that? Are their relationships, their love less worthy? Should they be repressed and faught, ostracized and hidden away? I answer with a clear "no", I think that's the empathic stance, and therefore I'm for full acceptance. No good would come from not doing so. Only human suffering.

Honestly, im not sure. Thats the question I have been struggling with as a Christian. God tells us to love all people, so I try to. If someone is homosexual then I look at it through the lens like I explained in my previous post. 

I think its important to treat homosexuals with respect and treat them like anyone else in this world. If they can find someone in this world that they love...then more power to them. 

My biggest fear is that being a homosexual becomes "trendy" and that people that arent truly homosexual become homosexual because society IS so accepting of it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(07-07-2017, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Honestly, im not sure. Thats the question I have been struggling with as a Christian. God tells us to love all people, so I try to. If someone is homosexual then I look at it through the lens like I explained in my previous post. 

I think its important to treat homosexuals with respect and treat them like anyone else in this world. If they can find someone in this world that they love...then more power to them. 

My biggest fear is that being a homosexual becomes "trendy" and that people that arent truly homosexual become homosexual because society IS so accepting of it.

I don't think that's going to happen.  I mean do you know any straight person who would have sex with another man because it's trendy?  I can see men acting in a sterotypically gay way (metrosexuals) but they are still going to be hetero between the sheets.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-07-2017, 11:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think that's going to happen.  I mean do you know any straight person who would have sex with another man because it's trendy?  I can see men acting in a sterotypically gay way (metrosexuals) but they are still going to be hetero between the sheets.

We have people changing genders because it's trendy. Heck even that woman with a beard who says she is no gender and is trying to list her baby as no gender until they can choose.
(07-07-2017, 11:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think that's going to happen.  I mean do you know any straight person who would have sex with another man because it's trendy?  I can see men acting in a sterotypically gay way (metrosexuals) but they are still going to be hetero between the sheets.

When I see a post about being gay being "trendy" I know that person has never had a relationship with someone who is gay.  They have no idea what they lives are like.

They've also never known a girl in college who "experimented".   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2017, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Honestly, im not sure. Thats the question I have been struggling with as a Christian. God tells us to love all people, so I try to. If someone is homosexual then I look at it through the lens like I explained in my previous post. 

I think its important to treat homosexuals with respect and treat them like anyone else in this world.

So what are you not sure about? That's actually all they are asking for.

(07-07-2017, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My biggest fear is that being a homosexual becomes "trendy" and that people that arent truly homosexual become homosexual because society IS so accepting of it.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. There might be more people that are openly gay instead of closeted, instead of maybe even unhappily married becaúse of social pressure. That's a good thing in my book.
Most people aren't "a bit" homosexual, although things like bisexuality do of course exist. I just don't fully grasp where the "fear" lies there. Those few who actually are attracted to both sexes and make a "choice" to life a gay life don't hurt anyone either. The danger that all mankind, or even a majority, will become gay because it's trendy seems irrational. Could you do that - become gay? I certainly could not.
(07-07-2017, 10:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a thread about the gays wanting a month to be a gay month.  Then expecting the White House to mention it in a press release.  

That's about as ridiculous as there being a StLucieBengal month on the board and for me to expect holic to announce.  

The gays do not need a month or any further coddling.   Just keep your personal life personal and everyone gets along.

Again, what does any of this have to do with your ridiculous comments? You just keep rambling.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]