Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
Hobson just posted on twitter re: John Ross injury....
Hobson Wrote:Initial reports on Ross: not serious. Out a couple of weeks
https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/903653437186777088
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess that's good... But damn did our first few games get that much more difficult.
Reply/Quote
Not a promising start. Eifert think Ross gets hurt easily.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Out for the season then Eifert style
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:55 PM)Seaneh Wrote: Out for the season then Eifert style

You shut yo mouth!  Smack
Reply/Quote
WTF! So whats the diagnosis? Just seems odd he was on the sideline no ice no heat no wrap. I just dont trust our Doctors.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WTF! So whats the diagnosis? Just seems odd he was on the sideline no ice no heat no wrap. I just dont trust our Doctors.

Bengals actual doc:
[Image: Papa-Shango-voodoo-wrestler.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals actual doc:
[Image: Papa-Shango-voodoo-wrestler.jpg]

Out a couple games till the truth comes out once he gets a 2nd opinion. 
Reply/Quote
It seem like ppl were looking forward to him getting hurt so they can say I told you so as if he was the only player in the draft that had been hurt in college. Reuben Foster had an shoulder injury as well as Lattimore Sidney Jones and plenty others. Then I get tired of seeing some say he is slightly built when he is 5'11" 188 lbs. He is bigger than Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith and Deshawn Jackson to name a few. Last note y'all do realize Odell Beckham Jr missed his pre season and first hand full of games his rookie year but giants fans were not calling him fragile or applauding. Come on now are u a bengals can or not?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:16 PM)804 fan Wrote: It seem like ppl were looking forward to him getting hurt so they can say I told you so as if he was the only player in the draft that had been hurt in college. Reuben Foster had an shoulder injury as well as Lattimore Sidney Jones and plenty others. Then I get tired of seeing some say he is slightly built when he is 5'11" 188 lbs. He is bigger than Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith and Deshawn Jackson to name a few. Last note y'all do realize Odell Beckham Jr missed his pre season and first hand full of games his rookie year but giants fans were not calling him fragile or applauding. Come on now are u a bengals can or not?

No, I am not a bengals can. But this is! Hilarious

[Image: 0001820000.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:16 PM)804 fan Wrote: It seem like ppl were looking forward to him getting hurt so they can say I told you so as if he was the only player in the draft that had been hurt in college. Reuben Foster had an shoulder injury as well as Lattimore Sidney Jones and plenty others. Then I get tired of seeing some say he is slightly built when he is 5'11" 188 lbs. He is bigger than Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith and Deshawn Jackson to name a few. Last note y'all do realize Odell Beckham Jr missed his pre season and first hand full of games his rookie year but giants fans were not calling him fragile or applauding. Come on now are u a bengals can or not?

I don't think anybody wants him to get hurt but it was a really big risk drafting a player with multiple current injuries at the time of the draft and his size and injury history at pick #9. It would be nice if he could stay healthy but I didn't understand the reason to take a risk with a top 10 pick when he was drafted and I still don't understand it now. So many reports that a lot of teams had him flagged for his injury history and he would slide to the 2nd round due to that right before the draft took place, and yet the Bengals took him in the top 10....it made no sense.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

I dont think anyone was wishing he was seriously injured. Its just the fact that yes he was injured in college but more so we also have a recent history of having horrible luck with first round picks starting their first season injured. Just the norm around here.
Reply/Quote
If Ced O shows minimal improvement it won't matter who is playing WR, RB, or QB. This season hinges on the oline play.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:21 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I don't think anybody wants him to get hurt but it was a really big risk drafting a player with multiple current injuries at the time of the draft and his size and injury history at pick #9. It would be nice if he could stay healthy but I didn't understand the reason to take a risk with a top 10 pick when he was drafted and I still don't understand it now. So many reports that a lot of teams had him flagged for his injury history and he would slide to the 2nd round due to that right before the draft took place, and yet the Bengals took him in the top 10....it made no sense.

Agreed. I hate the pick, but he's a Bengal now so I hope he stays healthy and becomes a pro bowler. I will root him on every game but he has to show he can contribute first. It just seems like anyone who disagrees with the Ross pick is anti Bengal, or wants to see a guy get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WTF! So whats the diagnosis? Just seems odd he was on the sideline no ice no heat no wrap. I just dont trust our Doctors.

Said it was a sprained knee after MRI showed no tears. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I don't think we will ever be able to rely on Ross. We all knew it was a suspect pick to begin with. He's the 5th best receiver taken 9th overall. For a team trying to get over the hump, that isn't how it works. Now he can't handle an end around without getting hurt. I think whatever he provides we have to take, but Mixon is our top pick in this draft class.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There are definitely some that are hoping for Ross to be injured and do poorly. There are some on here who love nothing more than to say I told you so. Just like there are some that want Dalton to get injured so that McCarron can play. I'm not saying it's a lot or anything, before anyone tries to twist what I'm saying. However, there are some.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No, I am not a bengals can. But this is! Hilarious

[Image: 0001820000.jpg]

Psh to that.. go old school or go home!

[Image: hu-dey_beer.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: There are definitely some that are hoping for Ross to be injured and do poorly. There are some on here who love nothing more than to say I told you so. Just like there are some that want Dalton to get injured so that McCarron can play. I'm not saying it's a lot or anything, before anyone tries to twist what I'm saying. However, there are some.

I agree some (few) and my guess is those will be the ones who fight against your statements the hardest.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Said it was a sprained knee after MRI showed no tears. 

Damnit. Hope this dosent turn into one of those drawn out injuries where they keep listing him as questionable and holding him back week after week. Anyone know if it was due to contact maybe defender twisted or hit the knee? If this was just from making a cut it's not a good sign.

So who takes his place in the meantime. Both Core and Malone can go deep. I wish we would use Erickson in the slot more. Anyway this sucks. Get well Ross.
Reply/Quote