Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-05-2017, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one, Mike Williams is good at going up for the ball but he is a bit slow coming in and out of his routes.

Corey Davis was from a smaller school and we don't know how he will fair against the CB's in the NFL.

Quite a leap.

All these guys are injured but i would take Ross over these guys any day of the week. Bet he has the best NFL career.

Well judging by Ross not being the 1st WR picked...atleast some GM's would disagree.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 02:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You're right, I agree, he's earned the label of being a dirty player, and also wondered why it took him so long to fix some of those issues. But he's an impact player/tone setter and you pretty much have to have those on your team. And like I said, if he gets better at it, it shows me he does truly care about what's best for him and the team. 

The safety thing is something I agree with but the way they go about it is laughable. They have zero consistency for said rules and they don't enforce them on every player. So I am jaded with them enforcing player safety, but only when it fits their special, ever changing criteria. 

Burfict will NEVER shed his dirty player reputation. He could 100% clean up his act and he's going to get called for more personal fouls and suspended. The guys are moving too fast and the game happens too fast. He's going to collide with a player wrong and get suspended.

It's just a matter of when he's out of the league with a year suspension...then the next one they'll ban him for life.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict will NEVER shed his dirty player reputation. He could 100% clean up his act and he's going to get called for more personal fouls and suspended. The guys are moving too fast and the game happens too fast. He's going to collide with a player wrong and get suspended.

It's just a matter of when he's out of the league with a year suspension...then the next one they'll ban him for life.

No, not from the general public but as a fan of him and the team, I personally respect it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The league is going to make an example out of him and get him out of the league and point to it as their way of trying to address the concussion issues.

It's kind of obvious to see that coming. His hit in the KC game wasn't a dirty hit. It's coming. He's eventually going to be banned.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 03:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The league is going to make an example out of him and get him out of the league and point to it as their way of trying to address the concussion issues.

It's kind of obvious to see that coming. His hit in the KC game wasn't a dirty hit. It's coming. He's eventually going to be banned.

Right.  Because the Steelers want him gone because they have no answer for him.  The pathetic thing is that when he goes to make a tackle, the nearest official will be reaching for his flag before the hit is even made.  And they don't do that for anyone else.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
On topic, fellas, and off each other.

That felt weird to type.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 04:26 PM)Benton Wrote: On topic, fellas, and off each other.

That felt weird to type.

Mellow

I have my own stalker.  But I'm not allowed to say anything about it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  Because the Steelers want him gone because they have no answer for him.  The pathetic thing is that when he goes to make a tackle, the nearest official will be reaching for his flag before the hit is even made.  And they don't do that for anyone else.

The Steelers pretty much own the Bengals since Lewis has been here. To say they have no answer for Burfict is inaccurate.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I do think we could win 1 of our 1st 3 games, but 0-3 is a possibility. 1-2 is what I think we'll start. I can't see us starting 3-0 no matter how optimistic I am.

I also think the Browns could beat us and probably do beat us once this year.

I'm also thinking 0-3 or 1 -2, but we could come back strong later in the season.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well judging by Ross not being the 1st WR picked...atleast some GM's would disagree.

True, but i think they will be wrong, but this is just my opinion.

I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 01:44 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How so? He had one personal foul last year and was much cleaner than years past. And he's not been in any trouble outside the stadium either. he's getting better, but he's an aggressive football player and it scares the "lets make football into two-hand touch" people to death. 

Spot on HH. Burfict has changed for the better.

Just sucks the NFL still has it out for him with that blatantly biased suspension.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on HH. Burfict has changed for the better.

Just sucks the NFL still has it out for him with that blatantly biased suspension.

I don't know that it's biased. It's based on his track record and reputation. He's built that throughout college and the Pros.

ie This is largely on Burfict. He earned his reputation and it's coming back to bite him now.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 07:40 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: The only way I see it getting changed is if a few of the NFL's 'faces' get injured for the year. Rodgers. Brady. Go down for the year, it'll be changed.

Let's hope my QB stays healthy. I hope you guys go undefeated except against us this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  Because the Steelers want him gone because they have no answer for him.  The pathetic thing is that when he goes to make a tackle, the nearest official will be reaching for his flag before the hit is even made.  And they don't do that for anyone else.

Burfict (and all Bengals players) have only 1 choice, just start going for the knees and ankles every tackle. If he blows out a guy's knee or breaks his ankle each week, it is legal and just a part of the game. He needs to stay away from anything above the chest.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that it's biased. It's based on his track record and reputation. He's built that throughout college and the Pros.

ie This is largely on Burfict. He earned his reputation and it's coming back to bite him now.

James Harrison earned his reputation as well and the man is still in the league approaching 40. Burfict has to adapt to the new rules and going after knees versus heads and he will be just fine.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Burfict (and all Bengals players) have only 1 choice, just start going for the knees and ankles every tackle. If he blows out a guy's knee or breaks his ankle each week, it is legal and just a part of the game. He needs to stay away from anything above the chest.

And sadly Burfict will still be criticized for "taking out the knees" of other players.
Burfict's best bet (although not great) might be to stay at arm's length and wrap up in the midsection every time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And sadly Burfict will still be criticized for "taking out the knees" of other players.
Burfict's best bet (although not great) might be to stay at arm's length and wrap up in the midsection every time.

They can whine and cry like bitches all day long, but as long as he hits legally, not a darn thing they can or the league can do.

Reply/Quote
In the camp of not wanting to draft Ross at 9.

Yet it had nothing to do with him. Like him and his skill set. Just thought a dominant pass rusher or OL was needed more.

Like the kid and think he could be great if not injury prone. Which the jury is still out on that for me.

But in the camp of it is getting tiresome not getting our early round picks on the field as well.

It certainly was a nice thing when AJ and Dalton came right in and played and made many on here sport an ugly new sig. So it can be a good thing.

Plus in the one that says Bengals out two weeks usually means more and sometimes much more. Hope this is not the case.

And did we really compare the 166th pick in the draft (Marvin Jones) expectations to the #9 overall selection ? Two different levels of expectations in my book.

But was a great comparison about Tyler Eifert and Marvin Jones durability. It was kind of an eye opener somewhat.

Wish the kid well and his skill sets could really help us out immediately even as a decoy.

Will finish by saying that believe Mixon is the top prize out of this draft. But Ross is right behind him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: In the camp of not wanting to draft Ross at 9.

Yet it had nothing to do with him. Like him and his skill set. Just thought a dominant pass rusher or OL was needed more.

Like the kid and think he could be great if not injury prone. Which the jury is still out on that for me.

But in the camp of it is getting tiresome not getting our early round picks on the field as well.

It certainly was a nice thing when AJ and Dalton came right in and played and made many on here sport an ugly new sig. So it can be a good thing.

Plus in the one that says Bengals out two weeks usually means more and sometimes much more. Hope this is not the case.

And did we really compare the 166th pick in the draft (Marvin Jones) expectations to the #9 overall selection ? Two different levels of expectations in my book.

But was a great comparison about Tyler Eifert and Marvin Jones durability. It was kind of an eye opener somewhat.

Wish the kid well and his skill sets could really help us out immediately even as a decoy.

Will finish by saying that believe Mixon is the top prize out of this draft. But Ross is right behind him.

Agreed WR was not as much of a need as DL/OL, but Ross was BPA over the OL/DL players available at 9, so I understand the selection.

What irks me is that the Bengals should have known the OL class was weak and should have tagged Whitworth to avoid any potential scenario where he would leave.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well judging by Ross not being the 1st WR picked...atleast some GM's would disagree.

It's only proven that 2 disagreed. I don't feel like digging for it (and it never changed any minds anyway), but I've posted a poll that showed most NFL scouts felt Ross was the most talented/complete WR in the draft. People ignored it and continued with their narratives.

Just like how dozens of posters have pointed out a laundry list of successful WRs with the same size or smaller than Ross. That gets ignored. People point out that Ross wasn't just about speed. That he ran a complete route tree and has excellent hands. That gets ignored.

I don't agree (yet) with the level of worry concerning Ross' current injury, but I get it. I don't get people pretending he wasn't a great prospect. 

(09-07-2017, 11:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They can whine and cry like bitches all day long, but as long as he hits legally, not a darn thing they can or the league can do.

The league has already proven they can and will do something when Burfict hits legally. The precedent is there and it can and will happen again. Probably this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote