Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-25-2023, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: Palestinians don't have a sitting army.

So children and infants are supposed to speak out against Hamas?

What is the role of Hamas? Yes, women and men have had a long time to speak out and remove Hamas, but they did not. Now they want everyone to feel sorry for them after a more brutal attack against Jews since the Holocaust.

Hamas was voted in to represent Palestinians, they are a known terrorist group. There are no winners in war, Israel found out civilians were in play on October 7. Hamas put them in play, not Israel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, polling right now, especially national level polling, is worthless. We all know that I defend polling and the statistics behind it, but the methodology is important. Polls at this point in the game don't mean anything because there are sooooooooo many people who are not paying attention to any of the noise about the candidates right now. In addition, there is more than a year between now and election day. So many things can happen. Hell, given the way things are going, we may be in a nuclear winter by then and elections will be meaningless!

Right now people are wondering if the right did too much to platform RFK and if he's going to hurt them more than Biden.  Maybe he drops out, maybe he runs, maybe this and maybe that.  The 2024 election seems like a crap shoot (if not crap chute) and we can sit here and talk about policy all we want but perception and the turnout of unlikely voters in key states is likely to have a bigger impact than that.

That and Biden and Trump could be dead or incapacitated etc by 2024 and it wouldn't be surprising.  I think if Trump were out of the race today for some reason Biden would start a "hand the baton to Newsome" campaign, anyways.  But overall, it seems like 2024 is just another toss of the dice and maybe that's the way things are from now on or maybe it's just the way things are as long as Trump is involved in things.

After the 2020 midterm was amazingly friendly to democrats while they had absolutely no reason to not get crushed, I'm not seeing how people can just assume Biden being unpopular is enough for people to crawl back to the MAGA GOP.  It could happen, but the old school GOP seems way safer of a bet.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What is the role of Hamas? Yes, women and men have had a long time to speak out and remove Hamas, but they did not. Now they want everyone to feel sorry for them after a more brutal attack against Jews since the Holocaust.

Hamas was voted in to represent Palestinians, they are a known terrorist group. There are no winners in war, Israel found out civilians were in play on October 7. Hamas put them in play, not Israel.

They don't have the freedom to do that.  They want to be free and the only people who try to fight for that is Hamas.  Which itself was built up by Netanyahu.

You are completely blind to the people's plight and willing to ignore the entire history.  And deliberately so. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The non-Trump GOP candidates poll better against Biden.  Biden having a decent shot to win in 2024 is more linked to Trump being his opponent than anything else.  I feel like you aren't acknowledging that we are on the same page in regards to Biden's crappieness because you don't want to agree with someone who also admits that Trump is crap.

Do you have any polls to validate your claim? I do and you are wrong. As far as Trump, I will support any GOP nominee over Biden or any liberal. We can't afford 4 more years of bad policies the Democrats support.

Friday, October 20, 2023

Race/Topic   (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
2024 Republican Presidential Nomination Emerson Trump 59, DeSantis 8, Haley 8, Ramaswamy 3, Pence 3, Christie 4, Scott 1, Hutchinson 1, Burgum 1 Trump +51
2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination Emerson Biden 70, Williamson 10, Kennedy Biden +60
2024 Republican Presidential Nomination Harvard-Harris Trump 60, DeSantis 11, Haley 7, Ramaswamy 6, Pence 4, Christie 2, Scott 2, Hutchinson 0, Burgum 0 Trump +49
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Harvard-Harris Trump 52, Biden 48 Trump +4
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Emerson Trump 47, Biden 45 Trump +2
General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Kennedy Harvard-Harris Biden 36, Trump 42, Kennedy 22 Trump +6

General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Kennedy vs. West Harvard-Harris Trump 41, Biden 34, Kennedy 21, West 3 Trump +7
General Election: DeSantis vs. Biden Harvard-Harris Biden 44, DeSantis 40 Biden +4
General Election: Haley vs. Biden Harvard-Harris Haley 38, Biden 42 Biden +4
General Election: Trump vs. Harris Harvard-Harris Trump 48, Harris 41 Trump +7
General Election: DeSantis vs. Harris Harvard-Harris Harris 42, DeSantis 42 Tie
General Election: Haley vs. Harris Harvard-Harris Harris 41, Haley 39 Harris +2
President Biden Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 44, Disapprove 53 Disapprove +9
President Biden Job Approval Emerson Approve 42, Disapprove 50 Disapprove +8
2024 Generic Congressional Vote Emerson Republicans 44, Democrats 45 Democrats +1
Congressional Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 30, Disapprove 63 Disapprove +33
Direction of Country Harvard-Harris Right Direction 33, Wrong Track 58 Wrong Track +25
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you have any polls to validate your claim? I do and you are wrong.

Conservatives thinking that Trump has the best chance to beat Biden is pretty much key to Biden eeking out a win, so...
Reply/Quote
They have all their eggs in the fragile basket this is P01135809.

Their entire existence is based on hanging on to the MAGA cult votes and hoping THEY are the next to win them over.

This what you get when you elect people who have no understanding of history.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Mike Johnson, aka Jim Jordan w/o the baggage, won the Speakership.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 07:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's more likely now to come from the right.  The left can whine about gerrymandering and the electoral college and altering the supreme court, but right now the right is led by a guy who is telling everyone that multiple branches of our government are outright corrupt and under fascist control and need dismantled.  Biden is an illegally installed fascist.  The DOJ is run by fascists thugs who purposefully target republicans and they're coming for you after they unjustly ruin Trump...I guess the legislative branch is corrupt too, I'm sure there is something out there about it.

I'm used to hearing people complain about our government and our system and our country and how much we need to 2A this and overthrow that, but I've never heard such things mentioned by such powerful people with so much mainstream influence.  So if nothing else, I'll say the left isn't going to be overthrowing anything until we can make it out of our current predicament.  Then again, if Trump wins in 2024 maybe a bunch of lefties lose their collective minds and start stockpiling arms.  I've spent most of my life around white people, so my view of people who collect guns to "fight the government someday" is pretty limited to them.  

What is he wrong about?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives thinking that Trump has the best chance to beat Biden is pretty much key to Biden eeking out a win, so...

[Image: gun-to-head-nodding-nod-suicide.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What is he wrong about?

Call it a hunch, but I just don't think Donald Trump has totally altruistic and patriotic reasons behind his declaration that our government is corrupt and needs dismantled by any means necessary.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:28 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Johnson, aka Jim Jordan w/o the baggage, won the Speakership.

Sweet!  Great news!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sweet!  Great news!

We'll see if it pays off.  After the 2020 midterms failed to produce a red tsunami I'm skeptical the GOP's path to power is going to come via empowering the more extreme members of the party. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:28 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Johnson, aka Jim Jordan w/o the baggage, won the Speakership.

I guess that means that the chimney from the P&R chamber of the House of Bengalsboard is now puffing White smoke?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Call it a hunch, but I just don't think Donald Trump has totally altruistic and patriotic reasons behind his declaration that our government is corrupt and needs dismantled by any means necessary.  

That's a possibility, but I'll take my chances with Trump unless the Dems do a complete about face from the far left and have a much better, truly moderate (which currently means right leaning to dems) candidate than Biden.

IMO Biden gets the vote from people who have enough money to not feel the current pain and those looking for free stuff.  Everyone else is getting hosed and feeling the pain.  No point in voting for more pain unless of course you're a masochist.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We'll see if it pays off.  After the 2020 midterms failed to produce a red tsunami I'm skeptical the GOP's path to power is going to come via empowering the more extreme members of the party. 

That was 2020.  People have had some time to feel some real pain with no end in sight and see some real failure.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's a possibility, but I'll take my chances with Trump unless the Dems do a complete about face from the far left and have a much better, truly moderate (which currently means right leaning to dems) candidate than Biden.

IMO Biden gets the vote from people who have enough money to not feel the current pain and those looking for free stuff.  Everyone else is getting hosed and feeling the pain.  No point in voting for more pain unless of course you're a masochist.

Well, I disagree with your perception of Biden on the political L to R scale as well as why people vote the way they vote, so let's just agree to ignore each other.  Though I do wonder whatever happened to the conservative mantra that the only reason people were struggling financially is because they refused to work hard and spend wisely?  This new "it's not your fault you're poor" compassionate mentality coming from a conservative is almost refreshing. 

It's not your fault you are poor, but don't worry, the government is going to help you out of this.  Pretty odd view for a conservative to have, but I guess political parties change over time.

(10-25-2023, 04:02 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That was 2020.  People have had some time to feel some real pain with no end in sight and see some real failure.

Actually it was 2022, I think I may have mistyped it.  I'm talking about the midterms when the economy sucked and Biden's approval was way low and conservatives really did a swing and a miss by overplaying their hand thinking MAGA was going to win in states like PA, AZ, GA, and so on.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I disagree with your perception of Biden on the political L to R scale as well as why people vote the way they vote, so let's just agree to ignore each other.  Though I do wonder whatever happened to the conservative mantra that the only reason people were struggling financially is because they refused to work hard and spend wisely?  This new "it's not your fault you're poor" compassionate mentality coming from a conservative is almost refreshing. 

It's not your fault you are poor, but don't worry, the government is going to help you out of this.  Pretty odd view for a conservative to have, but I guess political parties change over time.

lol.  I'm not poor.  I just had hundreds more a month under Trump.

Not sure who you are talking about.  I'm not a conservative.

We will find out what people think soon enough.  I know a couple pretty leftish people that are done with Biden and the checkbox brigade.

I personally don't like either side.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I disagree with your perception of Biden on the political L to R scale as well as why people vote the way they vote, so let's just agree to ignore each other.  Though I do wonder whatever happened to the conservative mantra that the only reason people were struggling financially is because they refused to work hard and spend wisely?  This new "it's not your fault you're poor" compassionate mentality coming from a conservative is almost refreshing. 

Actually it was 2022, I think I may have mistyped it.  I'm talking about the midterms when the economy sucked and Biden's approval was way low and conservatives really did a swing and a miss by overplaying their hand thinking MAGA was going to win in states like PA, AZ, GA, and so on.

Ya, 2022.  Wasn't that when the SCOTUS abortion thing was happening?  I think that is the only thing that saved the Dems.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: lol.  I'm not poor.  I just had hundreds more a month under Trump.

Not sure who you are talking about.  I'm not a conservative.

We will find out what people think soon enough.  I know a couple pretty leftish people that are done with Biden and the checkbox brigade.

I personally don't like either side.

Well I mean if you are telling me Biden is rather "left" then it's safe to say you are conservative enough to consider the center to be further right than I would, but I have my own bias so meh.

As for finding out what people think soon enough, I'd like to remind you that Biden won in 2020 and a lot of people are refusing to admit it so we can't rule out that people are automatically going to just face whatever facts supposedly come to light via an election anymore.

(10-25-2023, 04:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, 2022.  Wasn't that when the SCOTUS abortion thing was happening?  I think that is the only thing that saved the Dems.

Trump's bragging about appointing the 3 judges who overturned RvW so it's possible the dems still have that to save them.
Reply/Quote
That dude has a nice carreer ...

Sicko.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote