Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Much do you Trust Nugent?
Lapham was busy fellating Nugent in the locker room after the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:12 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Technically, it still counted for 3, so at least there's that Wink

Indeed.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if there are more than 4-5 kickers in the league that are truly trustworthy. Santos, Hauschka, Gostkowski, Vinatieri and Janikowski come to mind.

That being said, I have no faith in Nugent. Loved him today but still no faith in him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't know if there are more than 4-5 kickers in the league that are truly trustworthy. Santos, Hauschka, Gostkowski, Vinatieri and Janikowski come to mind.

That being said, I have no faith in Nugent. Loved him today but still no faith in him.

Okay let me get this straight you have no faith in him but he kicks one to put us in overtime then he kicks one to win the game and you have no faith still...makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Utts Wrote: Let's face it... Hitting the post is technically a botched kick. YES it went in, but as far as executing the kick he failed, in spite of the fact it banked in.

You make no sense he made the kick, anime the kick the put us in the overtime he did a great job today you just can't admit it
Reply/Quote
Nugent did a good job today, that OT kick was iffy but went in (can you admit that? lol).

I laid out a stat that shows Nugent (career accuracy) is 21st in active kickers. We can assume that is of starters, it would be a shame if another kicker had enough kicks to make his active % higher than Nuge and is on the bench somewhere, lol (who has 2 kickers?).

He's a hometown legend, a good story, and a good guy. But he's still 21st in the league. If we had a backup he would have been in there this game IMO with Nuge being 3/5 before this game, just like Hill got yoinked quick for Gio (the better back).

For me it started sometime last year where he missed 3 or 4 in a row and multiple in the same game (which happens), but 4 in a row was pushing it for me. I can live with can't hit the 50 yarders, but nowadays we need an accurate 45 yard and less. The question is do you trust Nuge to win a game for us, and I say I don't have full trust either unfortunately, based on stats.

Devon Still is a great story too, but he's not on the team.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I still don't really really trust Nugent to be honest
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Lets see, Nugent made the game tying kick as time ticked off in regulation and Nugent made the game winning kick in overtime, Bengals are 5-0, and some of you are complaining as always.  It just goes to show that win or lose, 5-0 or 0-5, many of you will come on here and batch and moan just because you like to come on these sites and batch and moan. There was no need to bring this thread back, but bring it back you did, and continue to complain about the guy tying and winning the game is far beyond silly and petty.

PS, kick-offs, Seattle is a great kick and punt return team, but Nugent kicked the ball non returnable and Huber avoided any big returns also and if you know Seattle, that was a huge part of the game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm feeling a teeny tiny bit better about Nuge. Let's hope this was the shot of confidence he needed as well.
Reply/Quote
Kevin, you don't get better by thinking everything is perfect, lol. Do you think the Bengals have nothing to work on after winning any game? That is one of the few things I like about marvin lewis, he doesn't really gloat or give props (especially to our defense, he's spot on with his comments usually) - "We did some things well, and we did a lot of other things poorly." Not a good motivator but slices the bread down the middle.

Nuge is not trustworthy, he made his kicks. That's like saying because someone who shoots 50% at free throws made his last 2 to win the game (but used the backboard for the last one) - and he's trustworthy.

NFL is usually what have you done for me lately so I wouldn't be saying this if he didn't miss 2 already this year, argh.

PS - let's not make Huber a part of this discussion, that dude is a pro-bowler. Nugent is not.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
NUGE ROCKS MY FRIENDS. Rock On
Reply/Quote
The kick was 42 yards, in good weather, with a good snap and hold. If it would have been 42.5 yards, it would not have gone in. Earlier, I asked if anyone was going to feel good about him trotting onto the field at Gillette Stadium in January to kick a 45 yarder to win the game... I still don't see how anyone would.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: he did a great job today you just can't admit it

Banking that kick off the upright is not a great job. It's a lousy job with a very lucky result.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:00 PM)kevin Wrote: It just goes to show that win or lose, 5-0 or 0-5, many of you will come on here and batch and moan just because you like to come on these sites and batch and moan. There was no need to bring this thread back, but bring it back you did, and continue to complain about the guy tying and winning the game is far beyond silly and petty.

The thread isn't called "Nugent Sucks" ... it's "How much do you trust Nugent?". That was a relatively short kick in excellent conditions, and he bounces it off the upright. Given how he's been kicking, bouncing that kick off the post does not boost my confidence in him. Not sure why we can't express our concern about Nugent without getting called names or be accused of bitching.
Reply/Quote
It was a good thing the OT kick today was 42 yards, because at 43, it's probably bounces off the left post.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't know if there are more than 4-5 kickers in the league that are truly trustworthy. Santos, Hauschka, Gostkowski, Vinatieri and Janikowski come to mind.

Santos missed 2 FGs today.  Granted, one was a 66 yarder into the wind out of desperation and not trusting Alex Smith, but the Chiefs lost by 1 point and Santos missed a reasonable FG during the game at home.  Oof.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:28 PM)Utts Wrote: Banking that kick off the upright is not a great job. It's a lousy job with a very lucky result.

This is true.

I'm happy with the outcome, but it was still a shitty boot.  Nugent makes me not wanna watch when the game is on the line.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The kick was 42 yards, in good weather, with a good snap and hold.  If it would have been 42.5 yards, it would not have gone in.  Earlier, I asked if anyone was going to feel good about him trotting onto the field at Gillette Stadium in January to kick a 45 yarder to win the game... I still don't see how anyone would.

I really don't think Nuge gives one shit about your feelings! He helped win the effin game!

Reply/Quote
That missed chipshot against Carolina still sticks in my mind the most.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:10 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I really don't think Nuge gives one shit about your feelings! He helped win the effin game!

Thanks for that insight and wisdom you added to the conversation, it certainly was thought provoking..
Reply/Quote