Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
(12-22-2020, 06:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Only if you ignore Zac's total body of work, and Mike Brown's history.

Three of Zac's 5 wins have come in December, when the season is already in the shitter. He is 2-19-1 in all other games. It seems 'logical' to say that he can't win games when it actually matters. 

I'm just curious if this coach just gave up on using TEs as offensive weapons at all?

Yeah, they throw at "the bum" every once in a while, but at some point did they give up on the position once Uz went down?

Uz being the only one with a TD.  Just sad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Beating the Steelers - Its obvious that Elizabeth Blackburn is now running the team! Better days ahead!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This win was a gift from the Steelers.

We only put up 230 yards of offense.  In our three first half scoring drives we gained a TOTAL of 68 yards.

This win should not save Zac's job or change anyone's opinion of his coaching ability.

Yep. The fumbled snap. Ben threw an int right to the defender.

I will say the defense was hitting. Interesting 0 3rd quarter points again.

A W is a W though and the fanbase seems happy. I dont know. I think it saves his job to management.

Where was Gameday Thread Freddie last night?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It was probly just the video of JUJU dancing on the logo and that should have been enough.

But with Zach and Burrow together they only won twice.  and i dont think burrow was the problem as he scrambled a lot and saved a lot of plays.

Yes. On the news and Twitter Juju has been polarizing. I think teams do play harder because of several of the Steelers divas.

Without Bush and Dupree, the Steelers D isnt that fast or good.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This win was a gift from the Steelers.

We only put up 230 yards of offense.  In our three first half scoring drives we gained a TOTAL of 68 yards.

This win should not save Zac's job or change anyone's opinion of his coaching ability.

I'm not convinced Zac turned a corner, but I am convinced Lou had his defense inspired up last night. It's almost like these guys knew the rivalry, which has tamed down a bit the last 2 years IMO. Not for the fans, but for the players. As for your stats on yardage, it wasn't wasted. It wasn't a sloppy game. It didn't end 6-3 or some nasty score like that. Bengals moved the ball and made it count. 

The D was the real super hero's here. Damn that was fun to watch. But yes, stat wise, if you didn't watch the game and just read this morning stats, the Bengals sucked. But they didn't and that's the real story.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lou Anarumo had the Bengals’ defense playing against the Steelers the way the Steelers’ defense usually plays against the Bengals. He basically out-Steeler-ed the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Loved the win. Think I feel asleep last night smiling. That said, it still want the same changes I did before the game.

Since Taylor was coach when Cincy beat the Steelers, make sure he gets a high quality moving company to get his butt out of town.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty happy with the win.

Why? Well, I'll tell you.

For years, the Steelers beat us. A few of those games, we had the better team. Either we got out coached or guys just didn't care. Whatever the change, we took a beat up team with a qb who statistically was one of the worst in the league, changed a few things up and beat a team that was better than us at most positions. I dunno if that's because the newer guys are buying into what zt is saying or if zt is finally learning how to coach.

But, no, I don't attribute it to bad luck, bad calls or some catastrophic meltdown by the Steelers. They just got outplayed by the bengals for the first time in a long time.

A couple good draft picks, getting rid of some garbage, a good free agency and hopefully at least getting an oc will improve things a lot.
Reply/Quote
This was a disastrous win. ZT is not a head coach and the team is celebrating their 5th win in 2 years like they actually accomplished something. This wasn’t about the bengals rising to the occasion it was the Steelers playing like garbage and making the Bengals have a fluke game. It doesn’t change the garbage coaching and garbage management that will continue for another year of ineptitude and failure.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:53 PM)cj1895 Wrote: This was a disastrous win. ZT is not a head coach and the team is celebrating their 5th win in 2 years like they actually accomplished something. This wasn’t about the bengals rising to the occasion it was the Steelers playing like garbage and making the Bengals have a fluke game. It doesn’t change the garbage coaching and garbage management that will continue for another year of ineptitude and failure.

Yeah I kinda feel like we won a battle but lost the war. Zac could still destroy Burrows career. Management might feel like going status quo on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I kinda feel like we won a battle but lost the war. Zac could still destroy Burrows career. Management might feel like going status quo on the roster.

I’m still against even giving him one more year, but if he doesn’t take a significant step forward next season (like at least.500) that better be it. Can’t waste Burrow’s entire rookie contract while this guy learns how coach.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m still against even giving him one more year, but if he doesn’t take a significant step forward next season (like at least.500) that better be it. Can’t waste Burrow’s entire rookie contract while this guy learns how coach.

Thats just it. Say he goes 7-9 next year...I doubt they fire him.

It's weird. He's put what 10-11 poor performances in and 3 good ones. And people think that gets him another year. 

Shula used to win games late in the season too.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Thats just it. Say he goes 7-9 next year...I doubt they fire him.

It's weird. He's put what 10-11 poor performances in and 3 good ones. And people think that gets him another year. 

Shula used to win games late in the season too.

If burrow hadn't gotten injured, we probably would've went 7-9 THIS year. 

If most everybody is healthy, well have a winning season next year, with or without or in spite of ZT.
Reply/Quote
I've been a member of these forums since 2004 and I think this is the first time I've seen fans mad that we beat the Steelers. Not to mention in front of a national audience in prime time. We outplayed them. we out physicaled them, we wanted it more than they did. And still some fans are mad.

I know a lot on here like to poke fun of Denny from the mothership, but this is really what needs to be laughed at.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've been a member of these forums since 2004 and I think this is the first time I've seen fans mad that we beat the Steelers. Not to mention in front of a national audience in prime time. We outplayed them. we out physicaled them, we wanted it more than they did. And still some fans are mad.

They are rooting for us to lose for draft position and for ZT to get fired, but yeah.
The negativity of this forum is too much sometimes, not that it's not often warranted but you don't always need to consume it
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:26 AM)Benton Wrote: If burrow hadn't gotten injured, we probably would've went 7-9 THIS year. 

If most everybody is healthy, well have a winning season next year, with or without or in spite of ZT.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Plenty of teams win without their QB1. The Giants beat the Seahawks this season with Colt McCoy. The Steelers went 8-8 without Ben last season. Ryan Finley never should have been QB2 coming into the season, and that’s on ZT and Tobin.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Plenty of teams win without their QB1. The Giants beat the Seahawks this season with Colt McCoy. The Steelers went 8-8 without Ben last season. Ryan Finley never should have been QB2 coming into the season, and that’s on ZT and Tobin.

I don't disagree.

The only point is there have been a lot of folks concerned that were stuck with ZT for another marvin like run, predicting well have six or seven wins, which will lead mike to giving the guy a long contract.

But we're probably going to get that many wins out of burrow, regardless of who the head coach is. Probably more. He's one of those handful of qbs that's going to get the team into position for 3-4 touchdowns per game no matter who is around him or calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:34 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't disagree.

The only point is there have been a lot of folks concerned that were stuck with ZT for another marvin like run, predicting well have six or seven wins, which will lead mike to giving the guy a long contract.

But we're probably going to get that many wins out of burrow, regardless of who the head coach is. Probably more. He's one of those handful of qbs that's going to get the team into position for 3-4 touchdowns per game no matter who is around him or calling plays.

You know what's really sad? Zac is now 50% of the way to matching Marvin's wins against the Steelers at PBS.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You know what's really sad? Zac is now 50% of the way to matching Marvin's wins against the Steelers at PBS.

The Steelers were Marvin's kryptonite. Sadly, however, the rest of the league seems to Taylor's.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've been a member of these forums since 2004 and I think this is the first time I've seen fans mad that we beat the Steelers. Not to mention in front of a national audience in prime time. We outplayed them. we out physicaled them, we wanted it more than they did. And still some fans are mad.

I know a lot on here like to poke fun of Denny from the mothership, but this is really what needs to be laughed at.

I'm happy we knocked the snot out of the Steelers. Hell, we even did with a crappy 5 wins in two seasons coaching staff. That's impressive!

Reply/Quote