Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How important is a TE
(03-08-2024, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After seeing his RAS, i'm once again (still) intrigued...

If they could get him at 8M per, that puts him right in the middle of the pack at AAV.

Fant, Sample, Hudson sounds like a good room to me.

It does and if we could make it a 3 year deal it would definitely solve the revolving door the coaches were talking about at TE.

At least I sure hope so, I don't think Fant has been used right in the NFL yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It does and if we could make it a 3 year deal it would definitely solve the revolving door the coaches were talking about at TE.

At least I sure hope so, I don't think Fant has been used right in the NFL yet.

Cutting Mixon (something i was previously...kind of...opposed to 'bird in the hand' and all) and drafting a RB, would help ease the sting a bit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After seeing his RAS, i'm once again (still) intrigued...

If they could get him at 8M per, that puts him right in the middle of the pack at AAV.

Fant, Sample, Hudson sounds like a good room to me.

I know they don't want a revolving door at TE, but I'd take a lesser TE if it means putting more money into DT, RT and S.  Maybe you can get Harrison Bryant for 4.5M/yr.  Whatever they do, you don't want to wait for a weak draft class.  Another option though may be a trade.  There are teams with backups that can start here, maybe a team that has less overall picks. 
Reply/Quote
I would not mind seeing Boyd's looks being replaced via a receiving TE.

Puts another wrinkle in the Bengals playbook.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 10:17 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would not mind seeing Boyd's looks being replaced via a receiving TE.

Puts another wrinkle in the Bengals playbook.

BengalRugby?

Long time no see.... Rock On
Reply/Quote
RAS TEs in the draft:

Johnson: 9.99
Reiman: 9.93
Sinnott: 9.75

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2024-nfl-combine-top-ras-results-by-position-include-ad-mitchell-and-isaac-guerendo/ar-BB1jg1YC

If RAS is your jam, just take one of those guys Rd3 or Rd4 and save $7 mil.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BengalRugby?

Long time no see.... Rock On

Yes, old account is locked to a long dead yahoo account, hence formerly...

No more Dabo, Fredtoast, Denny, different world, different Bengals Nation!
Reply/Quote
It is actually kind of nice BengalRugby. DennyG's crazy biased homerism and Fredtoast's thread hijacking are not missed around here by me. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tip Reiman might be a real late round gem.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote:

4.8 forty is on the slower side.  Stover is 4.65, Sinnott is 4.68 and Johnson is 4.57
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 4.8 forty is on the slower side.  Stover is 4.65, Sinnott is 4.68 and Johnson is 4.57

Yes, those are my guys for us. Wink
Reply/Quote
I would not be opposed to seeing the Bengals looking at FB's, though they have shied away from that in recent years.

Cheaper than a TE.

Can get one without burning a high draft pick.

Can only help the short yardage game.

Arguably sets up a better mismatch in the passing game, as the defense comes out heavier.

Just tossing it out there while waiting on more signing news...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 4.8 forty is on the slower side.  Stover is 4.65, Sinnott is 4.68 and Johnson is 4.57

I don't know where you got that 40 time for Erick All but he didn't run at the combine and Iowa's pro-day is next week. Erick All tore his ACL in mid October so he might not test all during the draft process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:36 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would not be opposed to seeing the Bengals looking at FB's, though they have shied away from that in recent years.

Cheaper than a TE.

Can get one without burning a high draft pick.

Can only help the short yardage game.

Arguably sets up a better mismatch in the passing game, as the defense comes out heavier.

Just tossing it out there while waiting on more signing news...

Sinnott has also played FB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:45 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know where you got that 40 time for Erick All but he didn't run at the combine and Iowa's pro-day is next week. Erick All tore his ACL in mid October so he might not test all during the draft process.

Even more reason to be skeptical about drafting him with other options out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sinnott has also played FB.

Not opposed.

Versatility is a good thing, especially with Burrow moving around the chess pieces.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sinnott has also played FB.

Yes sir, Sinnott just makes more and more sense.

Can play TE, H-Back, FB, has good hands and is a good blocker etc.

(03-13-2024, 04:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Even more reason to be skeptical about drafting him with other options out there.

For sure, I would of been okay with Erick All if it weren't for the ACL tear. He is off my list for this year cause of it.

(03-13-2024, 04:54 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Not opposed.

Versatility is a good thing, especially with Burrow moving around the chess pieces.

No doubt, Ben Sinnott is about as versatile as it gets. 

Played clutch in a game last year too that I watched and made a big TD catch to win the game, so he has a killer instinct and 
shows up in big moments.
Reply/Quote