Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How will we do in the North in 2021
Can Bengals go 4-2 in AFC North?
Reply/Quote
To go 4-2 I think we have to sweep the Steelers and split with the Browns and Ravens. Not a easy task. I think both the Browns and Ravens have better rosters then us but the Steelers are trending downward.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are the team to beat. Not really worried about Pissburgh or The Ratbirds....
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:44 AM)Tony Wrote: The Browns are the team to beat. Not really worried about Pissburgh or The Ratbirds....

Tony I hope your right about the Ravens but they also had a nice draft and the spanked us twice last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:44 AM)Tony Wrote: The Browns are the team to beat. Not really worried about Pissburgh or The Ratbirds....

You're not worried about a team that has gone 25-7 the last two years (Ravens) and outscored the Bengals 65-6 in their two games last year? Interesting take lol.
Reply/Quote
Considering they haven't won more than 1 game in the division since 2017, 3-3 would be a huge improvement and I would run with that.
Reply/Quote

You should definitely be worried about Baltimore. We got absolutely destroyed by them both times we played them, including Burrow’s worst game as a pro, and then getting the ball ran down our throats to the tune of 400+ yards...

This is Baltimore’s division until we see otherwise. Cleveland is easily the second best team, and then us and Pittsburgh will battle it out for the basement (I do think we might actually be better than them). If we can split with each team I’ll be happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I can see it them splitting with the Browns and the Ravens, and sweeping the Stealers. I'm also not convinced the Browns can put it all together again this year, it's about time for their meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 08:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You should definitely be worried about Baltimore. We got absolutely destroyed by them both times we played them, including Burrow’s worst game as a pro, and then getting the ball ran down our throats to the tune of 400+ yards...

This is Baltimore’s division until we see otherwise. Cleveland is easily the second best team, and then us and Pittsburgh will battle it out for the basement (I do think we might actually be better than them). If we can split with each team I’ll be happy.

I'll 2nd this

The only team in the division we might be better than is Pissburgh. Perhaps we can sweep them ? Which I'd love ! Dancing
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:16 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Can Bengals go 4-2 in AFC North?

1-5 The other teams didnt take a step back
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:40 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: To go 4-2 I think we have to sweep the Steelers and split with the Browns and Ravens.  Not a easy task. I think both the Browns and Ravens have better rosters then us but the Steelers are trending downward.

Everytime we think the Steelers roster is trending down somehow they pull a 12-4 season out of their ass.  I too believe the Browns and Ravens both have better rosters than the Bengals.  The Steelere don't have a better roster, but IMO have a better coaching staff.   

I think if this team is 3-3 in the AFC North this year you consider that a win because realistically they could be 1-5 vs the North because the division is that good.  
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:40 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: To go 4-2 I think we have to sweep the Steelers and split with the Browns and Ravens.  Not a easy task. I think both the Browns and Ravens have better rosters then us but the Steelers are trending downward.

That gets said every year and every year they prove that it's just hearsay.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 08:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1-5 The other teams didnt take a step back

Xeno, this is the record I'm feeling against the North this season myself.  Did the Bengals improve in the off season?  Yes they did, but did they improve enough to compete with both the Ravens and Browns?  I personally don't believe so.  Will not get our ass whipped by the Ravens this year? I think we'll be a lot more competitive than we've been the past 3-4 years.  The Browns are only getting better as well.  I don't believe there will be a fall off from last year. I do think they have a competent front office now and a good GM, and best of all they found a competent head coach who knows what he's doing.  

I think the Bengals had a good draft last year and a good draft this year, but this team was so depleted of talent due to age and letting players go that they need to restock.   

I do believe that after 3 years of rebuilding this team "SHOULD" be 11-6 this year, and competing for the playoffs but I think 6-8 wins is where they'll be due to the competition in their division.   If this team doesn't make the playoffs then that's a reflection of the coaching staff and they need replaced.  No matter how much improvement they show, Taylor and his cronies need to go. 
Reply/Quote
I'll be happy with 3-3. I realize each year is a new-ish year but sweeping anyone this year would be a pleasant surprise.
Reply/Quote
We will be fortunate to get it to 3-3. This is one of if not the toughest division in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:16 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Can Bengals go 4-2 in AFC North?

This will be the Ja'Marr Chase effect.  Last year, the steelers and Ratbirds were able to shut down Boyd and Higgins and the Bengals had no answer.  Sure, the line will be improved and Mixon should have a much better outing this year in those games, but I think it will come down to how Burrow is able to attack them with 3 top-flight options.  I sincerely doubt they have the depth and talent to shut down all three.  If they focus on shutting down Chase, the others will eat well.

Even splitting with the steelers and Ravens will go a long way toward boosting this team's belief in themselves.  Those losses to Baltimore last year were embarrassing.  

I will predict an even 3-3, splitting with all three opponents.  If they are able to go 3-1 against the AFC West, that would put them at 6-4 with the remaining games being against the 49ers, Jags, Jets, Vikings, Bears, Lions, and Packers. Go 4-3 in those games and you have a 10-7 record and might be able to sneak in to the playoffs.  

It absolutely starts in the AFC North, though, and they have to find a way to at least split.  
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 08:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1-5 The other teams didnt take a step back

I expect the Browns to Brown and fall off a cliff.
Reply/Quote
Ravens seem to have our number. That's 2 losses. I see us splitting. 3-3. Steelers sweep and split with brown stains.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Gotta wait and see if the team takes a step forward this year. If they split the series with each team tgey are going in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 09:15 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We will be fortunate to get it to 3-3. This is one of if not the toughest division in the NFL.

This is a tough division. 3-3 would be great in my opinion.
Reply/Quote