Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber vs Chrisman-Huber won
(08-29-2022, 04:34 PM)pally Wrote: The record is still going away.  Huber and Riley are at 207 which stays static if Huber gets cut.  However, Clark Harris, who doesn't seem to be going anyplace is at 201 games.  He'll tie them in New Orleans week 6 and pass them at home against Atlanta in week 7

Very good point.
Reply/Quote
Several teams have cut their punters today...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Several teams have cut their punters today...

And good punters in some cases. Kern's a three-time Pro Bowler and Martin is only 32 and was cut because he wouldn't take lower pay.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For what it's worth, Puntalytics, a twitter user who, you guessed it, analyzes punts, that the Locked On Bengals Podcast hosts follow said this:

Kevin Huber will probably get the job if this is the case. Mike Brown is known for his loyalty. I don’t see us moving on from Huber for someone who isn’t even an upgrade. There will be plenty of average punters we can sign off the streets if Huber doesn’t get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:56 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Kevin Huber will probably get the job if this is the case. Mike Brown is known for his loyalty. I don’t see us moving on from Huber for someone who isn’t even an upgrade. There will be plenty of  average punters we can sign off the streets if Huber doesn’t get the job done.

Chrisman could be the one we sign off the street
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 08:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chrisman could be the one we sign off the street

He probably would be, but expect him to compete against another punter next off-season. Kevin Huber is a legend, but his leg is breaking down. This is a disappointing camp-battle loss for Chrisman. I don’t think he’s the guy if he doesn’t get the job.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm probably the only one that would like to keep Huber. I just like his consistency more pinning teams inside the 20. And I'd like to see him get a ring too.

I get that. Man this is a tough decision.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 08:48 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He probably would be, but expect him to compete against another punter next off-season. Kevin Huber is a legend, but his leg is breaking down. This is a disappointing camp-battle loss for Chrisman. I don’t think he’s the guy if he doesn’t get the job.

Well Huber had a slide last year late in season ,, but he stepped up in pre season and his leg did not look like it was breaking down and his hang time and placement were good... no need to go with a rookie punter when you are in the hunt this year for Super Bowl ...
Reply/Quote
What the hell? Chrisman is younger! That means he's better!
Ninja
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry Zaire’s for Huber to play another season!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:48 AM)pally Wrote:

Okay, I am fine with it. Just hope Huber doesn't start falling off during the season. Huber is the better Punter I think for our Offense.

I don't think we are going to see that many 3 and outs deep in our own territory where we need that giant leg.
Reply/Quote
It sounds like some good punters have been cut so far. Maybe Chrisman clears waivers and we sign him to the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It sounds like some good punters have been cut so far.  Maybe Chrisman clears waivers and we sign him to the practice squad.

Hope so and he sticks.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good Punters are hard to come by and if this young fella Chrisman is battling neck and neck with the greatest Bengal Punter
of all time and has a bigger leg I think it is time to go youth. 

(08-30-2022, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, I am fine with it. Just hope Huber doesn't start falling off during the season. Huber is the better Punter I think for our Offense.

haha everything's fine with you nate, even if you had the exact opposite opinion before
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: haha everything's fine with you nate, even if you had the exact opposite opinion before

Don't sweat the small shit. Nothing I could do about it, I understand either way.

Cutting Pryor is the one that irked me much more than cutting Chrisman.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: haha everything's fine with you nate, even if you had the exact opposite opinion before

You're really reaching here. 
Reply/Quote
Sign Matt Ariza.. Dude can boot them 69 yards +
Reply/Quote
Glad Huber won it..He's made a career out of pinning returners back and still doing it. Plus he gets to be the record holder later this year.. Tough telling which youngin will break it.. Could be Harris at some point. You never know.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Sign Matt Ariza.. Dude can boot them 69 yards +

Why not just drag Rottenbooger out of retirement and trade JoeyB.. One always needs a rapist at the helm, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote